Turn 8: Hangar Assault

The sixth mission. The marines are faced with a new horror that affects the mind and body.
Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Turn 8: Hangar Assault

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:57 am

Watching one of the guys duck down towards cover, the second one started opening up on the squad. Clint pulled the stinger grenade and chucked it towards the pair. He watched as the one that had been shooting grabbed for the stinger grenade. Clint was reaching the sniper rifle up to plug the target but before he could do so the grenade went off, the force of the blast ripping the man's hand apart. The guy across the hall started kicking and screaming as the stinger grenade pelted him. He lined up the rifle on the guy who had been shooting at the squad and fired a round into one of the guys legs that was cast at an angle out into the hallway.

Then he picked up muzzle flashes from the original shooter somewhere down the hallway as his hearing started to recover. He ducked back using his cover as well as he could. He heard several small caliber shots pop off from a little behind him and then the lieutenant calling for a medic. Clint turned to see Boothe dragging Giosso to cover. He cursed himself for letting a squad mate take a round that was probably aimed at him. Anger welling up inside him he heard the Lt holler something else, but he'd dropped to a prone position at the left side of the door with his right shoulder, eye and rifle exposed. He popped off two rounds at the man who'd been kicking and screaming. The guy didn't look to be moving anymore. The glow of the thermal image in the scope showed some warm liquid pooling.

He then heard the smartgun start laying fire down over the top of his head and slightly to the right. Clint didn't dare move for fear the gun might track him. He could feel air current starting to move and the smoke start to lessen up. As the smartgunner pulled back to cover Clint lined up his sights on the guy he'd shot earlier. Didn't look liked he'd moved at all. Maybe he took one of those stingers in the eyeball or something. He sighted up on the man's still knee cap and placed a round into the knee, watching bone, cartilage, and who knows what else splatter up into the alcove. "If that doesn't get him stirring, nothing else is likely to he muttered to himself."

Clint could hear the dropship engines revved up and used his left arm to pull himself back behind cover looking as the chaingun on the front of the Cheyenne began it's pre-fire spinning. He froze there with his back against the wall for what felt like forever. Then he rolled away from the hatch towards Boothe and Giosso. He'd seen these guns eat up targets on the range when he'd been stationed as a base armorer before coming to the Eights and he didn't plan on being in the path of this gun. "Everybody down!" he called as loudly as he could in the swirling smoke that was becoming the hangar.

<Tag 1st and 3rd Squads>

Private Clint McKenna
1st Squad Sniper
Platoon Armorer

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:07 am

The air of the dropship's engines blew the smoke away just in time for the large Doorback to unload his hefty smart-gun. As he stepped aside, there was silence down the hallway. Then faintly came a cry of "Mercy! Mercy!"

Lieutenant Gruber made a grim smile and spoke into her intercom. "Negative, Jones. No assistance required."
<Tag Jones>

After checking to make sure that Giosso was okay, she stepped around Private McKenna. She called downrange, "We're coming in to get you. If anyone is holding a gun you're gonna wish you were dead." She waited for a response, but there seemed to be nothing but pained moaning. She stepped out of cover and stood there in the entrance of the hallway. It made her hair stand up, but how would they trust her if she wasn't willing to risk her own neck. "McKenna, go in and check it out. We'll cover you. Kill anyone who's armed." She stepped behind cover and motioned for Hall and Doorback to cover him.
<Tag McKenna/Hall/Doorback>

She stepped over to Giosso and put out her hand. She pulled him up to his feet and looked him over. "Glad you're still with us, marine. Don't know what I'd do without ya," She winked and patted his cheek.
<Tag Giosso>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Things had spiraled out of control faster than Samantha could register....somehow, after pulling McKenna out of the way, he had moved BACK to the edge of the doorway and was engaging targets WITH the LT's order to do so DESPITE the fact that she had just told both that she was going to go first. THEN somehow Giosso got hit. She was relieved that Mark was fine; his armor had absorbed the hits; and that a Smartgunner had moved up to suppress the enemy, but enough was enough.

"McKENNA, STAND FAST! GODDAMN IT LIEUTENANT, THESE ARE MY MEN; I'LL BE THE ONE TO TELL THEM WHEN TO ENGAGE, YOU ORDER ME, I ORDER THEM!"; she snapped, angry as hell and not caring if she got in trouble for it later.

Taking a deep breath, Hall spoke in a much more reasonable volume and tone; "McKenna, nice work...you and Aun, is it?-"; she half inquired of the Smartgunner; "-cover me and I'll go forward. Boothe, make sure Mark's breathing and tell him to keep his head down next time."

With that, Samantha leveled her Pulse Rifle and moved quickly to the where the two men who had been hit by the Stinger grenade were located, yelling out "COLONIAL MARINES! THROWN DOWN YOUR ARMS MON OR BY GOD WE WILL SHRED YOU TO PIECES!"

<Samantha will move forward and if she sees anybody pointing a weapon in her or her fellow marines' direction, she will put a burst on them>
<Tag all nearby Marines>
<Tag nearby enemies>

OOC: I don't know if anyone saw my last post or just ignored it; but normally squad leaders aren't summarily overruled by a Platoon Commander or ignored by squad mates. I wanted Hall to the be one engaging the enemy at the corner and I don't know how Giosso was hit at all as to my knowledge he was never near the corner; but I supposed he could have been hit by ricochets or just not paying attention. Sorry if my posting rate isn't fast enough to keep up with the main story>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:31 pm

The rage and tunnel vision started to clear up from the shooting spree earlier. As Clint swapped out the partial magazine for a full, he heard the lieutenant ordering the pilot not to shoot. He made the rifle ready and got to his feet. The Lt and Corporal Hall had a few heated words between the two and he didn't figure he needed to get himself in the middle of it if he could help it. He heard Hall call for him and Doorback to head with her down the hall and swapped over to his shotgun as it was shorter and easier to sight in closer range fights. He flicked the safety off and took up a position to Sam's left flank with the shotgun in a low ready. "Don't know how much these two are gonna resist corporal, think I may have plugged 'em," Clint proffered to the Cpl.

This unit is full of firebrand ladies it seems, he thought to himself. He looked over to Doorback and asked "nothing as good as a fiery lady huh?" with a little smile raising on his face. He turned back to the task at hand as they approached the first two men who seemed to have taken quite a battering.

<Tag Sam, Doorback, Gruber>

Private Clint McKenna
1st Squad Sniper
Platoon Armorer

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Colson kept a steady stream of quiet muttering while he worked the motion tracker as they made their way down the corridor to an intersection. Morse mentioned something about a trap, which is when the readings pinged clear on his tracker again.

"Hold up Tex, I'm showing two contacts down the right, tags id as civvies. Not that I'm inclined to believe that right now." He reported to his and the sarge's squads. "If you want to light them up I'll cover these doors, make sure nothing bites you in the ass." He offered to Morse. With only his pistol drawn it was more of a token gesture, but even so he kept his head on a swivel.

<Tag Morse
<Roll awareness
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Mark was standing, then he wasn't. Working under adrenaline, his brain had registered the change in orientation before the discovery was quickly augmented by pain from his chest. He felt short of breath, and quickly tried to fill his lungs again, only to discover a wide and gestalt pain across his chest. It dawned on him he must have been shot, which meant he could be shot again. With no desire to have that happen, he rolled over onto his front where, upon seeing the safe looking cover of the metal wall, he threw himself over again to be against its protection.

Taking another deep breath, he started a quick self-assessment. Breathing was fine, no sharp pains, loss of breath, but it was returning without coughing. All consistent with hits stopped by armor. A quick check also confirmed a lack of blood pouring down his shirt.

"I think I'm going to stick to keyboards." He stated between breaths.
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Ana
Private

Post by Ana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:37 am

Pvt. Dale Reed
The skinny Co-Pilot came through cockpit door, and slammed down in his seat, snapping his headset back on. He heard his black haired pilot speaking to the ordinance command, and started to analyze the situation in front of him. Her order was simple enough.

”Roger that, sky cap.” Reed answered, still looking over the data. ”Haven’t seen anything since we tore open their command deck.” He continued. ”I’ll widen the range, see if the rust suckers have something stashed.”

Reed looked forward and his eyebrows leaped. ”Rough ground. What’s going down?” He asked his dark haired pilot. ”What’s our play?” He really was curious if they were about to get back to shooting, at which point he’d want to put his helmet back on.
< Tag Joanna

"The Lt just had us stand down from a possible gatling gun usage. We're going to stay on line for a possible play Dale." Joanna responded to the co-pilot and weapons officer. "ATLIS, keep that gun set up for now and help Dale attempt to connect to the facility's computer network so we can see what they have going on here...oh and ATLIS, please display our remaining missile and ammunition load out," Joanna requested from the tactical computer. "Dale let me know if you guys get access to the system and we'll see what we can dig up for the squads."

<Tag Dale Reed, GM for remaining weapons status>

(OOC: Typical load out would consist of 900 rounds for the 25mm gatling gun, 32 - 150mm unguided rockets, 12 - 70mm unguided rockets, 8 - 120mm guided rockets, 7 air-to-ground missiles, 3 threat suppression missiles, 3 short range air-to-air missiles.)

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:52 am

When Colson noted that there were two contacts down the hall with Civilian tags, Morse felt all the more justified in assuming it was a trap. Two random civilians holding in an otherwise empty hall, right as first and third squad began taking fire on the opposite side of the facility? It would not be the first time Morse had explosives used against him by Colonists looking to pull a fast one.

He looked over at Colson. ”No shit?” He asked sarcastically. ”Well I say we give em a kind request to surrender.” Morse’s tone was chipper and glaring with his true intention. ”Ask em once, n’ crush anyone or anythin’ what’s not bein’ reasonable.”

Morse was more then willing to clear the hallway, but he’d wait for either Dirk or the sergeant to make the play, just so he would not get yelled at for making another impulsive, yet correct call.

< Tag 2nd Squad.
< Roll Awarenes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reed continued to tap and navigate through his console, attempting to get access to the facilities mainframe, as well as get a scan on the facility itself. It was a hurried job, but it was one that he felt confident in his ability to handle. The only thing he didn’t have confidence in was the structural integrity of the windshield to stand up against anything bigger then caseless rounds.

”Oh boy, a possible play.” Reed echoed. ”Hurry up, wait, then hope for the best.” He commented on their current status. ”The recruiters aughta put that on the posters.” He griped as usual.

He continued to run scans over the facility, but he was not sure that he would turn up anything. ”I’ll let you know if I find something, but honestly I’m more worried about a homemade something-something that they may have lying around. You know, things we won’t pick up. What do you think?” Reed spoke from a fearful experience when his bird was nearly downed by a weapon that was basically plastic piping and sublight drive reactor fluid.

< Tag Joanna
(Anything you need me to put in a post on picking up, you can send PM me)
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:46 am

Whisky wrote:Colson kept a steady stream of quiet muttering while he worked the motion tracker as they made their way down the corridor to an intersection. Morse mentioned something about a trap, which is when the readings pinged clear on his tracker again.

"Hold up Tex, I'm showing two contacts down the right, tags id as civvies. Not that I'm inclined to believe that right now." He reported to his and the sarge's squads. "If you want to light them up I'll cover these doors, make sure nothing bites you in the ass." He offered to Morse. With only his pistol drawn it was more of a token gesture, but even so he kept his head on a swivel.
Morse wrote:He looked over at Colson. ”No shit?” He asked sarcastically. ”Well I say we give em a kind request to surrender.” Morse’s tone was chipper and glaring with his true intention. ”Ask em once, n’ crush anyone or anythin’ what’s not bein’ reasonable.”

Morse was more then willing to clear the hallway, but he’d wait for either Dirk or the sergeant to make the play, just so he would not get yelled at for making another impulsive, yet correct call.
At the back of the squad Terence kept his eyes peeled for any sign of movement or possible enemy contacts. He still had the sour taste in his mouth from puking earlier and he wished he had some gum or something similar he could chew to cover it up.

He waited for the Sarge or Corporal Dirk to make the decision on what the squad would do next.

<Tag Second Squad>

Return to “Operation Watch Dog”