Turn 4: The Med-Bay

The marines find themselves on LV-426 where it all started.
Hayden Knutson
Private

Re: Turn 4: The Med-Bay

Post by Hayden Knutson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Knutson saw Sergeant Jonsson's life signs jump to an elevated status. The rest of his marines' adrenaline jumped as well. "What's this?" he said to himself. "Everyone's adrenaline just spiked. Something happened."
<Tag anyone nearby>

He spoke into the radio. "Sergeant, what's going on? Status report, over?"
First Lieutenant Hayden Knutson - CO
3rd Reg. 2nd Bt. 8th Plt.

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 pm

After a few long seconds, the comtech's response comes back to him.
"Uh, looks like she fell down a big damn hole in the ground, sir. We're goin' after her. Over."
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Hayden Knutson
Private

Post by Hayden Knutson » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:21 am

Hayden Knutson thought. He hated sending people into a hole in the ground if he didn't have someone near to pull them back out. He thought about telling them to leave someone behind in the APC, but he didn't want to detract from their combat effectiveness right now. Then he had a better idea. He radioed the dropship.

"Knutson to dropship, come in, dropship. I want you to head over to the AP Plant and find the APC. Land nearby and await further orders. Over" At least that way there was someone to help them back up or drive the APC if needed.
First Lieutenant Hayden Knutson - CO
3rd Reg. 2nd Bt. 8th Plt.

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Nicole Grayham wrote: Niki nodded, he was right, better being alive with wounds than being dead. „Good ideas, both. But promise me, you will do the same Thing ... again.“ Nicole has nearly forgotten that one of these beasts already had caught her.
„We have already drove away one of these and we are prepared.” She was not sure wether she wanted to make herself or Jacob bolster up.
Was she in fear? She didn't know. She already saw the worst case at the APC. But in these moments the silence still was making her nervous. But after all they remained close to the sentrys. This might sooth her neves.

<Tag Honeysett>
Laughter, briefly. The corners of Jacob's eyes crinkled as he did so. A smile lit his face. "Aint no thing getting a claw to you without finding out what a bullet feels like too."

He thought back to the APC. He was so far out of his depth. Aliens? Acid Blood? what was coming their way?

He heard the line from an old favourite song as clear as if it was playing through a headphone 'If you're going through hell, don't stop.'

"We'll manage. We don't really have another good option, do we?"

<Tag Grayham>
Corporal Hicks wrote: "Hey, where's my flamer. I'm gonna need it. Somebody put it next to me would you?" he said, opening his eyes. "Just in case."
<Tag Honeysett/Grayham>
"Should probably go get that man his gun. Can't leave him on his lonesome with no weapon, that aint no Viking way to be..."

<Tag Grayham/Sykes>

[roll awareness as much as I can]

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:17 am

Lt. Knutson sits back down into his chair, glancing at the monitors. His marines were showing signs of elevated body temperatures as well as heart rates. Much like someone entering a sauna. A rattle overhead draws his eyes to the ceiling. Reaching out with his left hand he flips the radio on. "Honeysett and Graham, I have a disturbance in the command center. Get here on the double!

<Action>
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:44 am

Corporal Sykes thought he heard a disturbance in the adjoining room. He grabbed his flamethrower and carefully got to his feet. He fell down on the floor with a painful splat. Groaning with dull pain, he stood again, putting all his weight on the right leg. In this way he limped to the door and opened it.

He leaned in the doorway and looked around the room.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Lt. Knutson sits back down into his chair, glancing at the monitors. His marines were showing signs of elevated body temperatures as well as heart rates. Much like someone entering a sauna. A rattle overhead draws his eyes to the ceiling. Reaching out with his left hand he flips the radio on. "Honeysett and Graham, I have a disturbance in the command center. Get here on the double!

<Action>
Nodding at Grayham, Jacob started to move towards the LT's position. "En route!" He commed in. He hoped it was nothing, he steeled himself for anything...

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:49 pm

"LT, this is Pitt. We've found Jonnson. She's attached to the wall with some kind of resin. There is something attached to her face. Like a spider with a tail. I'm going to grab her and first will fall back to the APC. Have medical ready for her"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Sykes felt fear coursing through his veins as he looked around the room. The morphine had worn off. "Jacob, Niki, get here now!" He stepped forward and sealed the door behind him. "The LT is gone."
<Tag Honeysett, Grayham>

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Corporal Hicks wrote:Sykes felt fear coursing through his veins as he looked around the room. The morphine had worn off. "Jacob, Niki, get here now!" He stepped forward and sealed the door behind him. "The LT is gone."
<Tag Honeysett, Grayham>
Jacob did a double take.

"I'm sorry, gone?!"

His pace quickened. Rushing to meet Sykes.

"Where? Is there signs of a struggle?"

<Tag Sykes>

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:46 am

Niki followed Jacob without saying anything, when they reached Skyes her skin was pale.

„Gone? You mean he is dead?“ Nicole didn't recognize what was happen, but in her it was cold, warm, all at once. A kind of panic, for sure.
The last hours she could remain a marine, but now something broke. "The Sarge is gone, the L.T. is gone, we are dead." Her Voice struggled.
If someone could see the heart monitors, her heart was beating in overcharge. And Niki had to give in all her power to come back in a clear mood.
She did not want to die on this rock, so she had to act together.

But easier said than done.

<roll recon, as far as possible at the moment>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:37 am

Corporal Danny Sykes limped to the command center and peered cautiously up into the hole in the ceiling. He had his flamethrower raised and pointed toward the hole. "Sweet Jesus..." he said to himself. Danny picked up the fallen headset of the Lieutenant. He backed slowly away from the hole.

"Okay, guys. New plan. Everyone get into the operating room. The ceiling is solid, nothing can get in that way. And it only has the one door and the broken window to defend. To get at us they'll have to get past all three sentry guns and we bottle-neck them at the window."
<Tag Honeysett/Grayham/Priest>
"The Sarge is gone, the L.T. is gone, we are dead."
Sykes felt the same way, but he was in charge now. That meant he had to be strong. And he was a better bluffer than any of them. "Did I give you permission to die, marine?" He made eye contact with her to show he understood her. "There's 1500 rounds of heavy machine gun between them and the barrels of our guns. So after the first 500 die, we may have to stomp a few roaches." Danny winked at her.

He clicked his comms unit to talk to the marines in the tunnels. "Pitt, this is Sykes, over. The Lieutenant is gone. I think the bugs took him. We are secure for the moment. Get the Sergeant and get the fuck out of there. Whatever you need, just let us know."
<Tag Pitt>

Sykes let go of the comms and looked at Priest. "Priest, who the hell's in charge, anyway? With the LT and the Sarge out, it's either me or Pitt."
<Tag Priest>

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Corporal Hicks wrote: "Did I give you permission to die, marine?There's 1500 rounds of heavy machine gun between them and the barrels of our guns. So after the first 500 die, we may have to stomp a few roaches."
"Sir, no sir." Okay, the boot camp training was still working, but Niki knew she wasn't the only one thinking they were doomed. "Shit, I hope you are right, Danny." She smiled a litte bit.
Then she took her weapon and made herself clear to move forward to the command center. "Damn, if I go to hell, I will take some bugs with me." This was self-confedence àla Grayham.

<roll recon>
<tag Skyes and Honeysett>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Nicole Grayham wrote:"Damn, if I go to hell, I will take some bugs with me." This was self-confedence àla Grayham.

<roll recon>
<tag Skyes and Honeysett>
Jacob rolled his neck from side to side. There was an audible popping and crackling.

He hopped through the broken window, took up a firing position before performing a weapons check.

He assumed the LT was dead and realised he didn't really care. Sykes, Grayham and he still lived. That was enough really. He assumed the other marines would return, most of them anyway. It was kinda their job to die in a shithole somewhere, but he didn't want it to be here.

"don't intend to go to hell today, don't intend to let any of you lot head there either." his voice was low, gruff. He realised he was clenching his teeth. His breaths long and deep through his nose. He just wanted it to happen now, waiting and not knowing was always the hardest part.

<Tag Sykes/Grayham>
<roll awareness>

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:32 am

Priest broke in over the intercoms, he was not currently onsite having return with the Cheyenne, to procure some more supplies. "Attention Eights, this is Priest coming in, based on current events and the results of leadership training during boot camp I am temporarily placing a field promotion to Corporal Danny Sykes. He is acting CO and Corporal Dirk Pitts is your acting Sergeant. I repeat I am temporarily placing a field promotion to Corporal Danny Sykes, he is acting CO and Corporal Dirk Pitts is your acting Sergeant. You are under orders to complete this mission."

<Actions>
GM

Image Image Image

Return to “Operation Acheron”