M3T2

The 7th Campaign
Quinn
First Lieutenant

Re: M3T2

Post by Quinn » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 am

Dirk Pitt wrote:
Morse wrote: "God Dangit Dirk, What the hell you wanna be done goin to some damn game a yanks? You know them games rigged tighter then barrel full a brew. What done after that insident in 28 wa'nt it?... Shit i don't watch em damn things. But what dern difference it make to you what we do to this heap a bugs n' filth?" Morse said it all very quickly. Taking another slug off of his flask.

Then turning towards Monks "I hope that tose things haven't burst out of those guys yet. We might be able to take them alive, but we'll do whatever we have to do." He said in a low voice.
"You need a reason Sergeant Pitt?" Quinn said suddenly and dryly. His eyes remained closed and his head was still against his headrest.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 am

"This feels like a rollercoaster ride from hell", Gaz thought to himself. This was his first combat drop, and it was nothing like the simulations. They just coulden't prepare you for the real thing, plus he would have to fight those bug things. "I hope I make it out of this", he thought.

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

This being his second insertion drop, Colwell realized it would take quite a few more before he would be used to it.  Some of the veterans in the platoon were even able to sleep through it. "I'll never be able to do that.  Damn, how can Quinn just sleep like that?" he thought.  His only consolation was that his new Squad mate Brown appeared to be having as rough a time with it as himself.
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Quinn wrote: "You need a reason Sergeant Pitt?" Quinn said suddenly and dryly. His eyes remained closed and his head was still against his headrest.

"Not a reason Quin, Just a place" He said
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Morse's grin maintained steady. Of course Dirk was one of those, God, Country, and the Game, fighters which were all too common among the corps. Morse liked things in a more broader sense, he wasn't a rebel on record, but opposition was something that called to him all to well. He could very well have gone to law school, hell he still might have.

"Dirk, I'm a son a the south, aint nothin that don't give me reason to get drunk Morse said holding up his flask ,and get loud." Morse finished. He wasn't particularly happy about going to New York even still. On his arm there was a tattoo of a symbol in Chinese. The meaning was "Born in the thorns to die in the sky." He always attributed it's meaning to him dying in space rather then on Earth. He hated the colonies, but at least this mission didn't have them going there.

< Tag Dirk
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:10 am

Morse wrote: Morse's grin maintained steady. Of course Dirk was one of those, God, Country, and the Game, fighters which were all too common among the corps. Morse liked things in a more broader sense, he wasn't a rebel on record, but opposition was something that called to him all to well. He could very well have gone to law school, hell he still might have.

"Dirk, I'm a son a the south,
Quinn interrupted it with a quick "I'm sorry." and a smirk on his face, his helmet now tilted down to cover his eyes.
aint nothin that don't give me reason to get drunk Morse said holding up his flask ,and get loud." Morse finished. He wasn't particularly happy about going to New York even still. On his arm there was a tattoo of a symbol in Chinese. The meaning was "Born in the thorns to die in the sky." He always attributed it's meaning to him dying in space rather then on Earth. He hated the colonies, but at least this mission didn't have them going there.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:00 am

Slowly opening an eye Obi looked around at his fellow marines.  Are we there yet??  Taking his helmet off he ran a hand through his short brown hair.  Putting his helmet back on and adjusting the chin strap, Obi turned to PVT Saint who was sitting next to him and looking around nervously, with an encouraging grin Obi asked,

"how you doing mate?  All good?"

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Morse wrote: "Dirk, I'm a son a the south, aint nothin that don't give me reason to get drunk Morse said holding up his flask ,and get loud." Morse finished. He wasn't particularly happy about going to New York even still. On his arm there was a tattoo of a symbol in Chinese. The meaning was "Born in the thorns to die in the sky." He always attributed it's meaning to him dying in space rather then on Earth. He hated the colonies, but at least this mission didn't have them going there.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 am

Kurosaki looked around. Everybody was coping well enough. Brown and Colwell looked a little shaky.
Jean wrote:
Sergeant wrote: Kurosaki glanced around at his squad in Dropship 001. Kurosaki had a burning question.

"What are we going to do about the press? What's our game plan?"
Jean could hear Kurosaki's question. She pulled at her restraints so that she could lean over the narrow barrier between the squad compartment and the drivers compartment. She kept having to move her straight shoulder length synthetic black hair behind her ear so that it wouldn't keep dangling in front of her eyes as she did so. She yelled over the turbulence.

“Headquarters never told us anything about it,” Jean replied. “Should we assume, that, since this is Earth, that the Marines public relations department will handle the situation? I could always make a call to Weyland Yutani. My programmer knew several PR representatives that reside on this planet. They have top secret or better clearance. With permission, they could handle the brunt of the assaults we don’t need to be engaging while topside.” Jean offered.

She knew what the marines thought about Weyland Yutani. She had been hearing about it ever since two men pried the crate she was shipped in, open and turned her on.

“If there’s one thing Weyland Yutani is good for,” she emulated the standard Marine paranoia to give merit, at least, slightly, in her to her reasoning, “... they know how to shovel what you humans would call ‘the bullshit’,” she finished with a sort of sarcastic smile and the men could see her skinny right shoulder shrug as she finished off her suggestion.

Jean locked the slider forward on her gun, not telling anyone that the chamber was empty as she said her bit. It made a sound so low within her holster that no one could hear it from the rattling hull outside of the dropship.

The android felt that the humans would have better control over their training without having to worry about talking with other Humans that were non combatants. To mix business with fools errands would potentially be disastrous.

“If we’re allowed to be out in the open about this, however, telling the humans that there are monsters among us might not be a bad idea. It will make things safer for all of us if everyone stayed away from the bullets when they fly. We can be just as dangerous as the bugs if we aren’t too careful.”

Jean vanished around the partition and went back to studying the plasma monitor and the GPS readouts of their position as the pilot carried them to where they needed to be. She also wondered to herself, what the hell is a Yankee stadium?
Kurosaki was silent. He really didn't trust anything that wasn't human, and in his book, Synthetics are not humans.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Chris Shepard
Private

Post by Chris Shepard » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 pm

The tension was building. At least for Chris. This wasn't the first time he had been on a drop ship, but this would be the first time he saw combat. However intimidating that may be, though, he knew he could trust his training. Muscle memory kicks in, and before you know it, you're shooting, communicating, and moving. Chris had buddies from 1/8 that saw combat before he joined the unit. They said they don't know how it happens, it just does. That's why Marines train so hard. You can't trust your instincts to do the work for you. You have to just let it go and let the muscle memory kick in. Fight the tunnel vision. Fight the thought of "I just shit my pants and everyone is gonna laugh at me". Shitting your pants is pretty embarrassing, but Chris knew a lot of Marines who let a load out in their pants in the heat of battle.
LCpl Chris Shepard
Support Squad Incinerator
"Let 'em burn..."

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”