Turn 4: Turning Marines into Rats

The fourth mission
Morse
Captain

Re: Turn 4: Turning Marines into Rats

Post by Morse » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:32 am

”Fuck.” Morse spat with a bit of hesitation. That was a rather extreme procedure. He was aware that many colonies did not have the luxury of anything but bare necessities if even that. Many of them were handed the basics to run, and they ran with it. And it was known that large corporations like Weyland-Yutani were more prone to paying off enforcement officers then actually adhering to them.

Morse had a very low view on colonists, but that was drawn from good old fashion Earthen Elitism. A very large number of colonies however were composed of people with nothing to lose but the blood of themselves and their families. Mines were misery in many places. And though Pluto was close to Earth, it was still a miserable place to live.

Faster then light technology and cryogenics came faster then terraforming technology. So it was easier and cheaper to try to build a colony on a reasonable planet farther away then it was try to take a lifeless rock with next to no atmosphere like Pluto and turn it into a proper living space. It’s placement in the Sol system was likely the only reason it had any mines on it in the first place.

”Well shit, if it works.” Morse shrugged. ”I done a pregnancy test my first op out with a K52 blood analyzer’n it wasn’t on purpose.” Morse noted, knowing that the K52 Med kit analyzer’s were not intended to find such things, and even in most cases rule them out, but he did it on accident anyway.

He grabbed another crate of plain LAPET round and started to bring it off the ship. ”Course you do that shit with my ass, ‘ll prolly cut yer fuckin’ hand off.” Morse argued a very aggressive punishment. ”Or ‘least order Eyeball tuh do it. And hims’s crazy enough to do it.” Morse said regarding the last of the marines presently under his command.

< Tag Deadshots
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Or ‘least order Eyeball tuh do it. And hims’s crazy enough to do it.”
huh?Eyeball said as he had only heard that last part of the statement and had no idea why he was being labelled crazy,

"the only crazy thing I've done Is drink your coffee aid Morse and we all know that if you aren't crazy before you drink it you will be if you keep going" actually the addition of Morses extra's was the only thing that made the coffee like substance to corp provided drinkable.

eyeball past Morse and the fng and grabbed another load of gear, good to not be the newest in he thought, but saying that he realized that the instant combat situation that had been his arrival had caused all the usual bullshit to evaporate, no hassle, no hazing.

Just then Colson dropped back into view with a big smile and a back pack full of something.

<tag Morse, sol, Colson.>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Samantha found the Corporate rep; who was still more than a little jumpy and looking like she wasn't sleeping very well. All very understandable to Hall. "Come this way ma'am; the El Tee and Top want to talk to you"; she said politely and led the woman to the commanders of the Platoon.

With a simple nod to Dirk and Quinn; Sam lef the Corporate rep to them and continued her way around the fort. Seeing Morse and his boys moving some crates of ammo and grenades; she went over and lent a hand; doing a double-take at the hairless new guy. Shaking it off; she smiled and stuck out her hand; "Hello there. I'm Samantha Hall; call me Sam. I see you've met the crazy squad; my squad is the sane ones" she introduced herself with a teasing tone.

<Tag Sal, Morse and Co.>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 am

Sal actually found himself smiling at Morse's reaction. The man didn't mince words, and the idea of a pregnancy test with the field kit wasn't too far off. He had to wonder though, who got knocked up during a mission?

It was filed away under irrelevant as Morse made it plain the consequences for such actions on his own person. Sal simply shrugged and noted the one he called 'Eyeball'. How'd he get THAT name?

When he saw two women walk into the area, one had a very Wey-Yu look to her. More than that she looked scared shitless. If he'd had eyebrows one would have peaked.

The other woman was in marine fatigues and had a weathered look to her. She introduced herself as Sam Hall. He took her hand and gave it a friendly shake.

"Salazar Boothe." He introduced himself. "I'm going to take a leap and guess that 'sane' is a relative term in this outfit?" He looked between Sam and Morse.

<Tag, Sam and Morse>
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:37 am

Walking back out of the Snakefighter Colson was adjusting his mask as Sam introduced herself to the new Marine
"Salazar Boothe." He introduced himself. "I'm going to take a leap and guess that 'sane' is a relative term in this outfit?" He looked between Sam and Morse.
"Relative is about it, just be careful, Morse has a habit of rubbing off on you if you spend to much time with him. Morning Sam." He finished by way of a greeting to Sam. "Let me get this stowed and I'll be back to finish the rest." he directed at Morse.

<Tag Sam, Morse, Sal.

He walked off before waiting on a reply, he didn't think Sam would call him out on what he was carying out of the Snakefighter; either way he had found some tea and hopefully she'd be grateful enough for it that she wouldn't question where it came from, she hated the coffee as much as he did if not more so.
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 am

Quinn was now laying down in the APC's driver's section, checking the welds and the electronic linkups from the controls to the hydraulics in the drive train. He was getting an error message in the startup sequence somewhere and the vehicle wasn't firing up. Then again, it wasn't exactly easy doing a vehicle repair with a breath mask on. Such was the life in the Corps.

From the outside, it appeared that someone was underneath the front of the APC with only the legs and the occasional probing hand sticking out, seeking a needed tool and disappearing back within the mechanical depths.

"God damned mother fu..." the man muttered, sounding much like mechanics had for centuries in dealing with problems regarding machinery and the resulting intransigence. Finally spotting the issue, a small weld that had popped in a hard to see location, Sixtus's eyes narrowed. "Get back here you little..."

Quinn's hand fumbled about on the ground for a spot welder that was just out of his reach.

<tag anyone nearby for hilarity>
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:49 am

It was surprising to Morse that more of the marines there were not coming to the Snakefighter. Three months without a change in an environment like the one they were in did not generally yield well for the mind. The ship landing was something immediately resembling good news for Morse and he practically came running.

And as that thought entered, so did Sam, immediately causing it to fade. It did not take her long to mock Morse and his squad, but Morse didn’t care. It was made as more of a general statement, and did not get specific enough for him to immediately bite back. He threw enough at Sam for being a colonist as it was, so he did not care if he was denoted as one of the crazies.

Hearing Colson say something about rubbing off on people, Morse immediately jumped on his opportunity. ”Ya, Coleslaw’s got habits a rubbin’ off on others fer the same reason, just in a different kinda way.” Morse had an arrogant grin on his face. ”Course that’s just matter ‘tween him’n Dunc.” Morse concluded, referencing the platoon sharpshooter who he would butt heads with frequently.

< Tag Colson

While Colson had done nothing to have Morse firing at him, Morse saw everyone as open season for such things. And while Colson had been there longer then Eyeball and Sal, he was still considerably new in his own right. So Morse did not hesitate to continue hazing procedures.

Looking not too far away Morse could see Quinn working on the APC again. Morse thought that they should have gotten a robot to work on it, but he was equally happy that they did not have a robot there with him. Still it seemed like he was having trouble, and the box situation was well under control.

”Sam, it’s lookin’ like Quinn’s figurin’ to fuck up the car troubles worse.” Morse commented looking over at Quinn by the APC, knowing he was not having a whole lot of luck in fixing the very large piece of machinery. Not that it was his fault, it was something that was generally worked on by a whole crew even without their environmental struggles. ”Why don’ya take new fuck here’n see what’s fer helpin’. The crazies’ll handle this shit.” He asked pointing at Sal, while referencing the joke she made earlier.

< Tag Sam and Sal
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 am

Sam had walked in with the civilian wy rep and left quickly, leaving a very frightened woman standing in the center of the small office. The last time he had seen the woman he had just lead a group of Marines and covered her until she made it into the fort. Finishing his coffee he stood up and walked over to her, stopping momentarily beside Oksana and leaning down to her.

"Here's where the fun begins." He said in a low voice
<Tag Oksana>

Thank you for coming to see me on such short notice Ma'am. I don't believe we've been properly introduced. My name is Sargent Dirk Pitt and this is Dr. Oksana Arkadyevna." He said with a curt nod. "Now that the pleasantries are done we need to get down to business. For the past several years my Marines and I have fought Xenomorphs in almost every kind of combat. Now however, the fight has changed. There are several different types of Xenos, thanks to you I believe. This dose give me a tactical advantage that I haven't had before. I have you and you know more about these things then how to shoot them. If we are going to get to your former post I need an advantage. We have CN-20, but we have never used it against them. Will it, or anything else work against them?"
<Tag the WY civilian>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:Sam had walked in with the civilian wy rep and left quickly, leaving a very frightened woman standing in the center of the small office. The last time he had seen the woman he had just lead a group of Marines and covered her until she made it into the fort. Finishing his coffee he stood up and walked over to her, stopping momentarily beside Oksana and leaning down to her.

"Here's where the fun begins." He said in a low voice
<Tag Oksana>

Thank you for coming to see me on such short notice Ma'am. I don't believe we've been properly introduced. My name is Sargent Dirk Pitt and this is Dr. Oksana Arkadyevna." He said with a curt nod. "Now that the pleasantries are done we need to get down to business. For the past several years my Marines and I have fought Xenomorphs in almost every kind of combat. Now however, the fight has changed. There are several different types of Xenos, thanks to you I believe. This dose give me a tactical advantage that I haven't had before. I have you and you know more about these things then how to shoot them. If we are going to get to your former post I need an advantage. We have CN-20, but we have never used it against them. Will it, or anything else work against them?"
<Tag the WY civilian>
She sighed heavily her eyes rapidly fluttering between the two seated across from her. Looking down at her hands she began to speak, "I am afraid that CN-20 has absolutely no effect on the Xenomorphs. When they breached the perimeter I hit the button that released the gas into the holding compound. The only time it affects them is when it kills the host before the larval stage has developed enough to survive the 'Birthing' process!" Looking back up to Dirk she cleared her throat, "I am afraid that there is no known chemical that will effect the Xenomorphs. They are a rather hardy race that exist solely to kill and dominate a landscape. We were foolish to believe that we could find a way of controlling them. However, through our studies we have determined that they communicate mentally with the Queen of the Hive. She can direct them from any location on the planet."
GM

Image Image Image

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Sal cocked his head at the sounds of someone swearing under an APC. Morse suggested that he go with Sam to see what could be done to help. Apparently whoever was under it was liable to do more damage than good.

"I fix people, not cars," Sal muttered, "But what the hell, cross training right?" He shrugged and let his gaunt face pull a smile. He took the lead toward the APC and knelt by the hand that was reaching for something. Sal put the nearest tool, a wrench, into the hand.

"That what you looking for, Quinn?" He used the name Morse had used.

<Tag Quinn>
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:40 am

((OOC: Apologies to everyone for the delay. My spam filter ate the notification for Dirk's post, but managed to let the one for Pale's through. My response is below the quote.))
Pale Rider wrote:
She sighed heavily her eyes rapidly fluttering between the two seated across from her. Looking down at her hands she began to speak, "I am afraid that CN-20 has absolutely no effect on the Xenomorphs. When they breached the perimeter I hit the button that released the gas into the holding compound. The only time it affects them is when it kills the host before the larval stage has developed enough to survive the 'Birthing' process!" Looking back up to Dirk she cleared her throat, "I am afraid that there is no known chemical that will effect the Xenomorphs. They are a rather hardy race that exist solely to kill and dominate a landscape. We were foolish to believe that we could find a way of controlling them. However, through our studies we have determined that they communicate mentally with the Queen of the Hive. She can direct them from any location on the planet."
Oksana sipped her coffee and said nothing as Dirk made the introductions. He got her name wrong, but after so many years outside the central planets, Oksana rarely expected anyone to grasp Russian nuances of address. She heard the other woman out and chose to ask the obvious.

"What happens when you kill the Queen? Does it take out their Hive mentality? Can we disable them that way?"
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 am

"We have never.tried killing the queen. She was always considered too valuable a resource," the W-Y rep shrugged as she answered!
GM

Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:58 am

Dirk thought about the answer for a moment before looking over at Oksana. "If the queen has any kind self preservation instinct,. and judging from her pulling her forces back I think she dose, we could use it as an advantage. If a larger force engaged her directly she would pull more of her forces back for protection. While that is going on we could send a small force with our new friend here to collect the data."
<Tag Oksana>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:59 pm

((OOC: Whew! Busy morning. Thanks for the tag, Dirk!))

"That would depend on where the Queen is, would it not?" Oksana frowned over the rim of her cup. "It would not be good to make the Queen withdraw if her ... Nest? Hive? Base? ... is the same place we need to go. If that happens, our small force would have to fight through a larger force to get to our objective. Also, how big a force can we deploy against her? Would we have enough to repel anything ... clever ... from the Queen? Like a flanking force, yes?"

Oksana's frown deepened and she turned the full force of it on Jones.

"You say she is a valuable asset. Why is she valuable? Is it for her intelligence or her Hive-mind coordination ability ... or is it for something else?"
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Quinn's hand grasped the wrench and pulled it underneath the vehicle. "Thanks, whoever you are." he said, a banging sound coming from underneath the vehicle, then a loud CHUNK. Quinn moved a large metal plate and set it down outside. He removed a portable welder, pulled his goggles down, shifted and started his final bit of work. Bright lights and a hissing, sizzling sound came from underneath the APC for a few moments, then died out.

Sixtus put the plate back into position and crawled out from underneath. " GIOSSO, TRY IT NOW! Sam, good, wanted to see ya. Has Morse destroyed anything yet?" he asked with a crooked smirk. From where he was sitting, he rubbed his grease spotted hands with a red cloth. Salazar could now see the hat, grease stained though it was at the moment, with it's Lieutenant insignia upon it. "Who's the new guy?"

<tag Giosso, Sam and Booth>
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Return to “Operation Alpha Strike”