Kurosaki's Mission; Part I

The 9th campaign
maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Kurosaki's Mission; Part I

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:42 pm

May 4th, 2182: Briefing Room, Space Station Gateway, Earth Orbit

SGT Ichigo Kurosaki sat in a small briefing room with 4 other marines he had never met; all Corporals; and a represenative from the Weyland-Yutani Corporation; a.k.a. "The Company"; by the name of Oscar Black. There was a 'window' in the station from this room and the bright blue and white sphere of Earth was clearly visible. It calmed Ichigo down to look upon and helped to keep the horrible memories of his squadmates getting cut down around him back on Icarus out of his mind...

Mr. Black cleared his throat and Kurosaki and the other 3 marines turned thier attention to him at the front of the room. Black spoke up; "Good morning marines; you've been ordered here today due to your impeccable records of service; your abilities to utilize stealth and the fact that you have all been under fire and conducted yourselves admirably."

Black began to pace back and forth as he continued; "For all of these reasons, you have been chosen to undertake a very 'special' mission"; Black clearly pronounced the word 'special' very carefully.

"Some time ago; the BioCyte Corporation purchased, thru a series of fronts of made-up individuals and dummy companies; a believed-to-be played out mine on the Forge Colony. Recently, some of our more 'sensitive' sources of information"; again he placed special emphasis on a word; this time; 'sensitive'; "-have reported that this mine has been occupied by some kind of Scientitsts or Technicans and a couple of dozen of well-armed mercenaries. We're not entirely sure what's going-on here, but due to the fact that we know they are supplying the insurrectionists on Icarus and Alexandria with arms and support; we'd like to find out."*

"Rather than send in a larger number of marines; we've decided to be a bit more discrete and send in the four of you; under the command of SGT Kurosaki here; to quietly Infiltrate the mine and discover what it is that they're up too." Kurosaki suddenly feels the eyes of the other 3 marines on him, taking his measure, before they return thier concentration to the Corporate rep.

"You will each be assigned a data-disk with all of the info we have on the mines and the mercenaries employed there; but your primary mission is to obtain intel on why BioCyte has sent Scientists and well-armed Mercenaries to a 'supposedly' played-out mine. It's possible that they are just hiding the fact that there are richer veins of ore than they want anyone to believe; but BioCyte is not a Corporation that tends to concern itself with mining interests; so we're almost certain it's something else entirely. Be carefull marines; and whatever happens; they must NOT know that 'The Company' or the ICC is invovled in this operation. Therefore, you will NOT be in uniform or carry any USCM-issued equipment for this mission.** Your datadisks will cover what will be available to you. Good luck to you all."

*You get the distinct impression that he's not telling you everything he knows.

**You have been assigned to this mission by some higher-ups in the USCM with the implied threat that if you do not go on this mission; your career as a Marine is over. The available equipment amounts to the civilian equivalent of M42 scoped Rifles; M4A3 pistols; Ithaca Shotguns and M39 SMGs. Smoke grenades and Flares are available; but no more powerful explosvies; A very light Kevlar vest is it for armor and headset comms that can connect with each of the other squad mates to a range of about 1 mile. Medical Equipment and Knves are available, as are welders; but no Comms or Motion Trackers or heavier weapons. If there are other equipment options you'd like to know about, feel free to ask me.

The datadisk also provides information on the mine and the mercenary unit "The Reavers"; see the Mission 2 posts for that info.

The other Marines I'm just going to name CPL Jones, CPL Smith and CPL Chan for now; if I get another player, they might take over one of these positions; but for now, they are all NPCs.

Next post; with a quick jump in time, coming up soon...

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: Kurosaki's Mission; Part I

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Kurosaki took the mission briefing all in. He was kind of in a daze ever since seeing his squad being blown to pieces on Icarus, but he really needed to snap out of it if he wanted to survive.
As Kurosaki listened, he was pleasantly surprised that he was given command of this 'Infiltration' squad, but that good feeling evaporated when the Company Man told the squad that they were not allowed to have USCM-standard gear, which would make the mission hell of a lot harder. Lighter armor, substandard weapons...
Jesus Kurosaki thought. It's just like Japan during World War 2.
He shrugged the thought off and quickly got the impression that the man was not telling all he knew. A first.
Kurosaki began to speak
Mr. Black, let me get the record straight. You're asking my team to go in there with light armor and weapons against a large, well-armed enemy force. With due respects mister, I believe that is suicide. If you are withholding information, these mens' lives will be lost, the same men who have been trained for inflitration, a skill that is very hard to teach

<Tag Black>

My Requested Gear
Light Kevlar Armor
Ithaca Shotgun
M4A3
Flare
Knife

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 pm

May 16th, 2180; "Secret Entrance" to the Vaxian Mine, Colony World of Forge; Alexandria Sector

SGT Kurosaki looked at the narrow tunnel entrance on the opposite side of the mountain where the terraced landing platform and main entrance to the Vaxian Mine were located and thought to himself; 'Well, at least the Corp. was right about this tunnel being here...' as a memory from 12 days ago flashed into his mind...

He had been speaking to the shady Weyland Yutani Represenative, Mr. Oscar Black and had said: "Mr. Black, let me get the record straight. You're asking my team to go in there with light armor and weapons against a large, well-armed enemy force. With due respects mister, I believe that is suicide. If you are withholding information, these mens' lives will be lost, the same men who have been trained for inflitration, a skill that is very hard to teach."
Black had responded with a hard-eyed look; "You're skills at infiltration are WHY you have been assigned this mission Sergeant; and if you study your disk; you'll see that there's a covert way into the mine that you'll be leading your men through. The main purpose of your mission is to find out what's going on at the location; record that information and return with no one being the wiser...it is NOT to get into conflicts with anyone you find there. So, again...let me state that the reason you're only being given 'light weapons' and armor is that anything else is a clear sign of who's sent you; and if that becomes known; then you're entire purpose for being there is blown anyway."

Kurosaki; back at the tunnel entrance, could read between the lines to understand that the Company Rep.'s words had also meant that he and his squad were expendable. Shaking off his nagging thoughts; Ichigo kept his Shotgun at the ready and led the three marines following him into the tunnel...

OOC: All of the weapons and equipment you asked for you have.

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:13 am

Kurosaki moved quickly, but silently, drawing from the lessons he learned at the JSDF compound in Sapporo. He was pleased to see that the other three marines were also similarily trained and made no noise as they silently padded after him. Kurosaki smiled to himself, then looked around very carefully.

<Roll Infiltration, Perception, Spot Enemy, Spot Ambush, Luck>

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

[May 16th, 2180; "Secret Entrance" to the Vaxian Mine, Colony World of Forge; Alexandria Sector

As Ichigo lead his squad to the tunnel entrance, he suddenly froze and then moved quickly to the right, motioning his fellow infilitrators to do the same. The did in quick, silent movements.

Kurosaki had suddenly noticed two things; the almost invisible trip-wire at shin-height across the entrance and the mounted camera inside the tunnel, on the ceiling, sweeping from right to left. It was aimed for anyone coming into the tunnel and so, from his current position, he and his squad couldn't be seen on the camera.

Studying the slow moving camera for a few moments, Ichigo noted that the camera definitely moved slow enough for a man to jump inside and move to a 'safe' spot underneath the camera without being seen. He whispered instructions to his men to do just that; and taking a deep breath, he timed his move perfectly...

A few anxious moments later, the rest of his team had done the same thing; and now gathered in the darkness; they slipped on thier low-light goggles and moved down the narrow tunnel entrance; that they could see was occasionally used by someone...

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:39 am

Kurosaki breathed a silent breath of relief when all of the team members went by the trip wire. He motioned for Jones to take point with his M39 SMG and pointed at Smith to take the flank with his civilian version of the M42 scoped rifle. Chan and Kurosaki took the left and right, making a classic diamond formation. Kurosaki could see that Chan was alert, and was ready to give a blast of buckshot of anyone who popped out of nowhere with his Ithaca shotgun. Kurosaki moved his arm forward, and Jones took the first few steps down towards their objective.

<Roll Infiltration, Perception, Spot Enemy, Spot Ambush, Luck>

OOC: Minor edit; the last marine is named Chan

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Kurosaki and his marines moved deeper into the mines; thier weapons ready; senses alert for anything. They soon found themselves in an expanded section that had clearly once housed veins of ores that had been mined out.

At this point; there were two additional tunnels that led out of the chamber; one that led off to the right and one that led off to the left with a slight incline in elevation. As Kurosaki was about to issue orders for his team; Smith suddenly walked over a well-hidden pressure plate and from the ceiling of the mine shaft; a trap door opened and a light machine gun rigged as an automated sentry gun snapped down and cut loose a long burst that tore poor Smith to pieces. Kurosaki and the other two marines leaped to what little cover they could find and the sentry gun was soon alternating bursts at each marine; keeping thier heads down...

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 am

Kurosaki was about to order the men down the left shaft when Smith was ambushed by a machine gun. Kurosaki took cover and yelled "Return fire and keep your heads down."

<Roll Gun combat, Luck (lots of it)>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:02 am

The other two members of Kurosaki's SOG unit took cover behind an outcropping. One "sliced the pie" around the cover until he could see the sentry gun, letting loose a burst from his SMG into the weapon emplacement. A shower of sparks erupted from the machinery and it ground to a halt after a burst. Upon closer inspection, the forty-five caliber bullets had shredded the motion sensor and jammed the line that fed ammunition into the weapon.

"Fucking ay..." Jones crouched over Smith's body, his face a mixture of anger and regret. He sighed, pulled the man into an alcove out of sight. Chan covered the tunnel with his SMG while Jones stashed the body. Once he was finished, he nodded to Kurosaki.

"Ready to roll Sergeant." he said, and the team moved out. They came upon a reinforced metal door, obviously new. There was a keypad on the right side.

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 am

Kurosaki nodded at Jones, and moved out with his team. He was having serious doubts about this mission, as a man had already had been lost.
Orders are orders, he thought to himself as he walked, his shotgun at the ready.
Abruptly, the corridor ended with a metal door with a key pad on the right side of it. Kurosaki immediately ordered his men to a halt and he quickly moved back out of the range of the door. The two men followed him out of sight of the door.
"That door's got to have some sort of security or some sort of booby trap on it. It's too sophisticated to be an old mine door. I'll look any signs of a camera. Cover the flank"
<Tag Jones and Chan>

Kurosaki peered around the corner and looked for a camera around him. He made sure that he went over every bit of rock near the door.

<Roll: Perception, Sight, Spot Object, Luck>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:19 pm

The other two members covered the way they had entered while Kurosaki examined the place for a hidden camera, and finding none.

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

Finding no cameras, Kurosaki signaled for Chan to attempt to bypass the door.

<Tag Quinn/Roll Chan's Electronic Skillz>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 am

Chan moved up from covering the shaft they had come from, pulled out what looked like a datapad and began unscrewing the plate that housed the lock. Upon opening it, a tangled mess of wires spilled out, all with the same color. Chan grunted in irritation.

"This'll take a while." he said, looking over the entire system before touching anything. "Nanbu Model Forty, and customized at that..." he muttered to himself.

"Movement." Jones whispered coldly, tightening his grip on his sniper rifle and pressing a button on the scope. "Synthetics, coming this way, and they're not in a hurry. They haven't spotted us yet."

Return to “USCM 2.1 - Invictus Campaign”