Taking the lead

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Taking the lead

Post by Medic Guy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:44 am

not super familiar with formatting a wiki but how do you get a picture to actually show instead of just a link?
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Been trying to update the characters on the wiki currently. When I finish up Andromeda campaign, anybody willing to go through and read it for errors and such? I got in a cast of characters and was thinking of writing some kind of preface to explain why there are multiple writers and such. Hoping we might be able to use it as a recruitment tool, especially with some of the new Aliens books being displayed fairly prominently in Barnes and Noble.

Once Andromeda's had a good look over, I'll put it up on the wiki.

Nick, Pale Rider, Pants, or Apachetear: Any of you guys still have the original mission briefings or other things. The links in the story no longer function.

Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

Nick wrote:Yeah, thanks Pants! Awesome work.

I have had many laughs and nice moments through the years with this site. The first site was hosted in my warddrobe on an old Pentium desktop before migrating to a real server. The strange name is actually my Police school class name! 03 is the year and B2 is the class. It was registered as a site for us to share pictures with each other (remember this was in the very dawn of digital photography). When that was done I still had a years rent payed so I thought what the heck and moved the site online here. Thus it became 3rd battalion 2nd platoon. 8)

The reason I started the game once upon a time was twofold. I had been in the original USCMPBEM back in the late nineties with Chris Deale as GM and missed it. The second was that i needed an escape from reality as my mom was dying in cancer 05. She died in 06 and this site was what kept me busy during many late nights of thinking about life.

Just a short glimpse of background story.

Game on.

//Nick
Only ever had good memories here! You remember Heavy Glen? Whatever happened to that guy?
Medic Guy wrote:Been trying to update the characters on the wiki currently. When I finish up Andromeda campaign, anybody willing to go through and read it for errors and such? I got in a cast of characters and was thinking of writing some kind of preface to explain why there are multiple writers and such. Hoping we might be able to use it as a recruitment tool, especially with some of the new Aliens books being displayed fairly prominently in Barnes and Noble.

Once Andromeda's had a good look over, I'll put it up on the wiki.

Nick, Pale Rider, Pants, or Apachetear: Any of you guys still have the original mission briefings or other things. The links in the story no longer function.
Not me. Nick, Pale Rider or Apachetear might have them. I'd be willing to have a look at the wiki for you but I'd be lying if I said I would be able to do it any time soon. Can you post a link to it please brah?

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

http://www.runningwhisky.com/USCMWiki/i ... a_Campaign

Andromeda Campaign is up on the wiki with corrections to spelling and some of the grammar. My wiki formatting skills are lacking quite a bit. I'm still doing editing in word. Made a cover page and was thinking about a preface with a good description of the game, how we play. Was thinking about including a few profiles of characters, if some of you have a picture or celebrity that your character looks like I'll try to include it when submitting it on some other sites as well.

Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Unfortunately, I do not. It would be awesome if I still had access to all the art work I put together on Google Sketchup. 3D Maps that you could explore was neat if I don't say so myself.
GM

Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:46 am

Medic Guy wrote:http://www.runningwhisky.com/USCMWiki/i ... a_Campaign

Andromeda Campaign is up on the wiki with corrections to spelling and some of the grammar. My wiki formatting skills are lacking quite a bit. I'm still doing editing in word. Made a cover page and was thinking about a preface with a good description of the game, how we play. Was thinking about including a few profiles of characters, if some of you have a picture or celebrity that your character looks like I'll try to include it when submitting it on some other sites as well.
I honestly don't remember any of those posts! I'm reading through the first couple of missions and it's all vaguely memorable, like something that you remember happening to you but the mists of time have kind of obscured them. I think my posts have actually gotten a lot worse since then!

As for the actual grammar and spelling it seems fine. I think at that time we had a lot of non-native speakers of english playing which is why there might be some grammatical errors but in general most of those guys wrote english better than me, and english is my only language.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I think he became upset over something and started acting out so I banned him temporarily. Never heard from his since, he was from Sweden if i remember correctly.

Many memories. ;D

//N
Site admin

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Nick wrote:I think he became upset over something and started acting out so I banned him temporarily. Never heard from his since, he was from Sweden if i remember correctly.

Many memories. ;D

//N
Are you talking about HeavyGlenn?
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Return to “The Game”