Turn 3 Home Away from Home

The marines find themselves on LV-426 where it all started.
Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Turn 3 Home Away from Home

Post by Nicole Grayham » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:18 pm

maxvale76 wrote: "If you're hurtin', I'm cool with you leaning againt the wall or sumting' for a minute" I don't tink we ever really met...I'm Samantha...call me Sam. I'm from de New Kingston Colony. How 'bout you?"
Niki was surprised but then she smiled a litte bit. „Nice to meet you, Sam. I am Nicole, my friends say Niki. We are all one family, so you can too.“ She grinned a little bit. “Maybe you can hear it, I am from canada. We moved to the US later.
And thanks for your care, but i am fine. The Pain will go. This Bugs wait for every opportunity or weakness.“ She still went beside Sam and tried not to look too nervous, but she was. She felt being watched but talking was a good way to stay in an
alerted mood but not to overreact. „How did you become a marine?“

<Tag Hall>
<Roll awareness>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Sam smiled at the last question about how she became a Marine and replied; "Nice to meet you Nikki. If you listen to my Dad, I became a Marine because I've got rocks fer brains". She grew more serious and said; "My parents run a small restaurant on a beach in New Kingston's capital city Marley. It was...still is... popular wit visitors, especially Colonial Marines. I used to just 'tink dey had cool uniforms and it would be bad-ass to be one...but as I got older, I realized that my nice, quiet beach life growing up was because of people like dem. So I joined up, to pay dem back".

Then she glanced over at Nicole and thought about the horrible alien that had hurt her legs and poor Wang's face and said; "I been kinda re-tinkin' dat idea though in de last couple hours"; she said with a wry grin. Shaking off her dark thoughts, she kept up the perimeter patrol and said; "Canada.....is dat de place with all de snow and skiing? I've never seen snow and de only skiing on New Kingston is water skiing".

<Roll Awareness>
<Tag Nicole>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Niki smiled while she was thinking about her home. „Yeah, lot of snow and trees. Man, I loved this place. I hated that we moved to an other city, but my dad died early.
He was a hunter, you know.. he was the best and I tried to follow his footsteps, but all I got was marines or jail because of poaching. And so et voila, I am here.“
She watched the surroundings while the talking and walking around. In her opinion it was too silent, but she liked to talk with Sam. For a second all seemed like normal.
„And I know what you mean, this bugs are scaring me to death. I am rather not sure the bug had eyes." She grinned too, but then she was silent a little moment, it wasn´t helpful to talk about the bugs.
"Waterskiing sounds like fun. Have you ever tried it?“

<Tag Sam>
<roll awarness>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:07 am

maxvale76 wrote:Samantha nodded at the responses to her question about Riot-grenades and tapped into the comms to ask the android Priest about it. "Priest, mon...this Hall from 1st squad. If you can find a case of Riot-control grenades, could you bring dem to us? Tanks."

<Tag Priest>
Priest received the message and quickly moved from his seat to the Weapons Closet. A quick glance confirmed what his memory told him. A small crate marked with the letters RG-237 on the side. He picked the crate up and quickly moved down the hallways of the Colony. When he reached the location of the Marines he set the crate down, "Private Hall, the grenades you requested are now located in the command post." He stepped back out into the hallways and located the backup power source and using a code he restarted the systems. With a few flickers the power came on and fresh air began to circulate,
GM

Image Image Image

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:33 pm

<Location: Hadley's Hope, Medical Area, First Floor>

After searching the room for round about half an hour, Perez was sure, that the sprinklers were not activated because of a fire inside this room. While examinig, he stumbled upon several interesting clues. He formed a theory for himself, but he wanted to check back with Honeysett about it.

"Jacob, i found a few interesting clues, which i want to share with you"

... he waited, until Jacob came over ...

"For starters, i did not find anything about, what could have caused a fire-alarm to set off. But i found three interesting clues. First, take a look at the floor just right beside you."

... Perez pointed with his left hand towards certain spots at the floor, next to where Jacob was standing ...

"See that, bullet holes, impact damage and parts of the floor are corroded"

... then he turned around and pointed to a wall of the room, where a kind of medical cart stood ...

"Same kind of show over there, bullet holes, impact damage, part of that cart corroded. By the way, on both scenes it looks like 10 mm pulse rifle round impact"

... finally he walked a few yards to one of the larger medical descs in the room ...

"and finally, i found these ..."

... he squatted himself down and grabed a cylindric tube, got upright with it and put it down on top of the desk ...

"Looks like a medical stasis tube. There is another one under this desk. The tube is undamaged, but the sealing had been removed. Same with the other."

... now he turned to Honeysett ...

"what do you make of this?"

<Tag Honeysett>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Clint used as much light as he could to view the slashing wounds to Corporal Sykes' legs. He had already started an IV in the left arm to replenish some fluids and allow for easy medication administration into the bloodstream. He went through the drawers of the medical bay and pulled out a few sets of sutures so he could get incisions closed back up. He located some local anesthetic, antiseptic, sterile water, and gauze pads to clean up the injured areas. He located the sizes appropriate for the types of tissues that he was suturing on and set to work.

After cleaning an area up with sterile water and drying it back up a bit with the gauze pads, he set to closing up with suture material, starting with muscle and then working with layers closer to the surface. After suturing, he cleaned the area with a gentle spray of saline to make sure he wasn't leaving anything left untended. The work was detail oriented and the lighting made for a tiring work environment for something like this. After each set of sutures was completed, he would reassess the distal pulse and oxygenation of the leg to ensure that there was minimal negative impact of the leg as he could. The anesthetic seemed to have the desired effect as Sykes seemed to stay just below a state of consciousness throughout the procedure. Finally completing closure of the skin on both legs, Clint stretched his arms out to full length and rocked his back and shoulders from one side to the other attempting to loosen tight muscles.

He took some time to watch his patient for signs of swelling, redness, or other indicators of infection. He monitored vitals for a bit longer, feeling satisfied with his work. He then took a few minutes to try and restock the medical supplies that he had used out of his bag. It doesn't look like the colonists or anybody else is going to be needing these supplies anytime soon. Anything that seemed like it would be useful to the platoon, he collected and attempted to refill or slightly overfill his medical kits.

<roll awareness/scouting>
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Return to “Operation Acheron”