Turn 4 Into the Great Sleep

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Date: August 22, 2081
Time: 0315

The techs scrambled around the interior of the USS Delaware, taking samples left and right, they slowly moved down the hallways of the vessel. The Operational Officer Hunter’s voice echoes eerily within the speakers of the marines and civilians:

“Technician Donaldson, to the hypersleep vault, we need an atmosphere sample on the double.â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Dr Ian Donaldson grinned with eagerness as he entered the room, just to see two of his best friends getting ripped up like they were made of air, screaming he pulled back, slapping and kicking at everyone in arms reach to make them pull back but he didnt touch the marines of course, letting them do what they do...
an Donaldson

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:37 am

Dirk looked and what he saw was like reentering his nightmares. They were here. Xenos. They were ripping the techs apart.

"Son of a bitch." He said out loud.

"Open fire. Take that fucker down. Stay in formation, and cover the techs as they fall back" He said knowing that the rest of the Dead shots were ready.

"Command, second squad. Contact front. We have a Xenomorph. We have engaged the enemy. Request support asap" Dirk yelled into the comm

Dirk opened fire on the xenomorph. His rounds flew as he held the trigger down.

"Jonsson, get on the motion tracker. I want to know if any more of those bastards are comming"

Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rayne Hollow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:49 am

fix this in a minute. sorry guys busy fix in a minute.
Last edited by Rayne Hollow on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 am

Roberts jumped to alert as he heard Dirk on the radio, talking about xenos. He stood there in shock for several seconds, then turned to his men.

"Men, full alert, we have enemy contacts! We're moving in to back up The Dead Shots! Ivanov, take point with the smartgun, Quinn, cover the front with the motion tracker. Schmidt, cover our tails, and I'll watch the ceiling. Double-quick time, move!"

He switches his comm so that everyone in the unit can hear him. "This is Second Squad, we're moving up to First Squad's position. Third Squad cover our back!"

As they begin to move forward Eric tells the men a little bit about the enemy, "Screw protocol, they're fast, pitch black, they can run on ceilings, and their blood is incredibly acidic, that's what burned my face. No joke guys, this is the real deal!"

(OOC: Roll for awareness, spot ambush)

(OOC: Isn't Rayne back with third squad, and therefore nowhere near the alines?)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:33 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Open fire. Take that fucker down. Stay in formation, and cover the techs as they fall back" He said knowing that the rest of the Dead shots were ready.[/quote]
Having initially run forward to to try to grab the crumpling technician, (roll?) Jonsson skidded to a halt, and almost fell over backwards, as much of a result of the order to stay in formation as the sight of another of the creatures revealing itself.

As the rest of his squad opened fire, he kicked himself backwards and opened fire as well, trying to kick himself out of range of the long, whiplike tails.

Even as he attempted to get back, he shouted out to the rest of his squad, knowing from experience that any newer members would appreciate any information they could get. "Stay way back, these things hit hard! Keep your distance and put your bullets to use!"
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Trevor Schmidt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trevor Schmidt » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]"Men, full alert, we have enemy contacts! We're moving in to back up The Dead Shots! Ivanov, take point with the smartgun, Quinn, cover the front with the motion tracker. Schmidt, cover our tails, and I'll watch the ceiling. Double-quick time, move!"

[/quote]

This was it, shit was hitting the fan now. As his squad moved out Trevor watched for anything coming from behind. His pulse rifle was still shouldered and ready to tear anything apart that threatened him or his brothers.

Through his head piece Trevor could hear gun fire and screams coming from the Alien sighting. It sounded like a fucking slaughter house.

He didn't know if it was true, or if it was his imagination but Trevor could have sworn he hear something scurry above him on the ceiling.
"Something's up there." he said.

(ooc: is something above me in the celing?)

b]Pvt. Trevor Schmidt
Rifleman
1st Squad "Cue Balls"
United States Colonial Marines[/b]
"Absolutly bad ass."

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 am

Huey wanted to kill his newbies as time went on. Pointing weapons at your own Marines, absolutely no fucking weapon control. He'd get after them later, for the time being they pushed forward and reached the freezers. After that, the term "all hell broke loose" didn't really mean much.

"What the fuck!" Huey yelled to the guys in front. Then he heard the sounds he remembered from his nightmares. "There in the ceiling!" He announced just in case anyone didn't notice. Always from the top they attack, they were true predators.

"Hollow, Rose what do we have on our tail?" He said turning towards the rear. "Cover our rear" He told his squad, bringing his attention to the rear of the formation.

pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 am

"flamers to the front" Con yelled "dont let them come any closer, make a wall of flame if you have to"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:21 am

Simovic's suspicians about this mission were proved correct when he saw the body of the leading tech crumple to the floor, through Dirks head cam. His main concern now was containment.

Simovic spoke to Honeysett his voice a little panicked. "Honeysett we can't let one of these fuckers on board the Costaguana, one of us two will need to help secure the hanger doors".

Simovic called up 3rd Squads comms. "Huey pull your squad back to the hanger doors and evacuate the techs. You can't let one of those things in here no matter what".

Simovic then tapped into the main frame trying to see if there was anyway the Costaguana could interface with the Delaware's and perform some sort of lifeform/ Bio scan.

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Volgrand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Volgrand » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:19 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]
"Men, full alert, we have enemy contacts! We're moving in to back up The Dead Shots! Ivanov, take point with the smartgun, Quinn, cover the front with the motion tracker. Schmidt, cover our tails, and I'll watch the ceiling. Double-quick time, move!"

[/quote]

Reacting to the orders, Ivanov advanced to the front of the squad, near Quinn. He was ready to react. If any alien appear near him, he will shoot it down.
-ROGER SIR! Lets go!

[OOC: Roll Listen, sense danger]
[OOC: Can I see any alien that I can shoot withouth harming any civilian?]
quot;Walk silently, and carry a big gun"

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:29 am

Sixtus got next to the smartgunner with the motion tracker visible to him. Right now he desperately wished he could hook it up to a HUD to leave his hands free for his weapon. He made a mental note to ask the comtech of the platoon to see if it could be done.
As they begin to move forward Eric tells the men a little bit about the enemy, "Screw protocol, they're fast, pitch black, they can run on ceilings, and their blood is incredibly acidic, that's what burned my face. No joke guys, this is the real deal!"
"So that explains the acid on your face." Sixtus snorted. "Corporal, when this is said and done, mind if I get a briefing on what the hell these things are?"

The medic kept his eyes forward, on the walls and on the ceilings. "And it wouldn't be the ceilings I'd worry about. It's the ventilation ducts. Harder to spot."

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:35 am

[quote=""Quinn""]"So that explains the acid on your face." Sixtus snorted. "Corporal, when this is said and done, mind if I get a briefing on what the hell these things are?"

The medic kept his eyes forward, on the walls and on the ceilings. "And it wouldn't be the ceilings I'd worry about. It's the ventilation ducts. Harder to spot."

[/quote]

Eric was watching the cieling. "Not up to me Private, we'll see. And where are the ducts? Shouldn't they be on the walls?"
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""][quote=""Quinn""]"So that explains the acid on your face." Sixtus snorted. "Corporal, when this is said and done, mind if I get a briefing on what the hell these things are?"

[/quote]

Eric was watching the cieling. "Not up to me Private, we'll see. And where are the ducts? Shouldn't they be on the walls?"
[/quote]

"Usually on the ceiling, but can run through the walls. On a starship, they can be anywhere." Quinn looked down. "Even in the floor, although that would be a maintenance grate. But how big are these things?"

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dwin Vo-Stray
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dwin Vo-Stray » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Rose nodded at Hollow’s mumbled response just as the first screams erupted from the vault at the head of the group. Spinning as his fear returned, the area erupted in gunfire and strained voices as the lead squads tried to engage whatever was up there.

From the comm chatter he tried to gauge what was happening when he heard a single word that turned his blood cold and he knew what was waiting inside that chamber. The one creature he had so much about, the only thing he never wanted to face.

Hearing his name calling down the comm, he shook his head to clear the numbing terror that was trying to grip him and answered the call, “Sorry Corporal, Motion and Infra-red trackers both read negative. We’re clear on the tail for the momentâ€
vt. Malcolm Rose
Medic
3rd Squad 'Break Shots'
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon 'The Easy Eights'
United States Colonial Marines

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”