Hello peeps

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Hello peeps

Post by Nick » Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 am

I just wanted to say Im still lurking the site. I am following the posts on a bi-weekly ish regularity. I Will keep the site floating. But at the moment I cant row it.

I would like to see a top three list that would make the site better. I will try to implement these.
Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Hello peeps

Post by pants » Fri May 20, 2016 8:54 am

Personally I think we need probably more people signing up. So maybe a recruitment drive?

Also update the software so we can use spoilers? ;)

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Fri May 20, 2016 9:16 am

Oh and any chance of a return of a chat function? Was there issues with that before?

Also maybe some kind of image function so we can create maps and stuff?
Yeah and it was almost unused (chat). If I remember correctly we decided to use messagingprograms instead. I suggest finding a suitable program for it, and add me too so I can helpt with accute maintenance should the need arrive.

Taking the easy route for drawing I suggest using Googles services for those kinds of applications. They work really good - Rather than hacking something up that 1) Probably wont get used so much it justifies the times it takes to implement. 2) Probably wont work as good as the google stuff. (Just being realistic here).

//N

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think we have enough people and should trim down to a couple of 4 man squads and just make the mission update once/twice a week no matter what. (Again, not calling out anyone, I'm as guilty as anyone of irregular posting times....I just think continuous action tends to lead to more people keeping focused)

It's always great if more people jump in, but I think 5-10 regular posters is fine....maybe that's just me.

On another note; great to see/hear from you Nick! I hope all is well!
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri May 20, 2016 6:28 pm

I would hope that we can achieve one post a week with two GMs... But sometimes its hard to balance with real life. As for one thing that could change, you could make me a moderator of the campaign as long as I am GMing it.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu May 26, 2016 4:18 am

I intend to make a return to the basics next mission. Xenon for starters.
GM

Image Image Image

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:01 am

Sounds great pale.
Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:53 am

pants wrote:
Oh and any chance of a return of a chat function? Was there issues with that before?

Also maybe some kind of image function so we can create maps and stuff?
Yeah and it was almost unused (chat). If I remember correctly we decided to use messagingprograms instead. I suggest finding a suitable program for it, and add me too so I can helpt with accute maintenance should the need arrive.

Taking the easy route for drawing I suggest using Googles services for those kinds of applications. They work really good - Rather than hacking something up that 1) Probably wont get used so much it justifies the times it takes to implement. 2) Probably wont work as good as the google stuff. (Just being realistic here).

//N
Ok so anybody got any suggestions with messaging programs? I really don't use them at all so can't say much about that at all.

When you say Google services Nick which ones are you talking about?
maxvale76 wrote:It's always great if more people jump in, but I think 5-10 regular posters is fine....maybe that's just me.
Good point, but we aren't really getting that at the moment. Plus I'm the worst when it comes to posting! ;D I hope my smiley face emoticon makes up for my week long absences! A recruitment drive won't solve our problems but it will hopefully provide a bit of fresh blood and bit more impetus with regards to posting.

Obviously we want quality posters but we also want people who may not be the greatest posters, like myself, but have that je ne sais quoi about them and are willing to slog along with us. Possibly we can re-open some kind of boot camp thing like we used to, where people can learn how to post Easy Eights style and we can weed out the folks that aren't going to stick.

I like this website and I like the people here and I'd like to see us develop into the greatest United States Colonial Marine RPG on all of the interwebs of all time!

Return to “The Game”