[AVP] Finished the Alien campaign

Anything & Everything
Sam
Private First Class
Private First Class

[AVP] Finished the Alien campaign

Post by Sam » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:32 pm

It may have been my imagination, but the Alien campaign seemed the shortest of the three campaigns in Aliens vs. Predator. Maybe I was just having too much fun. And playing the Alien, Six, was fun... most of the time.

Probably the most frustrating thing about playing Six was also the most interesting: her ability to climb onto any surface. I used auto-transition to simplify things a little bit, but would sometimes find myself turning in odd directions at the most inopportune moments. Clinging to the ceiling? Well, suddenly you're on the wall. That sort of thing.

When I was able to get into a situation where I was separating marines from one another and killing them off with stealth moves, the Alien campaign was a blast. It was less fun when facing off with multiple marines who could not be separated and having to run 'n' kill in quick succession to keep from being burned or shot to death.

From a story perspective I thought Six's wasn't half bad. Six gives Grid from Alien vs. Predator a run for his money in terms of craftiness, intelligence and simple deadliness. Killing three Predators in quick succession? That's one accomplished bug. Not to mention Six's uncanny knack for using the humans' machinery to good effect.

Finishing off the Alien campaign means I've reached the end of the single-player game experience. I've played a little multiplayer — as an Alien, coincidentally enough — and enjoyed myself, but I'd like to get together with a dedicated group and really see how the game is played with a steady collection of players.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Re: [AVP] Finished the Alien campaign

Post by Quinn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 am

I played multiplayer for a bit, and I've found that it usually comes down to the preds or the aliens, and if you're a human, you're boned.

The themed games are fun, like the marines vs. alien or the marines vs. predator. I enjoyed those.

Darkblade Bug
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Re: [AVP] Finished the Alien campaign

Post by Darkblade Bug » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:34 am

I only play as a Marine - I enjoy the challenge. I'll admit I prefer Infestation over all other game types, but stick me in Pyramid on team slayer and I become all but unstoppable. ^_^

Everyone and his dog seems to go pred, though, then plasma spam outta the wazoo. It's damn nasty if you're a poor ol' human.

Return to “Off topic”