REBOOTING

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Pale Rider
Major

REBOOTING

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:37 am

I know we have broached this subject before and it was largely frowned upon because of time invested in characters. I can respect this and will refrain from doing a reboot if I get enough veteran characters committing to posting at least once every 24-48 hours. However in that vain I am setting a time limit for how long I am going to wait before starting Chapter 1 of the Easy Eights. An alternative option will be for us to start a new story arc with the Devil Dawgs so that the veterans can maintain their characters. What we would do is alternate story or arcs or eventually combine the two.

Thoughts or comments. One way or the other a new session will be starting on September 11th. So consider this also a request for a role call.

Finally if you wish to play I need an e-mail address, KAKAO Chat ID, LINE Chat ID, or cellphone number for text messages so I can contact you concerning posts, etc. These can be privately messaged to me.

Thanks,

Charles
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: REBOOTING

Post by pants » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:42 am

Like I said in the Hicks post I won't be able to commit to posting due to my work situation, at least for the next two weeks. After that I'll know either way if I've got a job or not. So theoretically I could have a whole bunch of time on my hands in the near future! :(

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Maybe try a series of short self contained missions. New characters, with everyone in the same squad. Gives the still actives a chance to play, and when numbers increase come back to the original Eights.

A single squad in a small mission might be easier to GM for a while.
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:29 pm

I like whiskey's idea as well. I'll probably be a bit hit and miss, but would like to continue playing as well.
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 pm

Is it possible to maintain the same characters in the same squad? - New characters for those that want them and the same for those that don't? - We could just say that after a year time skip that some of the members got transferred around, we could always return them.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Morse wrote:Is it possible to maintain the same characters in the same squad? - New characters for those that want them and the same for those that don't? - We could just say that after a year time skip that some of the members got transferred around, we could always return them.
Not a bad idea, Morse gets the worst punishment he's had yet by baby sitting a bunch of greenhorns through hell and back. XD
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Return to “The Game”