Earth falls Pt 1.. Let me know what you think

Fan fiction written by our members.
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Earth falls Pt 1.. Let me know what you think

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:22 am

Now....

Dirk looked out the boarded up window at the darkened rain swept streets two stories below. Lightening lit the city in quick flashes as his tired eyes searched for anyone, or anything. Nothing was moving, but that sure as hell didn't mean nothing was out there. His eyes moved towards the abandoned police station across the street. The doors were open, as if waiting for its long dead officers to report for duty. The barred windows were dark like the rest of the city. The splattered blood and lack of bodies told what had happened here. "They must have been caught unaware. Been overrun quickly. It should still have what I need" he thought. "Weapons, ammo, maybe even some food and water. Nothing human in there anymore so no reason for those fuckers to hang around." All he needed to do was get over there and recon it. He had been slowly making his way there for the past week. Building by building, avoiding any contact with them through more luck than anything else. Now across the street he felt his hopes raise for the first time in as long as he could remember.

He was about to make his move when he saw it. A tall, badly wounded warrior alien slowly moved across the street. He had seen this one before. He knew it, hell it was the closest thing to a friend he had anymore. He slid down the wall and sat. Pulling out his Colt M-1911 from the shoulder holster on his flight suit and checked the pipe for the thousandth time always getting the same answer. One bullet left. "For me" he said to him self in a low raspy whisper. as he put the clip back in the Colt and the Colt back into the holster. Looking at the M-41A leaning against the wall he knew the ammo wouldn't last.

He ran his hands over his face and head, feeling the weeks growth on both. Sighing, he closed his eyes and let his mind go back.

Before.......

Dirk sat in the tent that served as the ready room for the Red Dragons Marine Air and Space Attack squadron. A Lt Col standing by a map of New York was going over the operations of the day. Close air support. No surprise there. As he listened to the man speak a cup of hot coffee was held in front of his face. Taking the coffee he looked over to see the smiling face of his co-pilot Lt "King" Arthur Jeter. He smiled as the young Lt slid into the chair next to him.

"I miss anything, Snake? King asked in a low whisper leaning over to Dirk

"Just Lt Col Rueter's speech on close air support. He says the same thing every day. He should just record it and play it back for us." He joked in the same low whisper.

After the briefing was over The pair walked out of the warm tent and into the frigid early morning darkness. Dirk pulled the collar of his leather flight jacket up around his neck as they made their way towards the flight line and their UD-4L Cheyenne Drop ship, He was glad he had it. The flight suit kept him mostly warm but every bit helped. The crew chief was already there going over the weapons systems on the large scared green ship. Twin 30mm Miniguns, linked to 4,000 rounds of ammunition made the updated Cheyenne a powerful close air support gunship. He ran his hand over the cool armored skin of the Huey. Then patting the painted rattlesnake on his door for luck, he hopped in..

The engine whined as it cycled up. Flame shot out of the exhaust as it got ready to take off.. Thirty transport and gunship dropships lifted off and sailed into the night to meet their foe. It was still hard for him to believe that they were really fighting not only the Aliens, but time. He had only seen a few that had been captured. They were nothing like he had ever seen in his nightmares. This shit spread like wild fire. Any contact with them and the risk of infection was there. It was one of the many times he was very glad he was a pilot and not a ground pounder. The two men flew in silence as they listened to the traffic on the comm.

"Request evac! Were being over run here" static "Move third platoon forward to support second.. Where the hell is that air support?" static" They've broken through." static and gunfire...screams" We are being over run..Do not land. I say again do not land. Open fire on any target in the open Do you...Shit..Die you mother fu..." more gun fire. High pitched screams of the dieing aliens and men. Then a crunching sound as the static takes over the air

The outpost was in a large fair ground that backed up to the lower New York bay. They had no where to go. As they approached the overrun outpost the two men looked in horror at the scene. The streets leading to the fence line were packed tightly with the creatures. They were pouring through a large hole in the large fence. They swarmed over the two APCs that once guarded the gate. Flashes from gunfire and explosions lit the night. He could see soldiers running, being chased by hordes the creatures. One by one they were caught and ripped apart. Several small pockets of soldiers remained, fighting and dieing. Surrounded and firing in every direction, they were besieged by an endless sea of monsters that hungered for their flesh.

"This is Dragon 1 to Red Dragons, begin attack runs. Cover the survivors the best you can. Mixer, Stud. Get your ships to that hole in that fuckin fence. I want the flow of these bastards stopped." Dirk said in his mike as he pushed the stick forward and started his attack run.

The Cheyenne's miniguns shot flame as it rained 30mm death on the attacking alien hoard, to the delight of the besieged men on the ground. A grim smile formed on Dirk's face as he pulled the Cheyenne around for another pass on the attackers. Looking over at the two gunships that he had tasked with stopping the invasion he saw that not only did they stop them from coming through the hole, but they were beating them back. "Those grunts are sure as hell going to owe the Dragons this time" He thought as he aimed the nose of his Cheyenne back at his targets. Relief swept over him. They would win this one he thought.... Then the sky fell.

The first nuke exploded over Manhattan, blinding Dirk for a moment and sending an EMP surging through the air towards the battle. Alarms screamed for attention as the gunship died. The tail started to spin around as he fought in vain to land. The Cheyenne collided with the Ferris wheel, becoming entangled in the cables and superstructure. Dirk's helmeted head collided with the windshield, cracking the helmet, shattering the windshield and sending Dirk quickly into unconscious. The last thing he remembered seeing was the sight of his co-pilot falling, seat and all, hitting the ground hard. He was torn apart before he even had a chance to feel the pain from the fall. Then darkness.

Water.. He felt it, or was it a dream? No it was real, he could feel it running over his face. But who was he. In the darkness he tried to remember who he was. Think... Who am I? Yes that's it. Pitt. My name is Dirk Pitt. They call me Snake, but why? My call sign. That must mean I fly. That's right, I'm a pilot for the Marines Corps. But what happened? What? Dirk's eyes flew open and he gasped. Forcing the cold air in and out of his lungs. He looked around. He was still strapped in the cockpit upside down. Blood mixed with rain water moved down his face. He pulled off his cracked helmet and looked at it. I guess these things really do work he thought to him self. Then looking where King was he saw that the seat was gone, along with most of the side of the Cheyenne. Lightening lit the darkness and he saw where the seat and what was left of king lay. All that was left of his Friend was a few bits of bone and shreds of blood soaked uniform. The fires from the crashed dropships and the exploding ordinance had killed most of the creatures and kept him warm as he was out. It had left a field of blood and gore behind. Outpost 223 was gone.

Dirk unhooked himself from his harness and climbed out of the shattered hulk of his ship. He had been lucky it had not burned. Or had he? He was alone, in an overrun outpost on the edge of the war. All he had was his Colt M-1911 45, his K bar and his survival kit. At least these things don't use weapons. There should be weapons and ammo on the ground. he thought.

Seeing nothing he started to climb down. Once on the ground he looked at his watch. Being a wind up it wasn't affected by the EMP. He had been out for over twenty four hours. Avoiding the blood of his friend he started to search for anything that would be useful to him. He didn't have to look that hard for what he needed. An M-41A lay on the ground among the other equipment littering the ground like unwanted toys. It's former owners hand and lower arm still attached. Removing the hand from the grip, He slung the weapon over his shoulder. Dirk started to stuff as many magazines and grenades as he could in the pockets of his flight suit. Then he quickly made his way to one of the strongholds he had seen from the air hoping to find someone, but finding the same thing at every one he came to. Blood mixing with the rain water, gore. It was a nightmare. Everyone was dead. He came across a Large A.L.I.C.E. Pack that had been set on the hood of a now useless APC. He opened it and started stuffing it with any ammo, canteens and MREs that he came across from the ruined tents of the command post.

He could see some movement in the distance. Couldn't make out what it was through the downpour but no matter. It was time to leave. He had to get under cover, out of this rain. He quickly made his way into the city. If there were any survivors from the outpost that is where they would have headed. He made his way through the burnt out cars and boarded up buildings. The rain washed the blood quickly from the streets leaving behind only the parts the creatures didn't eat, or take for whatever they used them for. He stayed back from the main road, seeing that it had several of the creatures shuffling aimlessly, searching. They found his location quickly.

A crowd of about thirty creatures gathered at the end of the street about two hundred yards away. Dirk stood, watching them as they watched him. No one moving. Then a bolt of lightning ripped across the sky and the thundered loud. That was it. Dirk started to run. Anywhere, no where, just away from here. Looking back he saw they had cut his lead in half. They would have him soon.

"Here! Over here! Quickly, I can't keep the door open long" Dirk heard being shouted

Looking around he saw where the voice was coming from. A tall blond woman was standing in the doorway of a store front in a red brick building. The windows in front were covered with large metal shutters the door with large bars. Covering the shutters were bloody hand prints and splattered blood. She was waving wildly for him to run faster as she started to close the bars.

He ran towards the now closing entrance. His breath, coming in ragged gasps, pulling the frigid air in and out of his burning lungs. He could hear the heavy footsteps of his pursuers as he dove through the doorway hitting the white tiled, blood stained floor. The bars slammed shut and were locked from the inside. The hissing and screams of the creatures could be heard over the loud pounding on the door and the shutters

The first thing Dirk noticed was that he was warm. At least not freezing like he was out side. The next thing was that he was surrounded by a group of people. There were about ten of them, ranging in age from teens to a man that looked to be in his eighties. He stood up on shaky legs and looked at the group looking at him. At once they started to ask questions..What happened to the outpost? Was Manhattan really nuked? Would the power come back on? When could they expect rescue? and many others that blended with the others sounding like a jumble of words in his ears.

"OK, that's enough. Give the Captain some room. He's just gotten here so let him get his barrings." She said to the now outraged, but quieting group of people.

Dirk looked around. He was in a small grocery store, safe for the moment. He closed his eyes for a second but the visions the creatures kept coming to him. After a moment he realized that she was talking to him.

"You're soaked. You need to dry off. Do you hear me? Your clothes are soaked. Never mind. Here." She said taking his hand and leading him up the stairs to the small apartment over the store.

The old wooden stairs creaked in the narrow hallway as they reached the top and she opened the door. She let go of his hand and left him alone for a moment. The pounding from the creatures had lessened, but was still there. He walked to a window and looked out through the shutters. More creatures had come They milled about, but not without perpous. They would have to leave sometime. He jumped as she entered the room again and handed him a towel.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Re: Earth falls Pt 1.. Let me know what you think

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:22 am

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..Here take this. dry off. Come down when you are ready." She said as she turned and started towards the door.

"What's your name?" He whispered looking at her, shaking off the shock of the past 24 hours

"Carol"She said, smiling slightly as she answered.

"My names Dirk. Thanks for saving my life Carol" He said trying to return her smile

"Your welcome Dirk. Come down when you're ready." She said as she walked out and closed the door.

Dirk pulled off the ALICE pack, letting it fall to the ground along with his leather jacket. He striped off His boots, socks and his wet flight suit and crawled into the bed, pulling the covers around him tightly as he drifted off into a nightmare filled sleep.

Four hours later he sat up in the bed instantly awake. The pounding was gone. He wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Then he noticed a tray of assorted food and drinks. He attacked it, eating quickly. He couldn't remember a better meal, canned as it was. He stood and walked to the bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror he noticed the cuts on his face were cleaned and dressed. His flight suit jacket boots and socks, now dried, were hanging on the shower rod. He got dressed quickly. Feeling stronger by the second he walked out the door and down the stairs.

Walking back into the store, he felt much different than the first time he fell to the floor, aliens on his heels. Once again he was greeted with the questioning eyes of survivors. Gathering them around him he went through what he knew.

That a ship had crash landed. It had come out of the outer fringe and didn't respond to any transmissions. Two teams had gone aboard and contact had been lost with them as well. Impact was in the northern United States. City by city and state by state fell to the creatures that came out of the wreckage. We held them at New York long enough to set up forward outposts, but they didn't hold. The outpost had fallen, his entire squadron had been whipped out when the nukes hit. That the power wouldn't be back on and no one was coming for them. They listened. Feeling the emptiness of what passed for life truly sunk in. The silence in the room lasted until Carol stood and faced them.

"Look, we have made it this far. We have enough food and water for to last for almost six months, The gas is still on, The boiler is still giving us heat, we have guns and a way out if we need it. Don't give up now. She said passionately, but not really sure if she was convincing anyone, herself included.

Time passed, as time always dose. The days rolled into weeks. Dirk and Carol had spent the time getting to know each other. She was a cop. 23rd precinct. She had said more than once that they should move to the station as soon as they could. The place was built in the twenties, it was a fortress. It had weapons and a deasil generator that was in the subbasement with enough fuel for a month of constant use. The police were planing a group camping trip and were storing the food and camping equipment there. The garage was closed off so they could use the equipment there to repair one of the cruisers. There was even a police helicopter there if the EMP hadn't killed it. It was perfect she would say. They had a rope on the roof connected to the building next door. That was where they would go if those things ever got in.

He had told her about his family in Manhattan, his friends in his squadron. How he had gotten there. The attack, the crash, what was left of the outpost. Even though he talked about them as if they were alive they both knew that they were all dead.

They had become lovers quickly. They seemed to almost cling to each other, supporting each other, keeping the rest going. Forming a partnership. He had stashed his ALICE pack on the roof, just in case they had to leave fast. He had no idea just how good of an idea it would turn out to be.

Dirk woke early and rubbed his face. Looking at his watch he saw he had gotten nine hours of sleep. "Not too bad."he thought as he started to get up. Getting out of bed he slid on his flight suit and harness. Remembering to keep his things close to him. Carol came into the room wearing her jeans, black blouse and her long leather jacket.

"Its about time you woke up. We have a problem. Jacob wants to leave again." She said talking about the 18 year old track star that had been trapped in the store with the rest of them when the creatures had come.

" What is this? The tenth time? OK, you go down and calm things down a bit. Let me get my boots on and I'll be there. Besides, he likes you better than he likes me" He said with a smile and a wink.

He walked quickly down the stairs listening to the argument. Jacob was shouting that his family could still be alive, waiting for him. The same thing that he would always say before the group would talk him out of opening the door. Only this time was different. Jacob had managed to push the others off him and open the door. As the defiant youth stepped out he was greeted by a large warrior. It's teeth were bared he reached out with frightening speed and caught the young man by the neck. As Jacob screamed and fought the large powerful creature pulled the struggling youth to his open mouth, shooting its second set of jaws into his flesh. Blood shot out like a fountain as the boy fought less and less and slid to the ground. Alerted to the movement and screams more creatures descended on the now open door Forcing their way in, attacking all they could find.

Dirk rushed back up the stairs to the bed room and got his M-41A. The sounds of Carols Beretta 9mm among the high pitched screams of those being attacked echoed through the store as more creatures pushed their way in. Dirk ran down the stairs, M-41A ready. As he rounded the corner into the store the world seemed to move in slow motion. He knew that it had fallen. The creators were pouring in unopposed. The survivors tried in vain to get to the stairs, but fell one by one under the Ravenous creatures. Then panic filled him. Carla was falling back, viciously fighting the two of the creatures that were almost on her, each of them trying to be the one to feast on her flesh. He charged forward, his M-41A's bullets ripping the top of one of the creatures head off. Throwing it back screaming into death. Not to be out done, Carla managed to press her Beretta to the second creatures forehead and fired. Bullet, skull and brain exited as the creature fell dead, but not before spraying her with its acidic blood. Dirk rushed forward. Grabbing her roughly by the collar of her leather jacket he pulled her back to the stairs. As she struggled to get out of the acid covered jacket, Dirk faced the monsters that feasted amongst the screams of their victims.

"OK fuckers, try this!" He shouted through gritted teeth as he fired the grenade from his M-41A

The grenade launcher barked as it spat the grenade at the front of the building. In a single moment, an explosion had reduced the entire store front to flame and rubble. Tearing victim and alien alike to shreds of quivering, dieing flesh. Smoke filled the room as Dirk got back to his feet and grabbed Carla's arm, putting it around his neck and the two ran up the stairs, passing the bedroom. Reaching the stairs to the roof and escape. Below they could already hear more creatures, drawn by the battle, on their heals.

They reached the roof. Dirk ran with Carla to the crude rope bridge the survives had set up for just a situation like this. He covered the door as she crossed. Seeing that she was over he quickly moved across. Reaching the other building he pulled his K bar and cut the rope.

"Ha. We made it. Lets go. We'll get to your station and.." His voice trailed off as he saw her look at him.

"No. We didn't make it. You did." she said, showing her ruined and burnt torso

Dirk looked at her in shock as he shook his head"No. Your fine. We'll get you cleaned up. You will be fine...You have to be."

"No. I wont be." She said trying to smile. A spasm doubled her over. She sank to her knees as Dirk slowly laid her on the cold cement roof. The rain fell around them as they looked at each other, both unsure of what to say. The tears flowed down both of their faces as Carla lay on the ground. He held her hand and brushed the hair from her eyes. Trying to smile.

"I don't have much time. I can feel it now."She said, swallowing, breathing raggedly. "Go. Get to the station. Try to get the helicopter going. Fly out of here."

Dirk closed his eyes. He felt her hand growing colder even as she held his. He reached out and touched her face lightly and gazed into her dieing eyes.

"Do you want me to come with you? I'll just shoot a grenade at the ground and... I just.... I will" He said desperately.

"No. You have to live. Please. Promise me you will live. That you will make it. Say it. Promise." She said through the pain.

"I promise. I'll live." He managed. His tears flowing freely .

“The sun's coming up, watch it with me before you go”

She didn't speak again. He held her hand as they looked at the sunrise and then in each others eyes. Her chest slowed and then at last stopped. He kissed her forehead and stood. He turned and ran to the fire escape. Looking back for a moment he promised again. “I'll make it”.

Now.....

He opened his eyes and looked back out through the boards of the window. The warrior had gone by then, off searching for food he guessed. "Looks like I'll have to wait for day break. Less of them then. The door to the apartment he had found locked, he reached over to the propane grill and turned up the heat. Feeling the warmth he felt himself drift into a light listless sleep.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 am

Eerie! I love it!
Site admin

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:14 pm

nice...now this is more like an aliens movie should be

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Well put together!
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:53 am

What happens next?
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Return to “Aliens Universe Fiction”