Posting

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Pale Rider
Major

Posting

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Just a few ideas from me your friendly neighborhood Storyteller:

1. Feel free to post as much as you would like when it concerns the environment. After all we are telling a story together. I will lay down the groundwork and allow you guys and gals to flesh it out. Within reason of course. No super powered guns, etc. But details are great.
2. Player to player events require rolls against one another. So in the future like the matches in the gym I will pm joint die rolls after both players have declared their actions so that each knows what is coming up so that they can post in a way that reflects each players response and successes or failures.
3. I feel that those that have joined us on the Kakao App have been enriched in ways that we never had in the past. You have 24/7 access to the GM to ask questions, etc. As well as the ability to get to know one another better. Again just my opinion.
4. We are only as strong as we each get to be posting together. If I feel the need to take the bull by the horns and accelerate the storyline then I will. If you think I need to and you are on Kakao then by all means buzz me.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Re: Posting

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I don't mind....and in fact, enjoy.....adding details about my character's past and home life, etc. When it comes to the game itself though; I gotta say that I'm old-school....the GM lays out the surroundings and controls the 'plot'......with the understanding that you set up action that gives the PCs choices....and then the dice rolled reveal the outcome of those choices and the story takes off from there.

I am NOT comfortable with adding to the background story/changing things etc......not my style; so I wouldn't look for much from me in that department as to me, I'm playing a game that tells a story.....set within a greater 'meta' story told by the GM. I've never been a big fan of the 'everyone is a storyteller' kinda games....but to each their own. I'm enjoying things so far, thanks! :)
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Not necessarily saying you have carte blanche access to change things, just saying help drive the story forward don't wait on me to give birth to the baby. Help push. To quote Bill Cosby: "Johnny Bench is sitting down here waiting to catch the baby!"
GM

Image Image Image

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Sorry for the lack of posting recently yall, recent promotion has got me sidetracked on work stuff lately. Will try to stay a bit more current with posting and such.

On a side note if you're in the US, be careful with the solar eclipse, never know if it'll be a day of the triffids. :)

Return to “The Game”