Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M2T14

Post by Nick » Thu May 28, 2009 2:02 pm

2179 AD, 28th September
Location: CSC Sector, Saint John, Anubis station, Sub level 3
Mission timer: 00:00:54:28

2nd squad and what remained of 1st squad waited for the sealing of the air ducts. [position U13, corridor]

The flickering blue light was accompanied by a soft hiss as the welders of 2nd squad went to work on the air duct. It took only a matter of seconds to melt through even hardened metal with the small plasma cutter hand welders. The welders had an operational life of just about fifteen minutes but where so effective Sergeant Simovic couldn't even remember one running out of steam during a mission.

Once ready 1st and 2nd Squad checked out the elevator, the gate was pulled down and when they shone their lights into the shaft they saw the bottom a few meters down. Laying in the middle of the shaft were a dented colonial marine helmet next to a huge dark patch of liquid - But Mongos body was nowhere to be seen.

3rd and 4th Squad worked their way on the western approach towards the contact. [Position D12, corridor]

The corridor was more cramped here, barely allowing two marines abreast of each other. The motion tracker still showed a single contact moving slowly back and forth on a north-east path in the morgue  [position S4, morgue]

The Marines approached and past the archives, the computer racks gaped empty. Whoever had been here had done a throughout job, only the cut wires portruding from the metal racks was all that remained. The Marines poked their heads into the Wardens room, the whole room was covered in papers. A huge pile in the middle of the floor were scorched and burnt, but the fire seemed to have died out by itself. A bookshelf behind a massive synthetic wood office table held a few dead plants and some thick books on as diverse subjects as corporate law and bio-engineering.

The hallway [position D12, looking east down corridor] was empty as the marines leaned around the corner. At the far end they could see the lights of the Marines of first and second squad play in the corridor.

The silence was almost deafening.

>

OOC: I tried a new approach to positioning. I added a grid to the map and wrote out exact positions followed by a room name. This way everone can write out where they are without having access to a drawing program - It also helps me a lot judging where the squads and individual members are.

Good, bad?
Attachments
mission2anubissublev3rev2.gif
Last edited by Nick on Thu May 28, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

MI_trooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: M2T14

Post by MI_trooper » Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 pm

still looking at his motion tracker and looking around him pvt lippa whispered to his squad

guys i got motion and i dont think its from any of the other squads... its one blip and its moving from side to side... whats the orders sarge?
<tag 2nd squad and sargent
pvt lippa put his motion tracker back on his belt and pulled out his shotgun aware of his suroundings he made sure he was very quiet.

<roll awareness

(ooc grid map seems like a cool idea my DnD group does it and it seems to work, but thats in real time, this should make things more easier and possily interesting.)
Last edited by MI_trooper on Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt: lippa
motion tracker, SMG, and shotgun
second squad

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri May 29, 2009 6:40 am

patch was on edge, having moved up to near the elevator shaft with Simovic, against his natural instincts, he was almost certain some hidious almost un-kill able thing was gonna leap out of the shaft any second...

" we got any claymores or proximity mines?" patched asked over the general comms channel as he passed the lift shaft " cos placing them in here would make me feel a lot happier right about now"

patch moved on north with Simovic and squad 2, watching his motion tracker intently for any change in the movement at the top of the corridor (V1) he turned west and headed towards the entrance to what appeared to be the autopsy room and morgue.

patch new he was not the best shot in the world, so stopped just before the entrance (O1) "who you want on point sarge you know i cant hit an elephant with a shotgun, my luck can't hold out for much longer" patch asked, commenting on his so far bloody miraculous luck for gunning stuff down...gotta love full auto and point blank range he thought to himself.

OOC sorry if this is wrong but i got confused were i was, i said i would go west but i guess simovic ordered us up the lift side.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri May 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Ishizawa and 3rd silently moved down the hallways with 4th squad. Having just been in the middle of an intense firefight on the upper levels, the awkward silence was making him very tense.

The marines eventually came across an intersection in the hallway, at the end of which, the lights of 1st and 2nd squad could be seen in the distance. Ishizawa was about to begin moving again when his shoulder lamp came upon a sign in the hallway that caught his attention (F10). Laboratory

"Hey Pitt, they've got a lab. Might be worth checking out"

OOC: I like the grid. Very useful.
Last edited by Tyler Ishizawa on Fri May 29, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Simovic helped seal up the air shaft and then moved up to secure the lift shaft with Squads 1 and 2. Judging from the amount of blood at the bottom of the shaft it seemed unlikely Mongo would be alive but why had those things taken his body?
MI_trooper wrote:
guys i got motion and i dont think its from any of the other squads... its one blip and its moving from side to side... whats the orders sarge?
"Ok thanks for the heads up Lippa for now stay with Cpl. Kurosaki and guard his six"
eyeball wrote:
" we got any claymores or proximity mines?" patched asked over the general comms channel as he passed the lift shaft " cos placing them in here would make me feel a lot happier right about now"
"No we've only got demolition charges, but they can be set to be detonated remotely. Kurosaki set one here, just in case. Also get on the horn and ask Lt. Andersson what exactly the mission is considering the current events and ask he for an update on Mongo's bio readings? Then pull your Squad back to a safe distance and keep this area covered".

eyeball wrote:"who you want on point sarge you know i cant hit an elephant with a shotgun, my luck can't hold out for much longer" patch asked, commenting on his so far bloody miraculous luck for gunning stuff down...gotta love full auto and point blank range he thought to himself.
"I'll take point for a bit you get behind me and keep me updated of any movement".

Simovic moved up to the Autopsy room with the remnants of 1st Squad. "Ok prepare to move in and clear the room. I'll take the right side, Patch the left and Windrider the center. Once in we wait for 3rd and 4th to move up before we attempt to clear the Morgue".

Simovic then booted the door and entered the room and swept his weapon to the right. [Moving to Position J4]

[If he see's any hostile targets he'll take three bursts each with two Combat Actions of aim]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat May 30, 2009 2:49 am

"Hey Pitt, they've got a lab. Might be worth checking out"

Trailing along behind his Corporal, Obi quickly took his water bottle out and got some water down his neck.  The firefight, almost being dragged down the lift shaft to become a snack, the mad dash through the airshaft had really strung him out.  Now that the adrenaline rush had waned, he was becoming aware of all the aches and brusing starting to appear.  Shifting in his armour to take pressure off his back and shoulders for a brief second, as his entire back and left side felt like one massive bruise from where that thing had him pinned and tried to pull him through the lift safety fence.  Shuddering at the memory of it, he tried to push it out of his mind.  Doing so brought something to surface that his Dad had told him once.

"You will always remember your first ever time in combat son, it is something that will stay with you to your dying day."  Yeah Dad, i guess you were right with that one, i don't think i will be forgetting these events any time soon. Yet somehow, i don't think this is what the Old Man had in mind when he was referring to going into action. Obi told himself as he recalled the details of that Saturday afternoon that seemed like a life time ago now.

As the marines proceeded along, Obi realised that the only noise made was the soft movements of the marines as they moved down the passageway.  Quickly glancing over his shoulder to make sure that Johnson was still there and not something particular nasty, Obi realised that CPL Ishizawa had halted and was calling up 4th Sqd on his radio headset.

Realising what had attracted his squad leaders' attention, Obi smiled grimly to himself.  Oh great, fuck off scary monsters, running around sub levels in a fucked up facility, and now we have a lab.  Wow, this now kinda has all the elements to make a really, really, really, bad scary movie...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 30, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat May 30, 2009 5:57 am

Morse paced at the rear of the squad. 4th support was really working today. When he heard the suggestion of checking the labs, he remembered he was still carrying to sample "fingers" in vials in his pocket. He moved up towards Dirk.

"Bad idea i figure Corporal. I'm already carrying samples, should be enough for em, unless they want us to drag a carcass up that shaft like a spider on a spindle. I figure we check somethin else, somethin less hazardous if you done gettin my meanin." Morse said.

<Tag Dirk

He shifted around to face the back again to watch the rear. He checked his M41A. It seemed to be showin right, as it had the right ammunition loss listed, so he wasn't worried. He looked at Eric. "Best be hopin she's workin good and shiney, don't wanna find out she aint to when the reaper comes a callin." He said aloud so his squad could hear.

< Tag Raider and 4th
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat May 30, 2009 8:49 am

Nick wrote:
The flickering blue light was accompanied by a soft hiss as the welders of 2nd squad went to work on the air duct. It took only a matter of seconds to melt through even hardened metal with the small plasma cutter hand welders. The welders had an operational life of just about fifteen minutes but where so effective Sergeant Simovic couldn't even remember one running out of steam during a mission.
Kurosaki looked on grimly as the welders worked their magic. He smiled slightly, remembering an old Japanese Folk Song about a rat about to be eaten by a large demonic cat.
Nick wrote:
Once ready 1st and 2nd Squad checked out the elevator, the gate was pulled down and when they shone their lights into the shaft they saw the bottom a few meters down. Laying in the middle of the shaft were a dented colonial marine helmet next to a huge dark patch of liquid - But Mongo's body was nowhere to be seen.
Kurosaki stared at the dark, crimson liquid. Where was the body? Kurosaki thought as he peered into the elevator shaft. The body was gone! Mongo was surely dead; there was no way he could get up after a fall like that. The contact... going back and forth... walking back and forth... could it be swinging back and forth? Kurosaki thought to himself, with a panicked expression. No, it was not possible... those aliens had not picked up bodies before, so why would they start now?*
MI_trooper wrote:

Dugan wrote: "No we've only got demolition charges, but they can be set to be detonated remotely. Kurosaki set one here, just in case. Also get on the horn and ask Lt. Andersson what exactly the mission is considering the current events and ask her for an update on Mongo's bio readings? Then pull your Squad back to a safe distance and keep this area covered".
"Roger sir" Kurosaki said, motioning at Quinn to set up the demolition charges.

" Lt. Andersson? This is Corporal Kurosaki. We need an update on Private Mongo, Octavius's life readings. Also, we're trapped down here, we have a single contact, moving back and forth, or swaying back and forth. We need orders and personally, I would like to get out of this place. Over. And oh yeah, E1 and E2 server blocks are gone. Hopefully my 401(k) plan wasn't in there. Over."
Last edited by Kurosaki, Ichigo on Sat May 30, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:59 am

Erik just stayed up with his Cpl and continued to check his motion tracker. He had slung the flamer within easy reach and was carrying his pistol in one hand. He was keeping an eye out for any other weapons that might have been left adrift.

He heard Morse and laughed alittle.

"Morse, I hope you're ready to be the Reaper!"

He waited on his Cpl's orders, ready to execute them, whatever they might be.

Roll motion tracker skill, Awareness.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 am

sarge Simovic breached the entry with style, and patch was right behind him, there were no contacts on the motion scanner but that only means nothin's moving.

patch went left (O3) scanning the room as he went with infrared and mark one eyeball as he came to a halt he left himself covering the door to the south as that seemed like the most likely source of any further contacts.

ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun May 31, 2009 12:56 am

Tyler Ishizawa wrote: "Hey Pitt, they've got a lab. Might be worth checking out"
"Its on my to do list, Ishizawa."Dirk said as he lead his me through the hallways

Morse wrote: "Bad idea i figure Corporal. I'm already carrying samples, should be enough for em, unless they want us to drag a carcass up that shaft like a spider on a spindle. I figure we check somethin else, somethin less hazardous if you done gettin my meanin." Morse said.

<Tag Dirk.
Dirk kept his eyes moving from side to side, looking for any one of those things.

"I don't like the sound of it myself, Morse. But we have to pass it on our sweep and I don't anything other than Marines behind me. He said.

Reaching into his pocket, Dirk fished out a cigaret and his weathered Zippo. Lighting the smoke he stuffed the lighter back in his pocket. He kept searching each room as he went on towards the contact.
(Roll perception)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Quinn nodded in agreement with the orders, but he didn't like being on point. But this mission was full of things he didn't like. Slinging his SMG, he completed the work on the elevator shaft opening. So this might buy some time in case the xenos decided to make their way down this section.

Once finished, he began setting the satchel charge with just enough explosive to collapse this area.

"Will be on point, aye." he answered Kurosaki.

Last edited by Quinn on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 am

Obi continued to move forward and stood next to his squad leader.  Both marines stood silent for a moment looking at the closed door that marked the boundary between the passageway and the lab.  Obi blew out a breath and asked quietly, "so Corp, whats the go?  We waiting for 4th or you want Johnno and I to go in and clear it?"  Indicating to the entrance of the lab with the business end of his rifle.

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Obi wrote: "so Corp, whats the go?  We waiting for 4th or you want Johnno and I to go in and clear it?"

Looking down the hallway, Ishizawa could see there was a fair amount of rooms that had to be swept. The Marines would be able to sweep the entire sub level much faster if 3rd and 4th split up.

"We've got a lot of ground to cover, we'll sweep this entire hallway while 4th takes the next one over"

"Dirk, looks like we've got a lot of ground to cover, we'll get it done quicker if we split up. I'll take my squad and secure the rooms in this hallway, we'll meet up with you guys once were done our sweep"

Ishizawa and 3rd then broke off from 4th and began entering and sweeping each of the rooms in the hallway, while keeping an eye out for anything that could be useful to the Marines.

OOC: Sweeping hallway F13 to U13
Last edited by Tyler Ishizawa on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Looking down the hallway, Ishizawa could see there was a fair amount of rooms that had to be swept. The Marines would be able to sweep the entire sub level much faster if 3rd and 4th split up.

"We've got a lot of ground to cover, we'll sweep this entire hallway while 4th takes the next one over"

Ishizawa and 3rd then broke off from 4th and began entering and sweeping each of the rooms in the hallway, while keeping an eye out for anything that could be useful to the Marines.

OOC: Sweeping hallway F13 to U13
"Wilco Corporal."  Obi acknowledged quietly and followed his squad leader.  As CPL Isizawa moved in and began to clear the first cell, Obi provided cover from the door way (J13).  Both marines shoulder lamps illuminating the small interior.  It was simple and functional in its design.  Looking around from left to right Obi took it in.  A toilet and small wash basin tucked away in the left hand corner, a folding cot as a bed running against the rear wall opposite the door way and a metal desk and chair, which was tipped over and lying on the floor, running along the right hand side wall opposite the toilet and wash facilities.

The cell itself was trashed, papers, magazines and other debris were strewn across the floor and desk, the bed coverings ripped and scattered across the bed and floor.  Either they were keeping nutcases locked up or more likely one of thoses things got in here, but if thats there case, theres no blood stains, dried or otherwise to indicate someone was in here.  Obi thought as CPL Ishizawa finished his sweep and moved past him to clear the next cell.  

Switching over to his Platoon channel on his comm, Obi called up LT Anderson as he stayed with his squad leader. Speaking quietly into his headset,   "LT Anderson, this is O'Brien, do you know who was being detained in these cells? Over."

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”