Turn 11 Down the Home Stretch

The 6th campaign.
Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Tyler slowly pulled back before stepping onto the drop ship with the rest of second squad. His pulse rifle fired a few more rounds before finally going dry. He had buckshot left, but first squad was still retreating and he didn't want to cause friendly fire, so he slung his M41A and drew his VP-70. He began firing, and he sent round after round at the oncoming xenomorphs.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 am

Simovic made his way to near the ramp of the dropship, still firing his Pulse Rifle with controlled burst. The remnents of Third, Second & the Command Squad were now pretty much aboard. H spoke into First Squads coms "Ok hit emm with Incendiary grenades and then fall back onto the dropship ASAP".

He then switched to the dropship comms channel. "Lt. as soon as the last mans on board get us the hell out of here"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Upon hearing the order to throw incendiary grenades at the xenos, Sixtus removed his grenade bandoleer, hit all the buttons at once and threw the bandoleer at the aliens rushing forward.

"GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!" he shouted, leaping into the back of the dropship.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Fox ran back towards the dropship. He got onto one knee and waited for the other squad to make it in.He would cover with a wall of flames if he had too. Then he ran in after everyone else falling back made it into the dropship. Fox stood there on the edge of the ramp to provide fire support just in case one the the xenomorphs would jump up onto the ramp.

"Im here Dirk. Covering retreat of squad one."
-=Tag Dirk=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Roberts was at the very back. He pumped out a few shotgun rounds, then tore off an incendiary and tossed it, then another. As Quinn's grenades went off, he emptied his clip as he backed onto the ramp and grabbed the support bar, as he let the pulse rifle hang loose from his shoulder. He was the last to climb aboard it. He pulled out his VP-70 and cocked it, as he called, "Everyone's on board, let's go!" He started unloading the VP into the xenomorphs.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Simovic shouted into the comms "Ok Lt. close the ramp and get us the hell out of here".

Simoivc then moved inside the droipship and checked the rack of monitors that displayed everyones bio signs. Nervously he checked the fate of the missing members of the platoon.

ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:21 pm

The doors slammed close as the word reached Lt. Thompson that the Marines were in the cradle. He dusted off and slipped out of the hanger when the exterior doors slid open.

"Sergeant what are your current orders?"
GM

Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:48 am

Pale Rider wrote:The doors slammed close as the word reached Lt. Thompson that the Marines were in the cradle. He dusted off and slipped out of the hanger when the exterior doors slid open.

"Sergeant what are your current orders?"
"Get us clear for now, and see if you can check the station plans and find another way in".

Simovic checked the bio readouts for the MIA's. Collins, Volgrand, Rose, Hollow, Schmitt and Spurlock all had accelerated heart rates. What was happening to them was unclear. He decided to see if any of their helmet cams were still transmitting video.

[Roll Intelligence?]
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:52 am

Dirk watched Dugan work the monitors. They were still alive.

"Dugan, I know I should not be calling you by name but this calls for it. Those guys are alive. Let me go in. One man, maybe two. We can move quickly and pull them out." Dirk said smoking his cigaret.

"Hay Foxy, If the sarge gives me the Ok you want to lose your smart gun fro a pulse rifle and go for a walk?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:51 am

Eric staggered off the ramp, and collapsed forward on the floor, all of a sudden very tired. He layed there silent, thinking about the men he had lost. Friends that had put their lives in his hands, and were now dead. Thoughts ran through his head. old fears and sadness flooded his mind as he thought back to that horrible day, now two years ago. He hated himself for everything that he blamed himself for. Then he heard Dirk say that the men were alive. He lifted himself to where he could see the monitors. "Sir, I.. I'm going too if they are. Two of them were my boys, and I'm not leaving them in that... Hell..." As he tried to lift himself to his feet, he fell back down, and a sharp pain ran up his left arm. He had just noticed it, but it had been bent when he tripped and rolled. "Quinn, what's up with my arm?"
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:26 am

Tyler exhaled a sigh of relief. It was over... for now. Then he heard Simovic. The MIA's were still alive. In truth, Tyler had enough of the Xenos. But the Xenomorph that grabbed him gave him a good sense of what the MIA's were going through, except they had it far worse. It was terrifying to say the least, and if something wasn't done soon, the MIA's would meet a horrible fate. They're good men and they deserve none of this bullshit

Tyler looked up to Dirk. "Lance Corporal, count me in! There are 6 guys we have to retrieve, we'll need all the people we can get. Hollow and Spurlock were my former boot mates, they're good guys, I want to help them, the other guys too".

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:"Hay Foxy, If the sarge gives me the Ok you want to lose your smart gun fro a pulse rifle and go for a walk?"
Fox looked at Dirk with a little discomfort. "I already used the quick release on the smartgun back at our mission site. Any how sure, gonna need one of those pulse rifles cause this flame unit just about out of ammo."
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:07 am

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks wrote:Eric staggered off the ramp, and collapsed forward on the floor, all of a sudden very tired. He layed there silent, thinking about the men he had lost. Friends that had put their lives in his hands, and were now dead. Thoughts ran through his head. old fears and sadness flooded his mind as he thought back to that horrible day, now two years ago. He hated himself for everything that he blamed himself for. Then he heard Dirk say that the men were alive. He lifted himself to where he could see the monitors. "Sir, I.. I'm going too if they are. Two of them were my boys, and I'm not leaving them in that... Hell..." As he tried to lift himself to his feet, he fell back down, and a sharp pain ran up his left arm. He had just noticed it, but it had been bent when he tripped and rolled. "Quinn, what's up with my arm?"
Sixtus wearily dragged himself to his feet, the adrenaline finally wearing off and forcing him to drag his feet over to Eric in order to examine the arm.

"Sorry man, don't think you're going anywhere for a while." Sixtus said, gently feeling the limb. "Right now, your left arm is out of action simply because it's broken."

Quinn looked up at the Sergeant with a weary look on his face. "Whatever we do sarge, everyone needs a little rest before we go back in there. Otherwise, we'd just be a danger to ourselves and everyone else in the unit."
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 am

Simovic stood over the bank of montiors checking the head cams of the MIA's, sweat poured off him as he tried to work out what was happening to them. "Bojan can you run a check on their P.D.T's try and get a fix on their position?".

Dirk Pitt wrote:
"Dugan, I know I should not be calling you by name but this calls for it. Those guys are alive. Let me go in. One man, maybe two. We can move quickly and pull them out." Dirk said smoking his cigaret.
"I hear you Pitt, I thinks its safer if we all go back in together though. I'm going to have to re-organise the squads, Jonnson will be joining 1st Squad, Bojan Second Squad, Honeysett will be overseeing the mission from here. Everyone grab whatever ammo and supplies you need".

Quinn wrote:
"Sorry man, don't think you're going anywhere for a while." Sixtus said, gently feeling the limb. "Right now, your left arm is out of action simply because it's broken."

Quinn looked up at the Sergeant with a weary look on his face. "Whatever we do sarge, everyone needs a little rest before we go back in there. Otherwise, we'd just be a danger to ourselves and everyone else in the unit."

"Roberts sounds like your grounded for this phase of the mission, I can't risk sending you back in this condition. I'll take temporary control of First Squad".

"I hear you Quinn but unfortunately time is one thing these boys don't have, as soon as the Lt. Thomspon can find another way back in we're rolling".

[O.O.C Apachtear is having some PC problems so I've put him out of the fight. Not sure whats happened to Con recently? If he's about he can choose a squad if not I guess we just assume that he stays put on the dropship due to being injured].
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:17 am

Dugan wrote:"I hear you Pitt, I thinks its safer if we all go back in together though. I'm going to have to re-organise the squads, Jonnson will be joining 1st Squad, Bojan Second Squad, Honeysett will be overseeing the mission from here. Everyone grab whatever ammo and supplies you need".
"Got it Sarge!", replied Tyler. He got up and walked over to where the ammunition was stored in the dropship. He grabbed all the M41A low velocity ammo clips he could carry, putting them into his magazine pouches, before finally jamming one into his rifle, seeing the red 95 come up.

He replenished the VP-70 magazines he used up. He still had 4 buckshot rounds in his launcher. On his webbing however, he was down to 4 buckshot from the original 8. This time, he grabbed 4 M60 incendiary grenades. He'd seen how devastatingly effective they were against the xenos when the other marines had used them.

Having replenished all his ammo, he decided to drop off some non essential gear to lessen the weight of the equipment he had.

Cooking utensils? What the hell am i going to do with these? Beat up a xenomorph with a pot?

Having gotten ready for deploying again, Tyler sat back down and took his helmet off, running his hand through his hair, trying to get some of the sweat off. He figured he's rest for awhile until it was time to move out.

"Lance corporal. I still have your motion tracker. Should I hang onto it or do you want it back?"

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”