paintballers, and laws.

Anything & Everything
rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

paintballers, and laws.

Post by rednus » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey marines.
Have we got any paintballers here? I love it and try to get out there every fortnight or so.

Get this: I live in Australia, If I wanna own a paintball gun, I have to have a 'catagory A ' firearms licence which then allows me to also purchase ....

SHOTGUNS.

I think we've got possibly the stupidest gun laws on the planet,
(if something is projected from a barrell, it is ILLEGAL here)

why would I bother with paintball if I can by a shotgun?

Also, gun crime has gone UP since port arthur massacre,
(the event which led the government to dis-arm the entire country)

Have a think about that next time you walk into wallmart and can freely buy airsoft and paintball goodness, you lucky, lucky americans.

I'M SO JEALOUS! :'(
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Re: paintballers, and laws.

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:06 am

*pets Tokyo Marui M-4A1*

Seriously those are idiotic laws. When firearms laws were loosened in the state of Florida of the U.S., violent crime SHOT down (see what I did there?) because a lot of criminals were suddenly afraid if granny was packing heat.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 am

The US has a declining violent crimes trend at the moment - However the number of killed police officers have increased drastically the last year.

Sweden have very restrictive gun laws as well. Me as a police officer and highest grade weapons instructor cannot even own a private gun without special permits!

Still it is very, very easy to get an illegal gun in Sweden due to our membership in the European Union which means open borders(!). We also have the old east block countries in the union and there are droves of weapons being brought in from there. An AK47 goes for around 10.000 swedish krona, which is around 1000 USD. And there is no problem getting one. We encounter them every now and then, pistols are becoming much more common as well. And not just eastern block guns such as the Zastavas and Tokarevs - We are talking Sig Sauers and Glocks here...

Scary

//N

Darkblade Bug
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Darkblade Bug » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:30 am

Allow me to put it this way.

Had I the funds, I could go out and get a Category B gun lisence, which allows me to grab a K98 Bolt-Action.

Yet, no matter how many gun lisences there are in my state, I am never, ever allowed to fire a paintball weapon down here. I can go out to my grandfather's farm and plug feral cats all I like, but if I wanna go paintballing, apparently I can get fucked.

Fuck you, Tasmania.

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:20 pm

LOL ! ;D
well put, Darkblade.
Our laws are so screwed up.

A few years back there was an 'Airsoft Australia' group trying to get it un-banned here...alas, they have failed and the community seems to have dried up and vanished (last time I checked)

Unfortunately, we live in a wierd old country where you can legally smash someones face beyond repair in tent boxing, but cant shoot small paint capsules at one another while wearing protective armour.

F-ing weak.

(Also Dark, book a holiday to NSW, I'll take you Paintballin')
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Darkblade Bug
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Darkblade Bug » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 am

If only I could, mate. Only just got a job and I'm saving for taking my girlfriend to the Melbourne Comedy Festival for her birthday. And for getting myself a motorbike. Later in the year though, I might hafta take ya up on that.

An yea, shame about Aus Airsoft. Our Tasmanian Paintball petition group's picking up speed though.

Return to “Off topic”