2nd Squad and the APC

The marines find themselves on LV-426 where it all started.
JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: 2nd Squad and the APC

Post by JuanPerez » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 pm

"...Nah, you're probably right. We should make sure they're not carryin' some kinda contagion before gettin' too cozy with samples."
Perez nodded aprovingly ....

"Yeah, and how would you restrain it? Look at yout breastplate, or, what's left of it. Those bugs shit, piss, puke, spew and maybe sweat acid, fuckin a-c-i-d. Do ya really want it near of you?"
<Tag Wang>

Bad Idea, Baby
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:30 pm

JuanPerez wrote:"Yeah, and how would you restrain it?"
She stared up at him. "Well, we'll see, won't we? Sure they laughed at the first person who tried to nab a lion, too, didn't they? Someone's gonna do it sooner or later."
JuanPerez wrote:"Look at yout breastplate, or, what's left of it. Those bugs shit, piss, puke, spew and maybe sweat acid, fuckin a-c-i-d. Do ya really want it near of you?"
"Been around the stuff all my life. With the right equipment you can handle just about anything. Just bumpin' up against 'em just now gives me some ideas..." She finished applying the saline and settled back into the seat. She appeared to be deep in thought.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Nicole would have answered Perez but Clint gave her some medics and she nodded to him.

"I am fine with it, thanks man. At the moment I don't need painkiller, maybe later."

She began to patch up herself and listen to the talk from the other marines. She finished the wound care and looked from Perez to Wang. Her gun-team mate was right.

"These are fucking killer bugs and they behave like hunters. Watched there prey, surrounded them and then striked fast to the weakest target. I was a hunter, I know what I am talking about."

<tag Wang, Perez>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:48 am

"Well, we'll see, won't we? Sure they laughed at the first person who tried to nab a lion, too, didn't they? Someone's gonna do it sooner or later. Been around the stuff all my life. With the right equipment you can handle just about anything. Just bumpin' up against 'em just now gives me some ideas..."
Perez noticed first sings of affection, that Wang began to show towards those creatures. He had been on bug hunt mission before and had experienced all the same. Some guys got attracted by new and unknown life-forms. The magic of the mystery maybe? It was a dangerous path.

"Wang, let me put it straight. Our mission is to rescue our fellow marines and the colonist of Hadley's Hope, if there is any danger. Obviously, there is danger. We have faced the danger just seconds before and if we would not have been that god-damned lucky, McKenna would have had to pull out three body bags. Focus on the mission, not on the bugs."
<Tag Wang>
"These are fucking killer bugs and they behave like hunters. Watched there prey, surrounded them and then striked fast to the weakest target. I was a hunter, I know what I am talking about."
"I would say, they layed out a trap at the APC. I don't like the way, they cooperated and coordinated their actions. Not the slightest."
<Tag Grayham>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 am

JuanPerez wrote:"Wang, let me put it straight. Our mission is to rescue our fellow marines and the colonist of Hadley's Hope, if there is any danger. Obviously, there is danger. We have faced the danger just seconds before and if we would not have been that god-damned lucky, McKenna would have had to pull out three body bags. Focus on the mission, not on the bugs."
Sara looked surprised and saddened by the scolding. She didn't respond, but she seemed cowed.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Return to “Operation Acheron”