M1T4 - Clammed up

The 8th campaign
Quinn
First Lieutenant

Re: M1T4 - Clammed up

Post by Quinn » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:52 am

Obi wrote:
these xenos have concentrated acid for blood. Water being the universal base, it'll negate a goodly portion of that danger. Exactly how much, I won't know without some lab tests, but I might be a little busy down there keeping myself and the rest of you swinging dicks alive."

Listening in on the comm chatter, Obi piped up.
"I hope you are right Sarge, those things spray quite a bit when they get hit. The dilution factor of the sea water might work in our favour?"

<tag SGT Quinn>
((Don't use the forum rank, it's wrong.))

"I only have two stripes, so Corporal is just fine. Thanks for the vote of confidence all the same. But essentially yes, it might. It's just a theory at the moment. Also people, don't use grenades while inside the facility. Otherwise, we'll all be crushed at that depth if we're lucky. Otherwise, we drown. And I don't want to be drowned, oorah?" Sixtus popped over the comnet.

<tag Marines>

"Down by the river... where we took a little waaaalk..." he began singing as the sub lowered into the water. It was an old cadence from when the U.S. Army still existed.

<tag anyone>

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:24 am

Quinn wrote:Sixtus chuckled at Jean's joke, and heard Gordon's question directed at him. "First off Private, my parents are married and I work for a living. So don't call me "sir". Corporal works fine. And to answer your question, these xenos have concentrated acid for blood. Water being the universal base, it'll negate a goodly portion of that danger. Exactly how much, I won't know without some lab tests, but I might be a little busy down there keeping myself and the rest of you swinging dicks alive."

<tag Jean, Kurosaki, Pants>
"Ummm right Corporal, sorry Corporal!" replied Gordon.

"Isn't not using grenades going to suck a fat one Corporal? If the xenos blood is acid if we shoot them don't we run the risk of having their blood eat a hole in the building?" asked Gordon nervously.

<Tag Quinn, Platoon>

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Cpl Stormhurst hung in line behind SSgt Morse under a sub and went over the helmet's readouts and HUD readings in his suit. He tried not to think of what the pressure down there would do to his frail human body if the suit became compromised. He also hoped he didn't freak out in the dark depths. He hated the dark all closed in. Only 30 m veiw distance. It would be hard to aquire, track and target the fast creatures. He switched his pulse rifle to auto fire, at that range all the rounds should hit fairly close together. And with the suit arm the recoil should be dampened down even more so the rounds grouping would be tight. And at that close he wanted any threat to go down fast. He hoped the water would midigate any threat from the creatures blood. He also wondered if the composite had any anti-acid properties. He sure hoped so.

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Hell On Earth Campaign”