Its up

//N
Site admin

Pale Rider
Major

Re: New turn!

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 am

The way I see it.
1. 2nd is at crash site except Mark. James is closest with Al and Sam. Covering.
2. 1st is 200 yards up hill. Spread out covering the rim.
Suggestions:
1. 1st grabs cold weather gear since it is the middle of the night.
2. Command squad gets an APC set up as a command center on the cliff.
3. 2nd will do a sneak and peak. If the brief case is in sight I do a snag and bag. If the Lt is available we do a tag and bag so we can get to the bottom of it.
4. If we have someone capable of doing it I suggest we 2 marines back down into the base to scout it out!.

Anyone else?

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:54 am

My immediate issue with all of this is the people behind. We don't actually know who it is behind us. Now that we've gone all in on this point shooting down the dropship, we still don't know if those behind us are friendly or hostile - or even how many there are. For all we know they may have put up reinforcements and would tear down the hall to kill us.

- I'm just really saying don't forget about whoever it was that was there.

As for the scouting, I have an expert rating in infiltration which works essentially the same way.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree. That is why I say we scout and get an APC in place.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Well it'll be difficult to do a lot that since Quinn said he bounced for a couple weeks, and he's got 1st squad so tangled up they probably won't even shift their weight without orders to do so.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:40 pm

From my read, I think Pale Rider’s right on where everyone is right now. I’ll just note that the only things I remember being mentioned as in the hanger bay is Marine 1 and the Drop Ship James arrived on, which is currently powered up so I can use the radio.

I’m not exactly sure what command value function an APC will serve, if there is one sitting in the hanger bay. Scouting back deeper into the base seems like a good call though. Does anyone else have scouting/infiltration?

For myself, there’s little point in me doing anything other than continuing to try and contact someone up the chain of command.
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:40 pm

OK, unless everyone wants to sit and wait on Quinn, here is my suggestion based on the comments posted here.

1. Scrap the APC idea at this time I was basically visualizing the way it was used in Aliens by group to monitor their incursion into the Reactor.
2. We let the last turn be the last turn and we move forward from here and we can deal with the repercusions of the misunderstanding and the punch for after the mission. We are here on a mission and it takes priority. As a former GM on this website inactivity can be a killer in getting the dynamic flowing again.
3. We let 1st Squad, - Duncan due to the issue and have Honeysett or one of the other Command Squad Members, recon the tunnels behind us and make certain whom we were shooting at as well as cover our backsides from a sneak attack.
4. Command Squad can watch over those of 2nd Squad active at the crash site. Duncan and his sniper rifle will probably have the best range.
5. Mark continues to try and contact someone higher up the food chain to figure out what is going on.

If all are in agreement then we can begin to post shortly. If you agree please post so here before we all go running willy nilly.
Thanks, and I hope no thinks I am trying to take over simply trying to prevent any further issues by discussing this OOC.

Duncan
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Duncan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:33 pm

I think operating based on original squads is confusing, especially since there has been a good deal of mix and match. Here's how it currently stands:

Search group-
Sgt. Screaming Eagle
Cpl. Hall
Pvt. Capone

Cover group-
Cpl. Morse
PFC. Duncan

Command and communication group-
Sgt. Quinn
Pvt. Giosso

Perimeter group-
Sgt. Pitt
Sgt. O'Brien
Pvt. Farzi

Unassigned-
Sgt. Kurosaki
Sgt. Honeysett

I think if we put the unassigned into perimeter group and send TWO "perimeter" marines to recon the path (if we were fighting hostiles, sending one marine to engage in a firefight by his lonesome seems a tad unfair), we can button up the area.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:15 pm

I don't think that keeping me with the "cover squad" has any real point. We shot down the dropship, and it took a massive tumble. If anyone even managed to survive that unbraced impact, they're gonna be dazed as hell, and probably seriously injured. They aren't gonna get very far, and having a full squad, plus two is a bit over the top is severely over doing it. I'm sure Duncan could handle it if someone started running, and better then Morse would. (Since Duncan could just wound him, and Morse would just saw the person in half)

There is however the rest of the facility, which has what I would still deem to be hostiles. - Morse is an expert at infiltration, and is the primary one to have engaged those behind.

I say send me and someone (Dirk, or Obi would work best) and have us figure out where we are and what's behind us.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Return to “The Game”