Mission Briefing

Pale Rider
Major

Mission Briefing

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:53 am

DATE: June 12, 2191
TIME: 21:00 (Local Time)
OPERATION: Pharcy's Campaign

1st Lieutenant Danielle Harper sat behind the desk of her small office space that she shared with one of the other Platoon Commanders on board the USS John Glenn. She was finishing up the reports from the last mission. The debriefing had been hard to sit through as she and her command team discussed the events of the mission with General Noah Beauregard. The mission ended up as a large fiasco! Two of her platoon had come home in body bags with their dog tags wedged between their teeth. She looked down at the two remaining tags from Private First Class James McArthur and Private First Class Frank "Digger" Williams that she was sending to their families back on their home planets. Private First Class Oliver Grisham was wounded in action and was currently laid up in a med bay at Gateway Station. Most of her team was on the verge of Section 8 after witnessing the events of the last meeting.

Seated across the desk from her was the Devil Dawgs' new Platoon Sergeant, Staff Sergeant Gaston Ricketson.
“Staff, thank you for meeting with me at such late notice and hour. I assume you have read the mission debrief and I won’t bore you with a rehashing of the details. I want to meet with our team tomorrow at 0800. At that time we will see who our replacement members are and who are still with us. We ship out in ten days for the Wasp-33 Star System. LaSalle Bionational Corporation has reached out to the command. It seems that they have lost contact with their colony on Pharcys.” She slid him a folder and continued, “Read over the mission briefing, meet with the two Section Sergeants, and be ready to assist with the briefing in the morning.”
She dismissed him with a nod of her head and looked over her shoulder at her two synthetics: Pope and Deacon. “Gentlemen, I will need all that you two can put together for me that is off the books for this upcoming mission. I do not want to lose any men, I repeat I do not want to lose any more of the leather necks under my command.” She stood up and headed to her bunk to turn in for the night.

DATE: June 13, 2191
TIME: 06:00 (Local Time)
OPERATION: Pharcy's Campaign

Sergeant Alina grabbed the metal garbage can from near the entrance of the bunk room as Sergeant Kofi flipped on the bright overhead lights. With a flick of her wrist, the glass bottle began to sing its song as it rubbed against the inside edge of the garbage can.
“Rise and Shine you lazy bunch of Leathernecks! Fifteen minutes to get to PT and Mess. We have a Mission Briefing at 0900.”

[Tag Devil Dawgs]
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Mission Briefing

Post by eyeball » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:58 am

Paulson dragged his slow ass up, as the metal pounding began, somehow he was a section leader nowand he wanted to at least make a fine example on this his first day.

three mins to dress, two for ablutions, then off for light bite to eat before some PT, Hurrah another day in the corp.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Date: June 13, 2191
Time:0800
Operation: Pharmacy’s Campaign

1st Lt. Harper entered the briefing room. Today would be an information briefing and she would inform her Marines of the situation within the Wasp-33 Star System. She nodded at Pope and Deacon who were already sitting on the stage.

“Good Morning Pope and Deacon, I trust you both got a good night’s rest,” her voice vaguely hinted at her birthplace: Flint, Michigan.

Pope spoke first, his blue eyes twinkling as he responded to her jib, “Why Lieutenant, I slept so hard it was almost like someone flipped a switch!”

While it was rather evident that he was created from the same template, Deacon had the look of someone from one of the Greek Isles and his voice helped with that illusion. “Ma’am, I never get enough rest. You keep me busy running from one end of the ship to the other!”

Chuckling, Danielle appreciated the fact that the two synthetics had a sense of humor, “Well maybe you will get enough rest when we ship out in a few hours!”

All three turned their heads as the door sounded off again and the Platoon Sergeant along with both of the squad Sergeants entered. Staff Sergeant Gaston Ricketson, his Light Green eyes scanned the room, his freshly shaven head was pale white compared to his cream-colored skin.

Sergeant Alina Petrova, freshly minted as an E-5 walked to his left, her face was one of intense concentration, and her black eyes mere slits within her olive complexion. Her thick accent belied her Russian Stock by way of Bulgaria. “Staff, are you sure that we are the right ones for this job? I mean it's predominately a water planet. Shouldn’t they be sending in Squids? I mean I can swim and all of that but, come on!”

Sergeant Kofi Abiudon, a tall man of Nigerian stock with coal-black skin, blue-grey eyes, and naturally blonde hair shook his head at the younger inexperienced marine. At 48 he was too old to simply be a Sergeant but, he was good at what he did and had no interest in moving up the ladder. His basso voice carried with it a tone of respect for his impatient junior. “We must always remember that when we are called for a mission, regardless of where it may be situated that we are the best ones for the job. If Staff Sergeant Ricketson tells you to swim then you make like a Squid and swim. I urge you to remember that your Squad will feed off of your energy so make certain that you are not feeding them negative vibes!”

Danielle smiled to herself, it would definitely be an interesting mission as her new command staff worked themselves out. But, she already liked the wiley old jarhead! She saluted each of them as jerked to a halt and stood to attention when they noticed her presence. “At ease! Find your seats and we will begin as soon as the rest of the marines get in.” She glanced down and noted that it was 0755 as the door slid open and admitted the remainder of the marines.
(Tag Devil Dawgs)
GM

Image Image Image

Jpall
Private

Post by Jpall » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:36 am

Cormac Preacher sat quietly in the front row, waiting patiently for the briefing to begin. He was a large man, pushing the boundaries of what natural should look like, and it made his chair almost look comical beneath him. He sat as tall as some men stood, and his mass was just as impressive. For as much mass as he had, he was missing just as much charisma and hair. The man looked like a dark brown, overly muscular thumb and he generally said about as much as one too.

His dark brown eyes watched the androids with an intense curiosity while he waited. His face is perfectly blank, as though he is neither happy nor unhappy to be there.

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:40 am

breakfast and PT finished Paulson headed to the briefing. As he entered he noted a huge man sitting already and seeing his name tag swore under his breath, he had hoped to beat any of his squad here thus setting the tone that he himself would expect.
Paulson nodded to the man and sat next to him, he checked his watch 08:57, 3 mins to spare, he looked around to make sure the rest of his squad was here, they weren't, just as he was beginning to get worried the last two privates walked in and sat down with him.
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:10 pm

After all the Marines were settled in Danielle, looked over the room. Taking in the faces of every marine present, her mind superimposed into the scenery those who didn’t make it from the previous mission.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be hitting the ice baths shortly for a deep sleep. When we arrive I expect everyone to be prepped and ready to rock once we are pulled out of cryo, So let's get started so that you can get yourselves wrapped away. Kiss your current sweethearts goodbye because we all know that they will probably have moved on to the next fella or gal while we sleep for the next three years.”
Picking up the remote, she depressed the button, and the screen lit up to show the planet they were heading to.
“Phorcy or Pharcy, depending on where you hail, is a water planet. But it is a planet rich in resources that are valuable to the companies. Bionational's platform in the Deep of Repencola has been out of contact for two weeks.. A local militia unit was sent to investigate, and they went silent as well. We are the closest unit of Marines, so we got called for duty. We will be meeting a local member of the scientific team, a scientist named Dr Winston Kincaid. He will bring us up to date on any changes that may have occurred while we slept. So if there are no questions, get ready to rock. You all are free to go!!”
GM

Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:53 am

Paulson had not questions he couldn't remember ever having any questions at this kind of briefing, he tended to wait to get an NCO alone if he had anything that was bothering him. on this occasion he came up blank, too little information to make any judgments one way or another, he would wait until after cryo and see what they had to say then.

Paulson went for another session in the gym, ate again, then headed to the cryo bays. he found his locker and stripped down to just shorts and T, you didn't have too but he tended to wake up all claggy if he slept in the thin suits they provided. then he waited making sure the rest of his squad was squared away before he allowed him self to be iced up.

med techs came and stuck remote sensors on his as he waited as they did to the rest of his team finally everyone was assembled and lying ready for cryo, he joined them and the individual doors closed, next time he knew what would be going on should be roughly three years from now.

<tag alpha section Hells Hammers>
special weapons tech
Image Image

Jpall
Private

Post by Jpall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:47 pm

Cormac listened quietly throughout the briefing. His interest was piqued when hearing about the missing militia members for a moment, but on further consideration he suspected the science team may have just blown themselves to bits or released some sort of trapped gas. It wouldn’t be the first time humans unexpectedly dug into a pocket of something they shouldn’t, he though to himself. Why bother involving a scientists if they thought otherwise?

He didn’t ask any questions. He knew what was given is what they had, and he’d learn more in three years time. That’s when they’d give you the real briefing.

He walked the hallways as he thought about it. It wasn’t his first time being put on ice, but the time between missions was always uncomfortable for Cormac. With no one back home or anyone he was sweet on, his life involved entirely around the military and deployment. Anything less than a mission to pursue left Cormac feeling hollow and anxious.

He watched the day pass through the windows, spending most of his time putting everything he owned in a locked box for three years time. At the end of the day he put on the suit they had provided for him, taking comfort in the way it clung to him like a weighted blanket. In just a few hours, three years would go by, he idly mused as he laid in the pod waiting.

Return to “Mission Briefing”