What do we know

The 9th campaign
Morse
Captain

What do we know

Post by Morse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 am

I want to know, and for it to be sort of public knowledge, as to what we know about the Xenomorphs at this time. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has difficulty pin pointing exactly what we as a unit know, and what we do not. For my own part, I generally hold back on stating almost any knowledge of their life cycle or biology other then the most basic assumptions.

I know we saw a chest bursting incident, and I know we've been in areas with the secreted resin. In addition we have come in contact with the aliens on several occasions, and engaged them. But the first time we did so, we had almost no idea what these things were. And the concept of eggs, facehuggers, and what facehuggers do to a body, is a considerably hard thing to just assume.

So I would like for someone to make it clear exactly what we know about the Xenomorphs as a whole.

Darkblade Bug
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Re: What do we know

Post by Darkblade Bug » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:47 am

Dunny, having been inside a hive and cocooned, probably knows the most here - he's seen a Queen first-hand, though he doesn't know if there's only one or many in a hive, or how a bug becomes a Queen. He knows most of the life-cycle, though.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

Morse we only know what our characters have experienced with maxvale as the GM, as the campaign was 'rebooted' when he took over.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Is False Cross pre or post reboot. Depending on that, depends on if we've seen a Queen as well. Of course in that campaign Dirk had his head.... removed, so I'm not sure what of that we're counting, if any of it.

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:21 pm

My guy has seen it all if there wasn't a reboot. Every. Gory. Detail.

If there has been a reboot he knows diddly squat...or at least very little...depending on when the reboot happened

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the reboot started in either False Cross, or Gothic Serpent. Though I'm fairly certain it was Gothic Serpent.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 am

The reboot started in Gothic Serpent, cause I was awarded a Bronze Star in False Cross, but didn't get to keep it.

*grumblegrumble*

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Okay;

I've been working with the understanding that "Gothic Serpent" was the re-boot and so therefore, everything from that point on can be considered "cannon" for this game....Nick/Dugan, if that's incorrect, please let me know!

Regardless of whether it is or not; pretty much everybody in the squad (with the notable exceptions of Lonebear and Valentine) can be considered to have had experience fighting the Xenomorphs (and Valentine and Lonebear can be considered to have combat experience against the Harvesters); and between thier own experiences and those of Dunn's in particular; most of the Xenomorph cycle is known.

To clarify: It is known that the Xenomorphs have a "Facehugger" form that that hatches from an egg and can deposit a "Chestbuster" form in a human victim...the Chestbuster then comes out of the host-victim and rapidly grows in size.

Dunn has probably seen a much larger Xeno; and the Corporates will have speculated that there must be some kind of egg-laying form of Xeno; but probably, no one has definitively id'd a Queen; as of yet.

Hope this helps!

Return to “USCM 2.1 - Invictus Campaign”