Turn 3: Where Eagles Fly

The fifth mission.
maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Re: Turn 3: Where Eagles Fly

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Sam waited and listened attentively as Dirk answered hers and the others' questions and after everyone else had wandered off, she spoke up; "You wanted to see me Top?"

<Tag Dirk>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 pm

"Ya. I saw that you were talking to our new private, Dimitri be free I came in and it seed that you didn't want me to talk too much to him. What's the story? Anything I need to know?" Dirk asked
<Tag Sam>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:54 am

(Ooc.. I hate autocorrect! I'll redo the last post asap)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Quinn had spent the intervening time sorting through the myriad of paperwork which had somehow grown in his absence. He knew that Dirk did everything he could to keep it down, but some of it he couldn't handle simply due to his rank within the Eights. And looking at the paperwork, Quinn wasn't convinced that he should do it either. He might not be the Commander of the Eights at this point in time.

Instead he removed his uniform jacket and hat, set them off to one side and dug in. Shit had to get done and he was in a position to get it done. And so with the tenacity that went with being a Marine, Sixtus attacked the mounds of paper with single-minded determination. He had managed to slip into the office near the squad bay where the Eights were unnoticed, but no one could miss seeing the light on inside.

For anyone walking inside, Quinn was in the middle of a requisition form for weapon replacement. Some of the M41As had been with the platoon long enough to start growling at kids to get off their lawns.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 am

Roberts saw the light on in the office. He walked in and saw Quinn working hard on paperwork. "Lieutenant," he said, snapping a salute. He realized his mistake as the word left his mouth. "I mean, Sir. Might I speak to you a moment?"

<Tag Quinn>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 am

"Come in Roberts." Quinn said, setting down the Manila folder in his hands as he did. "Is this official or unofficial?"
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 am

(OOC Sorry for the lack of reply GM & All. Lost internet due to moving house. Only just got it back online).
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Quinn wrote:"Come in Roberts." Quinn said, setting down the Manila folder in his hands as he did. "Is this official or unofficial?"
"Unofficial, Sir," he said as he entered the room. He wasn't sure where to begin, or even what he wanted to say. "Sir, I... Do you remember why I left the Corps in the first place? I don't expect you to remember, that was years ago..." Roberts trailed off as he tried to put his thoughts into words.

<Tag Quinn>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Quinn looked at Roberts thoughtfully, then finally said "Close the door Lance Corporal."

When Roberts did so, Sixtus removed the rank pins from his uniform and set them aside on his desk. He knew Roberts couldn't do the same with his stripes, so he didn't ask him to do so. But the move signified that Warrant Officer Quinn was no longer in the room, but merely another Marine. He motioned to the chairs in front of his desk, indicating to Roberts that he should sit down.

"I honestly do not recall the reason you left the Corps. Between that time and now, I went from a lowly Private First Class to Second Lieutenant. The Platoon had more than a few missions that it completed and several that it failed. A lot has happened since then. I could pull up your file, but something tells me that it won't tell me the whole story." Quinn's voice was a lot more even and natural, more in the nature of a conversation than anything else. "So why don't you give me the nutshell?"

<tag Roberts>
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:41 am

Quinn wrote:"I honestly do not recall the reason you left the Corps. Between that time and now, I went from a lowly Private First Class to Second Lieutenant. The Platoon had more than a few missions that it completed and several that it failed. A lot has happened since then. I could pull up your file, but something tells me that it won't tell me the whole story." Quinn's voice was a lot more even and natural, more in the nature of a conversation than anything else. "So why don't you give me the nutshell?"

<tag Roberts>
Roberts sat down. "That's alright, Sir. I don't think I told anyone why I left. They just yanked me out right after the mission and slapped combat stress reaction on my file. Well, what happened is my whole squad got killed that mission." Roberts' eyes looked down and he couldn't make eye contact, but he continued. "I was already dealing with loss at the time and I guess I had some kind of breakdown. Blamed myself. It's all a big haze to me. I barely remember the mission, but I know you were there..." Roberts trailed off, then refocused. "It's just this last mission, the one on Ekylprillion. Duncan and Creed..." His mouth felt dry. "I thought you must know how I feel... being an officer."

<Tag Quinn>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Sixtus nodded at Roberts and thought carefully about his reply. A wrong move here could push Roberts down the path of PTSD, which Quinn himself was no stranger to. He leaned forward on his desk, resting on his elbows and laced his hands together, leaning his head against them and closing his eyes. For a moment, he looked as though he was praying although it was anything but. He remembered the commanding officers above him which had died gruesome deaths, as well as the several sergeants.

"There's no easy answer to this." Quinn said after several minutes of quiet. "People in this unit have died and nasty deaths besides. People you care about, as well as people you really dislike. But you still remember them all."

The man leaned back in his chair and laced his hands across his belly, looking right at Robert's eyes. "How you deal with it is your own decision. But don't make the mistake I did in assuming that you're alone. You'll be tempted to pull away to make the pain lessen, but it doesn't work. Reach out, talk with others. There's no shame in doing so."

Sixtus took a deep breath and banished the memories from his thoughts once more. "Is there anything else?"
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Quinn wrote:Sixtus took a deep breath and banished the memories from his thoughts once more. "Is there anything else?"
Roberts' mind rushed, logging away what Quinn had said. Then he spoke coolly, "I don't know why I came back after all these years. My parents told me not to. My therapists... Everyone told me to stay on Earth. I managed to stay for years but I had to come back. I don't understand it. I should be able to be happy. But I wasn't happy there. I'm not happy here either, but at least I feel like this is where I belong." Roberts let out a long, deep breath and stood up. "That's all, Sir. Thank you." Eric saluted sharply. "I couldn't be more confident in your leadership, Sir. The brass don't know a damn thing."

<Tag Quinn>

Return to “Operation Eagle Strike”