Turn 37

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 37

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 am

The dropship swooped up over the APC that was quickly gaining ground on the crashed space ship. The APC had been dropped less than 500 meters from the Spaceship.

The ground was fairly even, covered in black lava rock. Thick banks of greenish mist swept the ground all around the APC. Whisps of the green mist appeared behind the speeding APC as it approched the Spaceship.

The Marines unloaded the APC quickly, although the bulky suits made it a little more complicated than usual.

The spaceship was enormous and towered aloft them, the highest parts of it disappeared in the thick green smog. The Spaceship laid slightly on its side in a small slope with its nose downward. No lights could be seen from the ship.

Site admin

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:51 pm

"Alright, 1st Squad, you heard the sarge! Let's make a clean sweep into the ship. I'm running point with Con pulling a close second, I want 10 second intervals between the each marine. Ron your third and Jacob your the tail end charlie. I want all eyes peeled and cut the chatter. From here on out its hand signals." He nodded to the sarge, catching himself before he saluted the LT and him. One of the first things he had learned from reading some of the history of Marine Combat was you did not salute your superiors in the combat zone. All that served to do was make a target out of them.
He crouched down as much as was possible in the suit, so as to present the smallest target possible as he advanced toward the ship. 15 yards later and he leaned against an opening into the Andromeda. He waited patiently until the others arrived, motioning Con take the opposite side of the opening. James tapped the plate over his eyes and motioned for Con to checkout the interior opposite of Con; meanwhile he did the same for his area. His location looked clean. Once Con gave him an all clear sign he would motion 2nd Squad forward.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Zafubern
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 37

Post by Zafubern » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:01 pm

Zarb got up from his seat in the APC feeling a little nauseous. After all, the APC descended at sucha fast speed and the landing wasn't exaclty smooth due to the terrain which were lava rocks. He walked to the door of the APC and looked out. "Hmm, strange environment here," Zarb though to himself.

He planted his left foot gently on the lava rock, unsure as to it would cause him harm or not. He nearly slipped due to the thin layer of moisture covering the lava rocks but he quickly gain a foothold and steadied himself. Once he was steady, he planted the other foot down and commenced to talk up his position behind the sergeant while awaiting for the command to charge ahead.

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 37

Post by Apachetear » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:17 pm

"with all due respect sir, I'm manning the APC gun" commed Jacob "I suggest that giving up a vantage point and turret gun would be to surrender a significant tactical advantage"

Jacob thought he had a point - but he was more so reluctant to give up his armour and safety to be honest.

awaiting his reply Jacob scanned around for any threats...he was completely comfortable in his position with the heavy weapon at his disposal. In his training he'd never felt more comfortable than when he was utilizing heavy weapons behind armour or far behind lines...it wasn't to say he didn't have a strong sense of duty and honor. He just liked to be smarter about it.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:14 pm

"with all due respect sir, I'm manning the APC gun" commed Jacob "I suggest that giving up a vantage point and turret gun would be to surrender a significant tactical advantage"
James looked back at the jarhead manning the gun, "PFC Honeysett, first off I believe the sarge only meant for you to main the guns during the descent. If I am wrong then I will gladly take whatever disciplinary actions coming my way. So if you don't mind please get your butt over here and lets take care of this VIP, before we all end up screwed."
James shook his head, every time he thought the squad was beginning to jell something reared up its ugly head.
GM

Image Image Image

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 37

Post by StConstantine » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:30 am

Once Con gave him an all clear sign he would motion 2nd Squad forward.
Con flicked on the motion tracker and waited for it to warm up and start taking readings. Meanwhile he signaled that he couldn't see anything by pointing to his eyes, pointing at the spot he was checking and shaking his head.
Jesus i don't want to really admit it but man am I scared. This is worse than when i got caught by that dirty pimp.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 37

Post by Apachetear » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:47 am

Scrambling out of the APC Jacob sighed to himself...surely the squad leader should have seen the tactical advantage of having the APC guns there to support the platoon. But hey, orders were orders.

He moved to his position, hugging the cover like a shadow - scanning around for targets in any of the places they could be. He figured that the cultists wouldn't be able to survive without space suits any better than they would - so they would be more visible - they wouldn't have access to USCM space suits as well which were tactically designed.

Hoisting his gun from hip to shoulder, Jacob began scanning everywhere sensible for enemies - he wasn't going to be caught napping on this one, a single scratch meant de-pressurization and death - he couldn't take the two hits he'd taken last mission in this mission or he wouldn't make it out.

Flicking his com-link on a direct to Screaming Eagle's he said in a friendly that, Jacob thought, could give no hint of subordination

"I'm right where you want me sir. Though - I must ask - could you not see the advantage of the APC's guns behind you? Should we come up against any of these 'dragons'" He said the word dragons scornfully as if he did not believe for a second that such things could exist, but he was putting on this bluff demeanor - he was actually being as cautious as could be in case he was caught of guard and killed in a way more nasty than was necessary "The the guns on that vehicle may prove a great advantage"

Scanning around still he darted from one piece of cover to the next - never standing tall, and always running in a stooped crouch. Whenever he reached a stopping point he'd go prone, always looking at the ground first incase he would snag his suit on sharp rocks and kill himself stupidly...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:05 pm

"I'm right where you want me sir. Though - I must ask - could you not see the advantage of the APC's guns behind you? Should we come up against any of these 'dragons'" He said the word dragons scornfully as if he did not believe for a second that such things could exist, but he was putting on this bluff demeanor - he was actually being as cautious as could be in case he was caught of guard and killed in a way more nasty than was necessary "The the guns on that vehicle may prove a great advantage"
"I agree that it does give us an advantage as far as a retreat would be concerned, but it also leaves us one man down when it comes to carrying out the rest of our mission. The Sarge would not have joined the 2nd Squad if he didn't feel the need for us to be up to full strength. Since 2nd Squad will be covering our backs we can expect the guns to be rocking and rolling should we have to retreat. Jacob, from this point on we are maintaining radio silence and are using hand signals only."
Meanwhile he signaled that he couldn't see anything by pointing to his eyes, pointing at the spot he was checking and shaking his head.
James raised his right hand over his head and motioned 2nd squad forward. Then he left his index finger pointing upwards and twirled it in the air signifying 1st squad to circle up on him.
GM

Image Image Image

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 37

Post by StConstantine » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:17 am

James raised his right hand over his head and motioned 2nd squad forward. Then he left his index finger pointing upwards and twirled it in the air signifying 1st squad to circle up on him.
Con crept forward wincing at the slight clink of the heavy gear. Looking around he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye but he couldn't be sure. In his hand the motion tracker let of slight beeps showing the squad movements around him.
Con turned over to James and shrugged and shook his head to show that the motion tracker wasn't picking anything up and he wasn't sure why. He then shrugged again and pointed forward asking James whether or not they should continue forward.
I don't like the smell of this placeCon thought Or I wouldn't if I could smell anything through this suit.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 37

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:13 am

Pfc Bojan moved ahead with second squad, rifle in hand.
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 37

Post by pants » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:33 am

First squad had found an entry point into the ship, and Nick saw L Cpl Eagle make the signal for second squad to advance.

Pfc Bojan and Pvt Pyro lead the way for second squad, Bojan equipped with second squads motion tracker. Nick motioned for Pfc Gagarin to follow the two marines, Gagarins smartgun swayed from side to side as he moved towards where first squad were assembled.

Lt Vincent strode forward as well, her well trained movements showing her previous experience with the combat space suits, and Nick fell in beside her, automatically covering the areas not covered by her field of fire.

They quickly reached first squads position, and Nick motioned for L Cpl Eagle to move in. Nick knew this was where it was going to get interesting.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Zafubern
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 37

Post by Zafubern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:38 am

Zarb's movements were not very perfect but were not very awkward as he didn't have much experience moving around in a combat space suit but the practices from the lessons during Basic Combat Training does helped in aiding him in moving properly and not clumsily.

Zarb reached the first squad's location together with the rest of his squad mates and his heart was thumping, louder and faster with each passing second.

Pale Rider
Major

Into the Throat of Hell

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:03 pm

They quickly reached first squads position, and Nick motioned for L Cpl Eagle to move in.
James swallowed hard, this was fixing to get hairy than a monkey's butt. He slipped into the opening training his weapon on the area straight ahead, praying that Con would stop anything that came at his back. He advanced forward taking measured breathes as he swiveled his gun to encompass everything. Looking down he noticed that a fine layer of dust had blown into the ship's interior.
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 37

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Ronald just went on, did what a marine did and took no risks, he acted little cowardly at the same time he thought he looked silly in the suit. He petted his gun once before he kept on towards their goal and he was damn sure that any dragons or cultists coming his way would either get shot or he would grab his smart gun and smack their heads to goo. Hmm, Goo thought Ronald as his mind slipped into thoughs of food for a second but he shoke his head and kept focused.
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Looking down he noticed that a fine layer of dust had blown into the ship's interior.
James continued to advanced down the narrow corridor, his couldn't imagine the trouble that those like Glenn were having with there much broader shoulders. The sand below his feet had not been disturbed at least not within past hour or two. The way turned right, he eased around the corner, glancing to see if anyone or thing happened to be in sight. The corridor ahead was just as empty as the one they had just left. He waited until he felt the presence of Con closing on him and then slid around the corner, his weapon leading the way.
GM

Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”