How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Time to pass the torch

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah sure no problem with me.

What do You need from me Max?

I will update your posting priviligies to Moderator of course so You can create threads and such. Do You need the rulebook?

Dugan and I can help You with rules no problem - Although the turn around for my replies might be up to a week current workload. I will check in every now and then though and keep the forum updated and backed up.

I have an MSN account you can have if you need to contact me for some reason, the computer is almost always on so If I don't reply I will see it as soon as I get home.

//N

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:05 pm

To: Nick, Pants, Dugan, Quinn...and any other veterans out there! :)

I sent a PM to Nick and basically, I'll just repeat it here: If any of you (particularly Nick for this part) have any feelings one way or the other about where to go with the current mission; i.e., if Nick has a "blue-print" for it; I'm happy to continue with that. If not; I've got a few ideas on where to go with it; and I am always happy to hear what other people's thoughts/ opinions are about this.

Also; to just further the thought; I certainly welcome any and all thoughts/views on the current mission and/or future missions....what aspects of the 'Aliens Universe' do people want to see explored that haven't been or would like to return to, etc.

As for game-mechanics things.....I have the Leading Edge RPG book; I've been through it several times...and my hat's off to those of you who fully grasp it....To my non-mathmatical mind; it's more complicated than most of the really grongnard war-games I own/play. Any significant rules-mods or 'short-cuts' any of you moderators have used for resolving actions; please let me know.

Also; are all the PCs stats on the Board? If not; please send me the info.

That's all I can think of now.....please feel free to IM or reply to this thread with any and all thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

-Max

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 am

I just want to say thanks for taking over the game Max and I look forward to playing through the current and upcoming missions.

Now all we need to do is try and get a rollcall of players, to see if we need to fill in any spaces.

Can you post here if you are still around and ready to start playing?

I'll start off:

Pants aka Gordon Lionmane is ready and rearing to go!

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah thanks Max.

I'm still around.

My character is Dugan Simovic.

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I just want to further pass on my sincere thanks to Max for taking over and keeping the game running. I am sure whatever you throw at us it will be awesome mate! I cannot wait for the mission to continue!

Cheers

Obi

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 am

If you think this is complicated, I dare you to try Saganami Island Tactical Simulator. 3-D vector-based intercepts... *shudders*

Cpl. Quinn, Sixtus I., Medic, cocked, locked, ready to rock!

Also I have several mission ideas if you want me to forward them to you.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:49 pm

The rules are not very hard to grasp. They are different but not particularly hard. Just run through the examples and You get the hang of it pretty quick.

I would prefer You started a new mission. I will still be lurking around in the shadows here and I would like to complete this campaign sometime in the future - Just no time right now.

Also any questions can be asked to me or even better Dugan who has a pretty good grasp of things. If You need stuff made on the forum I can help You there - Although my time is strictly limited so keep the requests limited or You will be dissappointed. :)

//N

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Addition: I have a request and that is that the next campaign is named after something beginning of the letter i.

Tradition.

:)

//N

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 pm

I appreciate the appreciation! Thanks guys! :)

Quinn: By all means, please send me any and all ideas and thoughts you may have!

Nick: I learned a long time ago that everyone's brains are wired very differently....for example, I knew a guy in high school who was a math wiz; ended up getting a 780 (out of 800) on his Math SAT (and this was before calculators were allowed for the test); and yet couldn't remember any dates in history class or figure out how to write a decent paragraph for English class.

I'm the exact opposite of that guy; I've always been able to see the connections when reading history and remembering dates is no problemo; but you start throwing letters in with numbers in a math class and I'm lost! :) Leading Edge's RPG system is just like that with me; some kind of higher math I don't quite get! But anyway, I'll do my best with it!

As for a new mission; starting with the letter "I"; CHECK! One last question; should I have everyone come up with new PCs or use the same ones and assume it's before/after the "Hell on Earth" mission?

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 am

Hey hey hey?!
What's going on? I miss a month and I realize that Nick's stepping down? :o
Ah well. I have lots of time should Max not be able to keep up with the campaign or something.
Anyway, congrats on your promotion Nick!

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm

If its possibly mate, i would like to keep my character. I have become quite fond of me. :P

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Kurosaki, Ichigo wrote:Hey hey hey?!
What's going on? I miss a month and I realize that Nick's stepping down? :o
Ah well. I have lots of time should Max not be able to keep up with the campaign or something.
Anyway, congrats on your promotion Nick!
Thanks. Not a very easy thing to do. Love the game and love you guys so it was a painful, but necessery decision - The alternative would have been to incrase turnaround to two weeks - And that is a ticket to death for a game like this.

I will still be around and I will probably GM again in the future - Don't worry, just no time right now in my life.

Game on.

Max contact me so we sort out the details.

//N

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:54 am

I hope it get to drive an APC in the upcoming campaigns! Just throwing it out there: ALL CALLSIGNS this is OBI, be advised that in, FIGURES ONE SEVEN Days, I say again FIGURES ONE SEVEN Days until AVP is released!

One very excited Signalman here!

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Okay; well unless Nick has any objections; I've got a mission idea and I will start to run the game quite soon; using Nick's patented once a week main post; and with subsequent posts here and there as necessary.

Basic outline for where to start: It's several months after the events of "Hell on Earth"; and the insurrection in the Alexandria Sector is growing. In the midst of this; reports of increased Xenomorph and Harvester alien activity are sweeping through several Colony worlds. Various Corporations are getting involved; seeing potential profit in the conflcits.

In the midst of this; the USCM is called in to fight the rebels on the colony world of Icarus. (a new world, I made up, it's not in the book; hopefully this is cool with Nick!) Some shady Corporate types utilize thier political pull to get a certain group of veteran marines to infiltrate a rival companies compound, which just happens to be in the middle of the war-zone. Enter our heroes....

Coming soon (if Nick buys off on it, that is! :) )..."Infiltrating the Insurrection on Icarus"...

Sound interesting? One thing I'd like to know; how many of you are planning on being regular players in this mission? I think it's safe to say that Obi, Dugan, Pants, Quinn and Ichigo are interested.....anybody else? Dirk? Apachetear?

I just want to try to get a good head-count. Thanks!

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Sounds good!

Return to “The Game”