Turn 3

The sixth mission. The marines are faced with a new horror that affects the mind and body.
pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Turn 3

Post by pants » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:13 am

Morse wrote:”Coleslaw rear. Doorfucker, left.” Morse ordered to the others in the group. He gave Coleson the rear only because he’d been there longer and would have a better idea if something was wrong. ”Anythin’ jumps, you shred it. No questionin’.” Morse ordered loosely, but he’d rather deal with the inquiry about a dead civilian then go back into the infirmary.

< Tag Second Squad.
Shifting his attention left Terrence made sure that he covered his assigned sector.

"Private Doorfucker is on it!" he replies to Morse as he continues onwards with the rest of the squad.

<Tag Everybody>

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:13 am

The Marines moved quietly and stealthily down the corridors. So far no signs of action or injuries was evident.

When Sam's squad came to the next intersection they noticed some strange symbols marking the corridors:

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 pm

When Roberts saw the strange symbols and the blood, he muttered to himself, "Ah, shit..." Then he spoke into the comms. "Can anybody read Russian?"
<Tag Anyone>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:40 am

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks wrote:When Roberts saw the strange symbols and the blood, he muttered to himself, "Ah, shit..." Then he spoke into the comms. "Can anybody read Russian?"
<Tag Anyone>
Hearing the question over comms, Terence kept a close eye on his sector while replying.

"Negative Lance Corporal. I can drink vodka though, if that helps in some way?"

<Tag Hicks>

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Sam joked back to Dirk over the comms; "If you save my Squad Sarge, you can call me whatever you want....but don't be surprised if my foot slips and I accidentally kick you in the oompa-luumpahs"....

Turning to more serious matters, as the squad enters the room and they see the writing on the wall, she lets out a quiet, "Oh shit...."; and then clears her throat and centers her camera on the writing. She clicks over to the platoon wide channel and speaks up; "Lieutenant, this is Hall. Are you getting my camera feed? Any idea what this means? Orders from here?"

As she waits for a reply, she motions to her squad; "Keep your eyes on the entrance, the ceiling, anywhere anything might burst, scuttle or crawl into this room from....Stay frosty people".

<Tag Dirk>
<Tag Platoon>
<Tag Squad>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:22 pm

"I've got a translator on the intelligence unit." Mark replied. "Just give me a second…"

Holstering the pistol and motion tracker, Mark pulled out the small terminal that connected to the much larger digital intelligence unit in his backpack. It took him a moment of cycling through menus before he remembered where the translator program was stored, then another moment to set it to the Cyrillic alphabet.

"Alright, got it." Mark announced at the computer worked it's magic. "It says…"
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:44 pm

"Third Squad please advance to the location of the markings on the wall." The Lieutenants voice could be heard coming over the channel.
GM

Image Image Image

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 pm

"Plague." Mark finished saying a moment later. "Some one printed Plague on the wall in black... paint? That doesn't bode well. Perhaps we should head back for gloves and biohazard masks?"
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:09 am

Leon looked at the wall, looked at the Lance Corporal and then back at the wall.

"You've got the be fucking shitting me right?" he said "That's how I'm going to die? Fucking space disease? This is bullshit. do we have masks or something?"

<tag Medics>

Even as he said it he was already lifting the scarf around his neck to a makeshift face covering. Better than nothing right?
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:43 am

The call over the com was not one that Morse was expecting. He assumed that the colony would have had things listed in English, or potentially Japanese. He did not assume that Russian would be high on the list of languages to be discovered, especially at what he assumed was a company mining project. Then again, poorer nations tended to supply workers all over the place, and Russia would not have been much of an exception.

The squad mate response though was one that Morse could not have agreed with more. ”Drink’nuff you basically speak the shit.” Morse commented. ”Drink more’n you’ll write yer “R”s backwards’n everythin’.” He continued. ”My cousins been Russian fer fifteen years, he’d tell ya.”

< Tag 2nd Squad

Morse did not think it applied to him, since he drank whiskey almost exclusively, not opting for Vodka unless he had no other alternative.

When the message was translated Morse rolled his eyes, utterly unconcerned with it. ”It’s prolly talkin’ about the colonist trash what was infestin’ this place.” He commented on the idea of the “plague.” Though never considered a politically correct individual, he remained ever blunt in his assessment of all situations, and dared the fates to say otherwise.

< Tag All
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 pm

When he heard plague he initially wasn't all that concerned, Marine generally were vaccinated against all known pathogens, it wouldn't make sense to send your people in to a place where they could get laid low by something
When the message was translated Morse rolled his eyes, utterly unconcerned with it. ”It’s prolly talkin’ about the colonist trash what was infestin’ this place.” He commented on the idea of the “plague.” Though never considered a politically correct individual, he remained ever blunt in his assessment of all situations, and dared the fates to say otherwise.
"With your luck it's going to be crotch rot." He replied to Morse, although as he said it a thought occurred to him. And not a comforting one at that. "Hey, I think we should check medical before we go much further." The unpleasant thought bubbling in the back of his head.

<Tag Morse
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:24 am

The moment the word 'plague' came over the radio, Sal had the breather mask pulled over his mouth and was starting the cycling. Airborne plague in a space station. That's just shiny.

"Damn, half right in the worst way." Sal muttered toward Sam.

When Leon asked for masks over the comms, Sal chimed in.

"I did advise everyone grab one before they walked off the boat." He checked the small box attached to the recycler. "Mine is functional."

<Tag Leon, Check Breather mask>

He crouched low and searched his medical pack for an air quality test. Usually they came in the flavor of a sealed 'glowstick' that would turn green when breathable air was present. Useful in space to tell if you were walking into a stagnant room.

Hopefully there was something in there that would help check the air.

"Can someone access the station updates? Maybe there's something in the alert feed?" <Tag Electronics users>
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:32 am

Morse wrote:The call over the com was not one that Morse was expecting. He assumed that the colony would have had things listed in English, or potentially Japanese. He did not assume that Russian would be high on the list of languages to be discovered, especially at what he assumed was a company mining project. Then again, poorer nations tended to supply workers all over the place, and Russia would not have been much of an exception.

The squad mate response though was one that Morse could not have agreed with more. ”Drink’nuff you basically speak the shit.” Morse commented. ”Drink more’n you’ll write yer “R”s backwards’n everythin’.” He continued. ”My cousins been Russian fer fifteen years, he’d tell ya.”

< Tag 2nd Squad
"Your cousin sounds like the kind of man we need in this outfit sir!" said Terence in reply, his eyes tracking for any sign of movement or anything out of the ordinary as the squad moved forward.

<Tag Morse>

"I don't want to be 'that guy' but do you think it's a sexually transmitted plague? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't pack enough condoms if we have to screw our way out of this mess," asks Terence over the comm.

<Tag Everyone>

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 pm

"I don't want to be 'that guy' but do you think it's a sexually transmitted plague? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't pack enough condoms if we have to screw our way out of this mess," asks Terence over the comm.
"hoping to find some comely miners daughter to finally punch your ticket before we all die? Or are you just hoping whatever unidentified we meet has 4 blue tits growing out of its back and a toothed undercarriage?" Leon quipped back over the radio, "either way I'd personally rather fuck a flame unit."

<tag pants>
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:08 am

StConstantine wrote:"hoping to find some comely miners daughter to finally punch your ticket before we all die? Or are you just hoping whatever unidentified we meet has 4 blue tits growing out of its back and a toothed undercarriage?" Leon quipped back over the radio, "either way I'd personally rather fuck a flame unit."

<tag pants>
Grinning at Leon's comment, Terence couldn't not respond in kind.

"I'm not going to lie, I do have my eye on one of the smartguns, it's the kind of weapon I can really see myself settling down with and starting a family! I can see you like it hot! You guys got any movement in your sector? It's quieter than my uncle Toms house here, and uncle Tom was a deaf mute." replied Terence.

<Tag StConstantine>

Return to “Operation Watch Dog”