Remember that Aliens Flash Game?

Anything & Everything
Quinn
First Lieutenant

Remember that Aliens Flash Game?

Post by Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:27 am

I got everyone out of the first level alive. One Wounded. No incapacitated. Currently working on Operations. Everything is looking smooth.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Re: Remember that Aliens Flash Game?

Post by Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 am

Got out of Ops with everyone alive. Except for Burke. But no one cares about him.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 am

And lost everyone in the raid to save Newt. Dietrich, Wierzbowski, Drake and Frost made it out.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 am

Final count: 101 xenos dead. Alien Queen still alive. I definitely hurt her though. Pretty sure she only had 1 HP left...

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kbeir » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Nice, thats a hard one to play. But I like doing it when I need an "original" Aliens game fix.

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 am

This was the last computer game I played....I must have played it every day for months; it's INCREDIBLY addicting! :)

I once managed to beat every mission without losing a person.....but I didn't kill the queen. The best I ever did while taking out the Queen was losing 2 people.

One quirk I learned early...on the first map (the Reactor Room)...despite the odds; the chances of both Smartgunners hitting a target (regardless of the 70% chance) on the first drop is less than 1 in 4. Not sure why....but getting Drake and Vaz to both take out Aliens on the first turn is a cause for celebration! (And I know...because I played this game literally, HUNDREDS of times!)

If anybody doesn't know; this game is a computerized version of the Board Game (and its Expansion) created by Leading Edge (the same company who created the Aliens RPG game this site is based on) in the early 90s. Unfortunately; there were so few board games created; t hat trying to get one under 100+ dollars on line is VERY difficult....I've never been able to find one in decent shape for less than 150 bucks. I'd LOVE to have one though!

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 am

A good tactic I discovered is to "split the party". Apone, three pistols and flamer on the bottom level, and Hicks, two smartgunners and flamer up top. Forces the xenos to take two directions. Really helps. I only get messed up if the xenos drop right on top of me.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah it would be awesome if the person that made the flash game made new scenarios for it.

//N

Return to “Off topic”