CHAPTER 4 - SUBPLOT SCOUT SQUAD

The first Devil Dawgs campaign. The Marines travel to Fiorina 161 to respond to a distress call, but find much more than they bargained for.
JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

CHAPTER 4 - SUBPLOT SCOUT SQUAD

Post by JuanPerez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:11 pm

June 7, 2189
Location: Outer Veil, Neroid Sector, Near Former Penal Labor Colony
Mission Time: 06:58:35
End-Of-Turn: 02.02.2019

- MGySgt. James Screaming Eagle (Squad Leader)
- Sgt. Cano (Sniper)
- Cpl. Greer (Spotter)
- Cpl. Pushkin (Comtech)

After confirming the USCM Distress Beacon signal from within the colony complex and a jamming signal from the smaller starship, they were informed about the approach of the full squad in the APC. They would have round about five minutes to do something, before the APC arrives.

<Tag Scout Squad>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

NPC
Private

Re: CHAPTER 4 - SUBPLOT SCOUT SQUAD

Post by NPC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:22 am

Corporal Linda Greer – Spotter

Linda Greer watched the scene unfold through her binoculars. “Cano, are you seeing this?” she whispered into her mic. She watched as two of the black-ops mercenaries pushed a handcuffed Asian man toward the laser-cage. A small opening appeared in the laser-cage and the handcuffed man was pushed inside. She watched breathlessly as he shouted something at the mercenaries and then inhaled sharply as she saw the xenomorph appear and lunge at the man. Just at that moment, the mercenary with the ancient flame-thrower style weapon sent a sheet of strange fluid over the xenomorph and its prey, freezing them both in place. She watched in disgust as the mercs high-fived and then placed the xenomorph in a metal tube for transport back to their ship.

Sergeant Mark Cano - Sniper

Sergeant Cano watched the scene unfold with fascinated disgust. He waited patiently and kept his scope trained on the mercenaries in case the order came to fire. No order came yet, but he was itching to know if they were going to sneak in or just tear into the place. With support on the way, they could likely start a firefight without being totally surrounded and wiped out, but it might not be the wisest choice. “Awaiting your orders, Master Guns,” he whispered into his mic.

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 am

Shaking his head in disgust James clicks on his units mic, "Okay gentlemen, time for a bag and tag. I want one of the mercs taken captive and we will interrogate him."

"Greer and Pushkin locate a cave for us to set up shop!"

"Sergeant Cano, find us an easy mark. I am gonna move closer so guide me in the right direction."

James moved deeper into the snow covered terrain. Finding a deep ravine that ran parallel to the enemy encampment before it jogged right into a small copse just to the south.

(Tag All)
GM

Image Image Image

BarbarianMathematics
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BarbarianMathematics » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:09 am

Nikolai murmurs to himself with a stern look on his face, "Pretty gruesome."

Once he looks back to the Sergeant, he nods his head, giving a small salute in acknowledgement, "Yes sir!"

Given his lumbering yeti-like appearance in the snowy wasteland, he goes out in the area, trying to stay hidden while he goes through the terrain, making sure to stay low and try to prevent himself from leaving too many tracks in the snow. He searches through the landscape to see if there is a hole or opening about.

When he gets to a secluded enough spot, he murmurs over his mic to the APC, "Echo squad to actual, we've come across at least 6 mercenaries along with a xenomorph and what looks to have been a civilian, likely KIA. Eagle is trying to capture a hostile in the area. Do you copy?"

(Tag all)
ImageLCpl. Tanya Sokolova
Image Image

Corporal Nikolai Pushkin - ComTech
(Currently recovering)

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am

Pushkin's radio came to live ...
"Echo squad, actual speaking, proceed with your plan. ETA one minute to your position. Actual out"
Game Master
————————————
Image Image Image

Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
M94 Marking Flares

NPC
Private

Post by NPC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 am

Corporal Linda Greer – Spotter
"Greer and Pushkin locate a cave for us to set up shop!"

"Affirmative, Gunny" ... she replied using the unit's mic and changed the direction of her sight, adjusting the binoculars, searching the area near Screaming Eagle for some kind of cave

Sergeant Mark Cano - Sniper

"Gunny, stay right where you are. One of the mercs is closing in on your position. I don't think, he saw you. Oh ... yes ... he received a nature's call. Peeing behind a rock. That's your chance, gunny"
<Tag Screaming Eagle>

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:19 am

NPC wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 am Sergeant Mark Cano - Sniper

"Gunny, stay right where you are. One of the mercs is closing in on your position. I don't think, he saw you. Oh ... yes ... he received a nature's call. Peeing behind a rock. That's your chance, gunny"
<Tag Screaming Eagle>
James smiled at the words in his ear. He slung his weapon and drew his tomahawk, reversing his grip he silent moved forward. Timing his steps with the sighs of relief from the merc. Swinging his handle down he aimed for the temp!e hoping to strike hard enough to knock the man out but, not kill him.
<Tag GM>
GM

Image Image Image

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 pm

<GM Section

Screaming Eagle's Action: "....Timing his steps with the sighs of relief from the merc...."
-> Doom Dice Roll: Screaming Eagle's Expert Level Sneaking vs. Merc's Expert Level Awareness minus situational penalty
-> Result: Screaming Eagle 4 Successes vs. Merc 3 Successes>

Like an invisible shadow, James Screaming Eagle approached the peeing merc silently and most importantly unnoticed, until he was within striking distance of his tomahawk. He raised the reversly gripped blunt weapon, aimed , focused and ....

<GM Section
....Swinging his handle down he aimed for the temp!e....>
-> Doom Dice Roll: Screaming Eagle's Expert Level Hand-To-Hand Combat plus situational modifier -> Result: Screaming Eagle 4 Successes>

... smaked the handle into the merc's temple. A slight groan was all, that came out of the man, his body flagged instantly and fell into the partially white and partially yellow snow in front of him.
<Tag Scout Squad>
Game Master
————————————
Image Image Image

Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
M94 Marking Flares

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:42 am

James grabbed the unconscious soldier on his shoulders making certain to smash the bastards face into the yellowed snow. It was bad enough the Xenomorphs would make quick work of any living creature quickly turning them into an incubator by themselves without adding support from fellow human beings. As far as he was concerned this blight on society he was carrying wouldn’t receive the benefits of the Geneva Convention Code of Conduct when interrogating a P.O.W. No instead he was about to demonstrate an archaic methodology of getting someone to talk.
He clicked on his localized transponder, “I need a fire going in that cave as quickly as you can. I have a little bird that I need to make sing and I think I can know just what melody I want to play with him.”
He followed the units tracking signal on his left eyepiece as he slipped quietly back up the ravine to the mesa that overlooked the enemy encampment. Entering the cave, he unceremoniously dumped the enemy combatant. Looking through his gear he found some 550 Cord (AKA Paracord) and tied the man’s hands to some pitons that he drove into the floor. Using his K-Bar he cut off the man’s clothing and then fastened his legs in similar fashion. “Anyone who wants plausible deniability I suggest you exit the cave the now. Otherwise, listen up and take notes. This little songbird is about to tell us who, what, where, and when and rather quickly if I am not mistaken!” He stuffed a wadding of the clothing into the merc’s mouth.
Opening his canteen, James poured it onto the man’s face, causing him to sputter awake.

“Hello there ya ugly bastard! I am going to ask you a series of questions and you are going to play nice and answer them for me. Do I make myself clear?”
The mercenary sneered through the gag, and made it quite clear he didn’t really give a crap what the smaller man was suggesting. “Good, I was really hoping you would try to be some hard ass!” He walked over to the fire and removed his K-Bar where he had sat it recently to heat it up. “So here’s what’s going to happen. I am going to ask you a question. You will nod yes that you are going to answer it. I will remove your gag and you can answer. If you nod no I am going to shave a thin slice of skin off starting with your left nipple,” James gave the nipple a playful pinch, “Just wanted to let you have one final moment with your nipple because I know you’re a big bad man and you are going to refuse to answer my question. So let’s start! Who are you and who do you work for?”
The man nodded yes, feeling slightly disappointed James removed the gag. The man spoke with a thick accented voice in broken English, “I am the man who slept with your mother last night!”
James didn’t even blink, he reached down and pulled the nipple taut and slowly drew the razor sharp edge from underneath the nipple where it lay on the man’s pectoral muscle and skinned upwards removing the nipple and an additional 7.62 cm (3”) of skin. He stuffed the rag back into the man’s mouth before he had a chance to scream, as his eyes widened in shock!
“Question number one again, who are you and who do you work for?” James pinched the right nipple stretching it taut to emphasis that he was more than willing to return to skinning the man.
<Tag GM and Scout Squad>
GM

Image Image Image

BarbarianMathematics
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BarbarianMathematics » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:20 am

Corporal Pushkin clenched his rifle as he watched the entrance to the small cave. He watched Gunny Sergeant Eagle enter with the prisoner.
“Anyone who wants plausible deniability I suggest you exit the cave the now."
Pushkin walked past Eagle and slipped him a garrote wire from his pack. He moved the mic away from his mouth and whispered in Eagle's ear, "Be creative... I think I take a look outside. Make sure no one hear him scream." With that, he stepped out of the cave and stood by the entrance. He had seen torture before this, it didn't particularly interest him. He also wanted plausible deniability just in case.
<Tag Pale Rider>

As he stepped outside, he put the respirator in his mouth to cover his visible breath. He squinted through the snowy landscape for any movement.
(Roll Awareness)
ImageLCpl. Tanya Sokolova
Image Image

Corporal Nikolai Pushkin - ComTech
(Currently recovering)

Return to “Operation Fury”