Turn 42

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 42

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:10 pm

The gauntlet had begun. The Marines moved as fast as they dared, the creatures seemed to have drawn back a little. They had suffered a few losses and that had made them more cautious it seemed - Or it was the fact that the Marines now used an incinerator unit, strangely they seemed to be afraid of fire.

But the creatures was not far away, ever present on the motiontracker.

Pvt Pyro had been found by Pvt Bojan as they started moving down the corridor, he had got a bump on his head which had cracked his visor and was unconscious but part from that the Medic seemed fine. Pvt Gagarin was still missing though. Two Marines Sgt Steel and Pvt Bojan where half carrying, half dragging the unconscious Pvt Pyro while the others moved around them in a protective ring: Also known as the porcupine or circle waggon defense formation.

Slowly they inched forward, firing a spray of flames down the corridor every few meters. It was unbearably hot in the suits and the air was extremely moist down here. Carrying a fully equipped Marine and his weapon didn't exactly improve things for Sgt Steel and Pvt Bojan. A faint rumbling grew in intensity as they neared the equipment room - The engines must still be running on idle. The Marines suddenly saw the thick steel door with the text "EQ. Room" sprayed onto it in the dusk ahead. Pray to the gods it was open.

Suddenly a ventilation grid in the corridor wall exploded right in the middle of the cue of marines, a black arm with long fingers appeared inches from Sergeant Steels visor and only quick reflexes saved him when it grabbed blindly after the first best marine. Pvt Bojan realeased Pvt Pyro who slumped to the floor and slammed the arm violent with the butt of his Pulse rifle a few times, a snarl and the arm disappeared.

Moments later they reached the door...

A few tense seconds that seemed like an eternity before it opened with a rumble.

Once inside a quick sweep and the room was decided clear. The red lights in here was replaced with two pale white panels that send a flickering white light over the scene. The room was in disorder - Lockers where turned over each other and equipment littered the floor. There where also blood spattered on the floor and equipment.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 42

Post by Apachetear » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:53 pm

Scanning the room carefully, Jacob had switched back to his pulse rifle. As he scanned the room he slowly knelt down and dipped his finger in various different puddles of blood, daubing smily faces on his space suit. Sure he hadn't killed any of them - but not only was it his ritual, back at the station DNA scans would let the USCM know who were casualties aboard the ship...

standing up, several smily faces on his space suit - he made eye contact with Screaming Eagle and smiled grimly, then looked at Nick and winked.

Standing in the center of the room, he slowly rotated in a crouch - aiming his gun from ceiling to floor, so he could cover all targets and possibilities...waiting for contact, or orders, whichever happened first.

His incinerator unit was on the floor next to him, and he looked at the remaining fuel, he only had one reload - maybe he should have a fresh tin of fuel in now...(OOC: How much fuel is left in it?)

"So...what now?" He asked, breaking a silence permeated only by ragged breaths and the buzzing of the white lights...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 42

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:24 am

Bojan stopped for a moment to breathe in the situation. Things were not going well at all. A squadmate had presumably died, and another was not doing well.

After pausing, he came to the realisation that Pyro was still in need of aid. Bojan attempted to repair Pyro's suit (OOC: we still need them dont we?) and help Pyro's condition however he could. Doubtful Pyro would be able to function fully in his role until further recovery, Bojan took Zarb's medical supplies being the most qualified left.

Seeing his incinerator as most useful, Bojan kept his rifle slung. Motion tracker and medical supplies at hand. He didnt get paid enough for this.

"Sergeant, would you like to take the incinerator or motion tracker for 2nd squad." Bojans said to steel.
William Jones

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 42

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Ronald shot, smacked, ripped, slaughtered, grinded, and even screamed like a little girl several times. Anyone could notice that Ronald just didnt like this, he was friggin terrified. The man stood in the middle of the room, guarding every inch with fanatism only a insane person could match.

His finger never went far from the buttom, always ready to pour over a few hundred bullets into the first of the monsters, the alien friggin monster scum. He waited for orders and right now he hoped someone started to talk about teleportation techonology and prototypes...
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 42

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:47 pm

James nodded in understanding to Jacob.
"Alright Marines, let's get a defensive perimeter established." He looked around the room, hoping that the Sarge and Lt would not be offended by his taking control of the situation. "Ronald and Jacob, I want you to stack the lockers. I want only one way in and out left. Leave them at no more than chest height. Con, see if you can raise Priest on the radio. We need reinforcements asap and we need to set up an extraction for Pyro. PFC. Bojan I'll take the motion tracker for now. Sarge, LT, any suggestions as to what we do next. I think we need to set up a defensive base here and I will take whomever is willing to go and see if we can find the missing Marine."
Last edited by Pale Rider on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 42

Post by Apachetear » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 pm

Stacking up the lockers was hot work, and as Jacob did it he cast a quick glance in each locker to see if there was much worth taking - to use, or to loot. It was hot work, and being in the suit didn't help much at all.

Soon the lockers were stacked, and Jacob daubed another smily face onto his suit as some sort of reward...moving a locker he'd found blood underneath one that hadn't dried.

Moving back into the middle of the room he resumed his circling one man lookout - just waiting for something to happen

"God I need a cigarette, are these suits necessary? I could smoke then!" He was curt, and stressed, and wanted out of this place as soon as possible - he was sure everyone else felt the same way too - was the mission this damn important?

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 42

Post by StConstantine » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:03 am

Con opend up the comms to Preist. "We are holed up in some kind of locker room." Con said into the comms "Some strange alien things attacked us, they've taken Gosha and Pyro has been knocked out. Requesting backup A.S.A.P. The aliens seem to be afraid of fire so bring incenerator units. Over"

While waiting for a response Con walked over to one corner and began surveying the room to see if there was anything he could use.
(OOC: I wan't to use my "Find Hidden Object" skill)
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 42

Post by pants » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:22 am

Struggling to get his breathing under control Nick was still a little shocked from the events of only a few minutes ago. Actually finding out that there was...whatever the hell those things were gave Nick a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.
"Sergeant, would you like to take the incinerator or motion tracker for 2nd squad." Bojans said to steel.
Nick regarded Pfc Bojan for a few seconds before the question got through to his shock numbed brain, before he could answer though L Cpl Eagle had taken control of the situation and got the marines organising the lockers into a barricade and claimed the motion tracker from Pfc Bojan.

"L Cpl Eagle's got the motion tracker, you keep the incinerator handy Bojan. We might need it," replied Nick in reply to Bojans query.
Sarge, LT, any suggestions as to what we do next. I think we need to set up a defensive base here and I will take whomever is willing to go and see if we can find the missing Marine."
The questions got Steel thinking again as the shock and adrenalin of the last few minutes slowly wore off.

"I like your idea of a defensive base here Eagle but the only problem is that it would divide our firepower and these goddamn creatures are so fast that if they have the numbers they would probably swamp whoever was left behind. I think our best bet is to push the whole platoon forward to join up with the survivors and combine forces with them. We need intel on these creatures badly and our best source is the survivors. Is there anyway we can get in touch with them? Maybe we could use the ships comm? What do you think LT, L Cpl Eagle?"

Glancing over to where Pvt Pyro lay unconcious, Nick gestured towards him.

"I'll give him a once over and see if I can get him awake. If I can't we'll have to drag him with us when we go. There's no way I'm leaving him behind. Plus Pfc Gagarin is AWOL. I didn't see where he went but those creatures must have taken him. We are gonna have to get him back, even if I have to shoot every one of these damn creatures to do it!"

"LT the decision is up to you, what's the word?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 42

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:39 am

"I like your idea of a defensive base here Eagle but the only problem is that it would divide our firepower and these goddamn creatures are so fast that if they have the numbers they would probably swamp whoever was left behind. I think our best bet is to push the whole platoon forward to join up with the survivors and combine forces with them. We need intel on these creatures badly and our best source is the survivors. Is there anyway we can get in touch with them? Maybe we could use the ships comm? What do you think LT, L Cpl Eagle?"
"Sir, if anyone can get more info from this hunk of jump it will probably be Con. I will follow orders, sir."
GM

Image Image Image

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 42

Post by StConstantine » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:08 pm

"Sir, if anyone can get more info from this hunk of jump it will probably be Con. I will follow orders, sir."
"Alright Corporal, i'll try my best."
Con walked over to one of the computer hubs in the room calling Pfc Bojan as he went.
"Hey, Daniel, wan't give me a hand patching onto the system and see what it says about the bugs?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 42

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 am

"Hey, Daniel, wan't give me a hand patching onto the system and see what it says about the bugs?"
Bojan moved over to where Con was and hoped he was able to help. He wondered if he could get the comtech position with his skills and interest in technical things. Con seemed competent but not overly familiar with comtech's duties.
William Jones

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 42

Post by tashw » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:25 pm

Eileen had to fight an urge to demand someone tell her what the hell those things were and what the hell was going on. A dozen questions raced through her mind, how many were there, where had they come from, mostly what the hell were they going to do about them.

It took a few seconds to realise that the other marines were getting on with the vital job of securing their current location while she was standing there being useless. Deliberately Eileen focused on what Eagle and Steel were saying.

"Agreed about the comm, Sergeant," Eileen was surprised she managed to keep her voice relatively calm as she spoke, "Alexander, see if you can contact anyone. Try the Engine room first. Then see if you can get any internal sensors up, I want to know where the survivors are and where those... creatures are. Bojan, if he needs your help, do it."

Eileen turned to Steel and Eagle, considering their next move. "I agree with Sergeant Steel. It'd be nice to hole up here, but we have to find those survivors quickly, and unless we move fast and in force we're going to be slaughtered."

"If Alexander and Bojan don't turn anything up, both squads will head directly for the Engine Room to retrieve any survivors. We need to find out what's happened to Gagarin too. If we can contact Priest he may be able to punch a remote link through to the APC, the sensors there should still have a fix on Gagarin." She didn't bother to add they'd also indicate if he was even still alive.

"Alexander," she called out to the comtech, "Get me a connection to the Costaguana too, let me know when you have something."

Eileen took a slow breath, feeling if not happier, a lot more in control, "Meanwhile firstly let's get this room as secure as we can. I want a solid fallback location. Second I want any suggestions for handling those creatures. The incinerator seemed most effective, but it's a long route to the Engine room and they won't last forever."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 42

Post by Apachetear » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 pm

Screwing in his last cannister of fuel for his incinerator Jacob mused "Do you reckon there'd be something we can improvise with for incinerator fuel in the engine room...bet there's all sorts of interesting oils in there..." It was more to himself than to any other person, but he realised it might actually work "LT, Engine room might have a makeshift fuel for the incinerator..."

Grinning at his idea, Jacob crossed his fingers hoping it would work out, then he went to search through the things he'd emptied out of the lockers to make them easier, lighter, to stack - maybe there'd be something of use in there...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 42

Post by StConstantine » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:24 pm

"Yes Ma'am" Con said looking over at the Lieutenant.
Settting the signal to an open wide range signal Con relayed a Message.
"Can any one hear me... is there anyone in the engine room. Over"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 42

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:13 am

Ronald sighed loudyl, he was starting to get inpatient, he just wanted to get out or at least keep killing the things, they had to ran out of bodies... If they didnt regenerate or something scary like that... He thought for himself at the same time he kept guard, right now wishing he would have the rank to say something.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”