Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

The fourth mission
Corporal Hicks
Major

Re: Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Roberts felt nervous tension and guilt. It seemed to be his call that had alerted the enemy to their presence. 'A hell of a scout I make,' he thought to himself. But he had to push those feelings aside.
Dirk Pitt wrote:As Dirk attempted to cut through the barricade he noticed that things were not going well. The welder, or more than likely Dirk, was not working correctly. Shutting off the welder Dirk turned to Roberts.
"Anyone in your squad know how to use this thing better than I do?" He said covering the mic so it was just between the scouts and Dirk.
<Tag Roberts>
"I got it, Sir," he said to Dirk. He pulled out his own welder and went to take over at the barricade. "Duncan, cover the rear. I don't want them sneaking up on us. Creed, cover me." He walked up to the barricade, and set his welder to "cut" and started burning through. His training came back to him as he worked. It felt better to focus his nervous energy on a task instead of just waiting for something to pop out at him.

(Roll Portable Welder Skill. Novice)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri May 23, 2014 1:12 am

eyeball continued to watch the motion tracker, but as both his squad leader and squad mates had told him these thing might not show up he scanned the area with his mark one eyeball as well, better safe than sorry.

<roll motion tracker>
<roll awareness>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 am

The welder wasn't working how Eric hoped. He double checked it and saw the trigger had caught between 'cut' and 'weld.' "God damn it," he muttered. He clicked it back and forth and made sure it was in place. Then he started again.
(Roll Portable Welder Skill)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Wed May 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Colson suppressed a jolt at the sound of the motion tracker picking up a target. He never did like them, often preferring to rely on his own senses. It was surprising what you could hear or even feel depending on the environment.

Keeping his breathing steady Colson applied an old trick he had learnt. Dismissing what he could hear on top of everything; the motion tracker and his squad mates, he listened to what lay underneath the surface noise.

<Roll awareness>
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Return to “Operation Alpha Strike”