Turn Five Planet Fall

The 5th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:26 pm

Date: May 21, 2080
Time: 2200

The two pilots had their work cut out for them as they maneuvered through the outer atmosphere of A925 in route to the satellite that made up the Penal Colony. The Penal colony was in a locked orbit around A925 and the planet was just entering the apex of its elliptical orbit around the primary star. For the next two years the planet would b in the grip of an ice age and its satellite would not fair much better, the Prisoner of the Don Quixote Penal Colony sought shelter by night working for fifteen hours straight each day to free the precious minerals and metals from the lump of solid granite and quartz that composed the satellite. Earlier surveys of A925 indicate that the satellite was probably a portion of a nearby planet that had been shattered by the manifold asteroids that surrounded the outskirts of the solar system.

Lt. Stanton Avery, fought against the solar winds that buffeted the asteroid, the Cheyenne Dropship threatening to flip end over end as the wings began to develop ice sheathes, the temperature within the aircrafts plummeted as each marine watched his or her breathe become visible. With an audible sigh the pilot settled the Dropship onto the Tarmac, the metal creaking and pinging from the strain of the flight. Flipping the switch, an audible claxon was heard as the red lights over the hatch began to flash their amber warning.

Filing out of the dropship and onto the Tarmac the Marines headed over to the elevator that would take them to the surface. The elevator spilled them out into the courtyard of the local administration building and dormitories.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Hunk » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 am

Fox began to shiver from the coldness.He thought to himself, it reminds me of the good old days of training for seals.If i don't mind the cold, neither does my body. This is no time for memories i have a mission to do. Fox shook his head to reassure everyone he was done zoning out.The courtyard was cold and bitter to fox. He didn't want to look bad by coming out of the elevator first, so he just followed in by position. This mission would be a piece of cake, dealing with terrorist threats is what i mostly dealt with to think of it. Shuffling through his BDU pocket he found his smokes and lighter. Lighting one up, he felt the coldness from smoking a cig starting to already affect him. Fox just looked over at Smiles,and grinned with a smoke in his mouth.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:42 am

As the temperature dropped, a rare smile crept across Eric's face. "I'm from Colorado. I'm used to this kinda' temperature. I used to go hunting up in the mountains. Which is where I got this scar actually." he said, motioning to his cheek, then realized that the scar had been eaten away by the acid on the previous mission. "Well, the scar that was here before.."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:29 am

"Morrison, do you know who we report to?", asked Bojan

William Jones

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by bull30548 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 pm

"Damn it Bojan didn't you call ahead for reservations. Ass kickers party of 17."

Wrench waved his hand as if summoning someone, before he motions his squad to cover the street to the left. He kneels as awaits further orders from higher up the line.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Apachetear » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 pm

Shivering, Jacob took a drag on his cigarette - and breathed smoke into the cold air.

Dropping it to the floor and stubbing it out he clapped his hands together, the fingerless gloves doing little to help against the cold.

"Alright marines - double check everything is tip top and find somewhere warm until we know what's going on!"
"Well, the scar that was here before.."
Smiling Jacob overheard the comment

"You know it's bad when one scar covers the older scar" He smiled, his teeth chattering

"I normally like the cold, but there's cold and freezing..."

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:20 pm

Dirk leaned back and relaxed. He lit a cigaret. Inhaleing deeply he held the smoke for a moment befor blowing it out in a thin stream. It got cold fast. numbness started to take hold of him.

"Man, as little as they pay us you would think that the cheep bastards could put a heater in these things" He joked

When they landed Dirk crushed out his cigaret on the sole of his boot and put the butt in his pocket. He walked out of the dropship and over to the elevator.

Looking around at the courtyard and the admin building he looked over at Con. "Hay Con, First class again huh?"He said with a smartassed grin.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Dugan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 pm

Dugan awoke startled as the Dropship touched down, cryosleep for him didn't seem like proper sleep and he always felt a little tried after it. Luckily he'd ordered his squad to wear their cold climate gear as he could tell from his breath that it was well below freezing outside. Dugan grabbed his IMP backpack and clambered out of the dropship.

"Ok First Squad move up to the elevator"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 am

[quote=""Apachetear""]"You know it's bad when one scar covers the older scar" He smiled, his teeth chattering

"I normally like the cold, but there's cold and freezing..."

[/quote]

Eric chuckled. "Neither scar was particualarly pleasent at the time. But they make good conversation I supose, and a bit more grizzly visage for the civies." he said with a smile, knowing probably half the men didn't understand a word he had said.

(OOC: Am I part of First Squad, Section A?)

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Dugan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:52 am

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 am

OOC: I don't get how we could land in a drop ship and take an elevator to the surface. Did we go down to the surface? Also, are we indoors or outdoors? A map would be nice if possible.
William Jones

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by StConstantine » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:43 am

Looking around at the courtyard and the admin building he looked over at Con. "Hay Con, First class again huh?"He said with a smartassed grin.
"Hell yes" Con said smiling "you punch up room service, get them to run a hot bath and send up some beers, ill go look for anthing not nailed down."
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:05 pm

OOC: Please refrain from using OOC here it disrupts the flow.

Bojan the maps that you placed in the Officer's Section are the maps that I am using. If you can repost them in the Informational Section that would be awesome. And you landed in a subset landing section. I am currently working on larger scale maps. I will try to finish them this weekend. It will include the interior of the Office's directly in front of you.
GM

Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:40 pm

[quote=""StConstantine""]"Hell yes" Con said smiling "you punch up room service, get them to run a hot bath and send up some beers, ill go look for anthing not nailed down."
[/quote]

"You got it. How do you like your steak? I figure we should have room service send a few up with the beers." Dirk said smiling
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Five Planet Fall

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:02 pm

Eric walked quickly forward with Squad A towards the elevator, smartgun at the ready.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Exigo Campaign”