Turn 9 (1st Squad)

The sixth mission. The marines are faced with a new horror that affects the mind and body.
Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 9 (1st Squad)

Post by Corporal Hicks » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Lieutenant Gruber wasn't sure if she should be pissed off at Sam or herself. Maybe she had put Giosso in harm's way. Before she could react, Sam was moving. As Sam approached the first two, she saw that they were wearing the same security guard uniforms as the dead men in the hangar. Both had assault rifles, and both had sidearms on their hip. The man on the left was bleeding from the elbow and whimpering. He was weakly holding his arms above his head and squeezing his eyes shut. The man on the right appeared to be unconscious. Blood was trailing down his forehead and his right knee was bleeding. Sam kicked away the assault rifles and took their sidearms. Further down the hallway were what appeared to be two gory dead bodies. Doorback's smart-gun had ripped them to shreds.

Up ahead there appeared to be a four-way intersection. There were sealed doors on all three sides.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Re: Turn 9 (1st and 3rd squads)

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Samantha Hall felt and heard her heart-beat pounding in her ears and she felt herself relax a bit at seeing the state of the four men in front of her. Keeping an eye on the two further away from her, just in case they weren't fully down; she kicked away/gathered their weapons and called out to the marines behind her. "I've got 2 live and what looks like 2 KIA bandits here. The two still breathing have been disarmed and one of them is unconscious; both are wounded bad. El tee, if you want a prisoner; I'd send Boothe up, if he's done with making sure Mark's okay".

With that, Sam broke out some dusty zip-ties that she'd never had the chance to use, except in training exercises; and slapped them on the conscious security guard. Patting both men down, to make sure they didn't have any hidden comms, explosives, knives, etc.; she will pocket anything she finds and then move forward with her Pulse Rifle at the ready to make sure the two shredded guards further down range were down for good.

Assuming they were indeed KIA; she will then carefully keep an eye on the closed doors of the 4 way intersection and call out; "I'm at a 4 way intersection; looks like all the other ways out of here have sealed doors. Doorback; I could use a nice smartgun to make sure that if those sealed doors are some kinda trap or trick; anything coming through gets shredded".

<Tag 1st and 3rd Squads>
<Roll Alert>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Clint takes a look at the rifles and sidearms of the two men that Corporal Hall cuffed to see if he can recognize design and possible use for ammo or any attachments. "Corporal or LT do we want to clear out of this hallway into the alcoves or main hangar bay and interrogate the conscious guy? Clint asked of his superiors. "Whoever else is left here probably knows that we are inside the base, making them wait a bit and possibly getting a good layout of this facility would decrease our chances of getting set up for ambushes."

<Tag Hall and Gruber>

He ejected the magazines from the two pistols and cleared any remaining rounds and put the two pistols in one of his cargo pockets. "Get up and walk out to the hangar" he instructed the whimpering guy with the elbow wound. He dragged the unconscious guy back out to the hangar and set him down near where Boothe and Giosso were at. "Got two more patch up jobs for ya Boothe" Clint added setting the unconscious man down somewhat gently. From the looks of that guy's knee, he wouldn't be up and walking around anytime soon. Clint then went back to the alcove on the left and pulled his rifle up to low ready awaiting what would come next.

<Tag Boothe, Giosso, conscious prisoner>

Private Clint McKenna
1st Squad Sniper
Platoon Armorer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Aun studied the scene in the hallway. He saw the people detaining and looting.

3 doors, all closed. Wonder which one was going to open first.

"one of those doors starts moving, I'm gonna start shooting unless I get prior verification." he responded to Sam's orders "Mckenna's right, I'd rather know what's behind door number 1, 2 or 3 before trying to open any of them"

<tag Sam, tag Clint>

<awareness/overwatch>

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Sam finds a knife and a grenade on one of the guards, but he gives no fight in giving them up. The two other guards are ripped to shreds, one with a severed arm, and the other with an exploded head.

The marines drag the two wounded guards out to the hangar. The guard who is conscious is whimpering incoherently. Private Boothe starts working on stabilizing the wounded guards.

The voice of the pilot came across the radio:
"Giosso, can you transmit me the coding to access the hangar's exterior airlock in case we need to lift out of here in a hurry. I do pretty decent with coding and hacking myself."
Another message seemed to come through to the LT as she put her hand to her earpiece. "Copy that, Reed. It looks like the majority of the facility is north of here. That means the left door. We have to find the people these guys are protecting." She turned to Sergeant Forney. "Sergeant, take your squad and set up a sentry gun in the hallway to cover our tails. I want one man watching those two at all times." She motioned to the wounded guards. "Boothe, stay with those two. Doorback, you're in First Squad now. We're gonna need that big gun of yours. Hall, open the door when you're ready."

<Tag Everyone>

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Re: Turn 9 (1st Squad)

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Samantha pocketed the grenade and the knife, making sure the latter was positioned very securely in a way that it wouldn't slice her if she had to dive, roll, etc. Nodding to first McKenna and then to Doorback. With Mark and the Dropship crew working on hacking the doors open, she nodded to Aun and said; "Keep that smartgun ready to shred anything on the other side when they get the doors open, mon".

She moved over to Giosso and smiled at the comm-tech. "Next time, remember to stay down or behind cover when the lead is flying Mark; I need SOMEBODY who knows how to do something besides shoot in my squad alive and able. Now, see what you and the Dropship folks can do to get that door open please."

That done, she turned to Gruber and said; "Well, El-tee, with Boothe watching the prisoners do you mind watching that door-", she points to the door leading straight away from the hallway, "-while I watch this one-'; she points to the door on the right; "-just to make sure no'ting surprises us while we get the main door open?" she asks/suggests while moving into a crouching position to cover the right door with her Pulse Rifle.

<Tag 1st Squad and LT Gruber>

M41A Pulse Rifle

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 pm

"I'll try and remember that, Ma'am." He replied jokingly, touched by the care. Moving at a racing walk, which seemed far less jarring on his new bruises then jogging, Mark crossed back to the hanger's airlock and searched for the receiving panel. The nice thing about the civilian hangers, they were designed for convince rather than security. Which in this case meant that the receiver would be somewhere near the airlock to minimize extra wire and maximize reception. A minute passed before he finally recognized it. Dragging over a crate to stand on, he whipped back out his ever-useful multitool and unscrewed the protective case.

"Dropship, are you ready to receive?" he called over the Comm. Once he got the ok, he continued. "Code is: Alpha-Charlie-Niner-Zero-Zero-Romeo-Seven-Six-Eight-Eight-Bravo-Tango."
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Clint brought his gun up just below eye level keeping a steady watch of the center and right door. It looked like Lt Gruber had center, Doorback Seemed to have center and left, and Cpl Hall had right. He listened to the chatter going back and forth on the commnet thinking to himself I need to learn how to do some of that fancy computer stuff one day, then maybe I could use this PARGET system. I'll have to ask Giosso or the new pilot about it sometime when we get back out of this mess. "Giosso, how bout teachin me some of that fancy computer stuff sometime?" he questioned.

Clint looked to the rest of the squad and asked "So, we gonna do one potato, two potato, or eeny meeny miny mo or what to decide these doors?"

<Tag Squad>

Scouting, Awareness

Private Clint McKenna
1st Squad Sniper
Platoon Armorer

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 pm

The marines got into their positions, ready to open the left door. The wailing, robotic sound of warning claxons filled the hallway. A red, flashing light invaded the hallway from the door to the hangar behind them. A calm, female voice echoed above the claxons.

"Warning. Emergency override in effect. Hangar doors opening. Please exit the hangar immediately and seal all exits. Warning. Emergency override in effect. Hangar doors opening."

The group stood, stunned. Lieutenant Gruber put her hand on Hall's shoulder. "Seal that door!" She pointed to the door they had come from. Letting go of Sam's shoulder, she put her hand to her comms headset. "Sergeant Forney, evacuate the hangar by any means possible! Leave the prisoners! ... Sergeant Abdulov, get to safety! Sergeant Forney, I repeat, evacuate hangar by any means-" She shouted a continuous stream of orders into the headset.

As Corporal Hall approached the hangar door, she saw a chaotic scene before her. Red flashing light filled the hangar, and a series of screams echoed. Two marines stood about 15 meters from the door, facing the other way. Two marines were fleeing in the opposite direction. The unconscious prisoner was standing, ignoring the gory mess of a knee. He howled like the marines that had turned into monsters in the previous hangar. They saw him charge at the two nearest marines, and the whining fire of a pulse rifle sounded in response. One of the two turned and fled madly from its approach.
(Actions)

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Aun didn't know what was happening, he took aim at the...creature, but he couldn't get a clear line of sight.

He yelled in frustration "get the fuck out of the way!"

He wanted orders, he kinda wanted to get the fuck out of this place, but that was looking like a more remote possibility right now...

<I want to shoot if I can manage to get a clean shot>

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Samantha blinked at the rapid change in situation and then sprang into action. Moving to the door, she took up a position right near the switch, but where she could still aim at the open Hangar Bay. Yelling to the 2 nearest marines, she howled out; "GET YOUR ASSESS OVER HERE MON!" as she aimed at the prisoner for a long moment and then fired a single burst at the center of its chest. Without looking away from the scene in front of her, she said to Aun; "You gotta Smartgun right? FIRE! It won't hit marines*"....

<Take AIM for 5 actions, Fire burst with 6th action>
<As SOON as the marines get into the room...assuming they run this way...she'll hit the switch to close the door>
<Tag Doorback, Tag Marines in the hall>

*I'm operating under the assumption that Smartguns can be fired at marines who have some kind of electronic chip in their armor or implanted and the weapon will not fire at them, due to the 'smart' nature of the weapon. If this is incorrect; I'll drop that last statement from Samantha>

M41A Pulse Rifle

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:49 pm

"hope you're right" Aun muttered, he was a pulse Rifle kinda guy, and this weapon felt unwieldy and cumbersome to him.

Still, he squeezed the trigger, and didn't let go. He snarled as the gun vibrated and shuddered - cordite fumes filling his nostrils. No human could withstand this, could It?

<shoot the fuck out of them!>

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:45 am

As the marines get a grip on the situation, the possessed guard closes the distance with the marine firing his pulse rifle. The guard knocked the gun across the room and started slamming its arms into him, battering him down to the ground. Just then, Doorback unleashed hell from his smart-gun. The creature was only starting to turn, it was still more or less human shape and size. Its left arm was severed and it was blown backward by the harrowing machine-gun fire. Corporal Hall squeezed off a well-aimed burst, striking it directly in the chest. It fell on its back.

The first marine had reached them, and ran a ways down the hallway like a runner who made it past first base in the game of baseball. The second marine, apparently Sergeant Forney, was stumbling toward them. He found his feet and ran, making his way past the two smoking guns at the door.

"Help! Please!" came the shouts of the other, still living, guard.

"Corporal, shut that fucking door, now!" shouted Lieutenant Gruber from the other end of the hall. "That is an order!"
<Tag Hall>

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:31 pm

[quote="Corporal Hicks]

"Help! Please!" came the shouts of the other, still living, guard.

[/quote]

Aun could only really see one way to help. The door was going to be closing soon, and he couldn't in good conscience leave someone alive behind it, if there were more things behind it - or if the guard could...become one?

He aimed his Smartgun, he mouthed sorry - but didn't look away - and squeezed the trigger again, highlighting the guard with his crosshairs...

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:24 am

Clint snapped out of a daze after the klaxon began blaring its warning of impending danger. While the rest of the squad took focus of what was going on out in the bay, Clint tried to keep a good awareness of the three closed doors at their backs. He could hear the chatter over the comms and direct and hoped the other squads could make it to safety in time. He barely picked up the footsteps closing in at his rear and the labored breathing of the marine attempting to pass them all down the corridor. Clint reached out to grab the shoulder of the marine running away. "Hold your horses there marine, that's unknown territory down there." Clint advised picking up the wild look in the marine's eyes.

Private Clint McKenna
1st Squad Sniper
Platoon Armorer

Return to “Operation Watch Dog”