Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:48 am

OMG!

DROP BEAR CALVARY!

Darkblade Bug
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Re: New players/readers!

Post by Darkblade Bug » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 am

No no no. Drop Bears would never allow anyone to ride on 'em - they'd kill ya as soon as ya try. Mate of mine 'ad a go at it once...poor bastard...

ANYWHO.

WOMBAT cavalry is where it is at. Basically, it's like a tank, but HARDER TO KILL.

Casey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Casey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hey people. Just dropping a line in to see how everyone/everything is holding up..! Good to see the gears are all lubricated up and everything is going smooth again..!

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Casey wrote:Hey people. Just dropping a line in to see how everyone/everything is holding up..! Good to see the gears are all lubricated up and everything is going smooth again..!
Giggity.

bigian84
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bigian84 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey guys just joined up, I posted another message somwhere but any way hoping to have some fun RPing.
PVT Michael McGregor 6'2 235 LBS
Equipment (At this time):
Pulse Rifle
VP70 Pistol
Grenades(8)
Flares(6)
Knife.

Nox
Private

Post by Nox » Sat May 07, 2011 2:58 am

Hey!

Just wanted to get back into Role Playing and found this site! Looks awesome and I can't wait to get to action. My character's name is Darren 'Nox' Chuvalé, a class clown kinda guy with a knack for people and with little respect for authority. I've never really experienced Rping under a GM before, but I'm really excited.

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Sat May 07, 2011 5:24 am

Greetings chuvale !

Welcome to the USCM.

If you have any questions feel free to ask as all of our members are extremely helpful and friendly. (well, MOST of us are friendly ;) )

This 'little respect for authority' may pose some problems though, I'm not saying we're all sheep, but it is in your characters best interest to follow the orders given to you.

We hope you enjoy your stay here and as a registered character you are now able to partake in the 'Mess Hall' until you are placed in a squad. Please read the guidelines at the beginning before doing so.

Enjoy,

-Red.

Nox
Private

Post by Nox » Sat May 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Don't worry, I am aware of that. I didn't mean for it to come across that he doesn't listen to orders ever just that he doesn't look to the higher-ups with respect, though he still follows orders. He's more the joking around, fun loving guy. He's still mulling over in my mind a bit as to how his personality will work. But ya, he'll follow orders.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat May 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Good idea Chuvale.

Anyway, welcome to the Easy Eights.

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kbeir » Sun May 08, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome Aboard!

Well to give you a real world aspect to it. In a military group (Marines for me) its often looked down upon when a new guy ("Boot") comes in all cocky or like a smart-alec. Many of the guys have been around the block a few times, many are combat vets. Usually the NCO's try to tune this kid in because he could get people killed because he thinks he "knows it all" (which you are want to do, you just finished MOS training and think you know all there is to learn, which is untrue but its not your fault).

In bygone days hazing new guys was common. My dad said while he was in (Navy, early 80s) they would do some drastic things to get the message through to a kid's head that their job was VERY important to the survival of the ship and teamwork was essential because if said kid panicked or acts like he knows everything and makes a wrong decision, the entire hose-team/repair team will die.

Its good to adopt the attitude you are gunning for, but usually this is done when you are no longer considered a "boot." Usually after your first deployment (in game case, "mission") as you will most likely have proven yourself and become "one of the guys." An RP tip would be to test the waters and wait until being "accepted" as not just another "dumb boot" and you can come out with the personality in full.

Regardless, again welcome aboard, and it looks like you want to be quite intense in the RPing aspect, which is a good thing, since its easier to "be" your character in a play by post RPG. ;D

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Wed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Welcome Aboard Nox! As a former player and GM for the site I just want to say all characters are welcome and they do liven up the storyline, but please note that sometimes the GM's take those quirks and use them to our advantage!!!!!! >:D

Kassandra
Private

Post by Kassandra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello... the stench of n00bness hangs around me like a shroud, apologies.

I've never tried anything like this before with the character sheet and so forth, so I'll do my best to see if I can navigate that :-)

Look forward to writing with you chaps

Cheers

K

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Didn't see this spot before, Guess I should say hi here as well. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to RP with all of you.
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Hey Quicksilver!

Welcome to the site!

//N

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Kassandra wrote:Hello... the stench of n00bness hangs around me like a shroud, apologies.

I've never tried anything like this before with the character sheet and so forth, so I'll do my best to see if I can navigate that :-)

Look forward to writing with you chaps

Cheers

K
Welcome to the game!

Return to “Off topic”