Turn 18: Death from Above

The 6th campaign.
Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:18 pm

"Don't worry Petrova, Morse has things covered." Quinn said, finally digging out the bullet with a cry of pain from his patient. He dropped it into a plastic bag, and began on the work to close the wound itself. "Thanks for the offer though."

"Hey Marines!" Quinn called out to the entire dropship. "Everyone's alive! Good mission and well done!"

Then Erika caught his attention, her stare seeming to stare off into space, as though she were thinking about something. Quinn quickly sutured the man's leg, and wrapped a field dressing around his leg. "Don't worry Marine, you'll live yet!"

Quinn then crouched in front of Erika, holding her head up by her helmet, and began examining her eyes with a flashlight. ""How's the family, Private Hoffman?" Quinn asked soothingly as he checked how her eyes dilated.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Erika chucked.

She looked at Quinn.

"Ehi doc, I never had a family... I am still with you" she smiled "Do not worry about me, I am fine"

Erika is not a good lyer and she looked like somebody who was lying.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:34 pm

"Try again Marine, it's not washing." Quinn shut off the flashlight. "I seriously need you to be level with me, right here and right now. What's wrong?"
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 am

Morse finished up with the man, and he strapped him in. If he was awake, he wouldn't be awake for long.

He walked down the small little area, and overheard what Quinn had asked Erika. He walked down the little path way, and stood next to Quin and Erika

Its a bit of a thing Quinn, but nothin to be overly concerned about

<tag Quinn

One way or another people are gonna find out about this thing, its up to you how He said to Erika, and sat down in a seat next to them

<tag Erika

He figured he should be here for this, since he was the one that found out what it was first.[/b]
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 am

"Yo, Schrodder... you gotta blanket? It's gettin' cold and I'm tired of seein' your ugly face." Ward said, grinning at his friend.

Ward loved being the second smartass in the unit. He would be kind of lonely without another man to trade insults and taunts with before and after a mission. He sat himself up against the bulkhead, squinting in pain. He did not feel like laying down on the stretcher.

'Screw Doc's orders... I'm sittin' here whether he likes it or not.'

Ward glanced at Schrodder again and then grinned once more.

"This is gonna be one helluva debriefing." Ward said to his friend.

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:06 am

Petrova said, "No problem" to quinn. He sat and dozed off for a couple of seconds. Quickly, he awoke and made a grabbing motion with his hand. He relaxed. He thought there was a xenomorph on board, slaugthering everyone. When Erika lied, Petrova went over to Quinn and tapped him on the shoulder. When Quinn dropped everything. Petrova took Quinn to the side.
"I think it's Pitt. I heard that she was... Romatically involved with Pitt. That could be scuttlebutt, but still..." Petrova faltered and glanced in Erika's direction. "That could be the case"
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:58 am

Quinn listened to Petrova carefully, and then looked back at Erika. "If that is the case Erika, then you have my deepest apologies. I am truly sorry for what happened, and I wish there was something I could have done." he said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ward move off the stretcher. A flicker of annoyance crossed his face before he turned to look straight at Ward.

"Marine, if you exacerbate your current injuries, you will NOT be able to walk again! So if you get back on that stretcher right now, I MIGHT be able to convince the head doctor to keep you close to the platoon while you recuperate. If not, I'll give my recommendation that you be shipped back to Earth to heal up. You can talk perfectly well from the crash cart, and you'll be getting back up there one of two ways. One, you get up there yourself. Two, Morse and I drug you and haul you up there, and I restrain you there personally. Your choice." Quinn's voice had the quiet growl of not being taken lightly, and his eyes were cold as ice and hard as steel.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 am

"Yeah, well the stretcher does WONDERS on my back when you sit it on a nice cold metallic floor." Ward said, a sarcastic tone to his voice.

Ward looked at Schrodder and grinned, "Boy, do I get the star patient treatment, man."

Ward then mumbled under his breath, "Asshole..."

Ward slowly moved back into the stretcher, gritting his teeth while doing so. He laid down there and stared back up at the ceiling once more and sighed. What he would give to be back on the Costaguana right now. He did not particularly like sitting in the drop-ship awaiting their departure. He did not like being injured either, but that was another story altogether.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:51 am

[quote=""Morse""]...
He walked down the small little area, and overheard what Quinn had asked Erika. He walked down the little path way, and stood next to Quin and Erika
Its a bit of a thing Quinn, but nothin to be overly concerned about
<tag Quinn
One way or another people are gonna find out about this thing, its up to you how He said to Erika, and sat down in a seat next to them
<tag Erika
...[/b][/quote]

"Ehi, do not worry about me. I was thinking about the future." The she approached to Quinn and whispered something to him and added "and if you scream it around I will punch you doc..."

Then she looked at Morse and said "Thank you my friend" and she hugged his arm and put her head on his shoulder.

Tears came up to her eyes, and she said softly "I miss Dirk... I whish he was here..."
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:48 pm

"Yo, Erika... go easy, girl. He died fighting, just like any Marine should. I did not know the guy very well, but I'm sure he was one tough son of a bitch." Ward said, hearing Erika speak to Morse.

Ward's words of both truth and sympathy. He did not know the lance corporal for very long, but he had died fighting for his brothers and sisters in arms and most of all, his Corps. He died for the Marine Corps and for the safety of his brethren. Respects would be paid where respects were due.

Ward glanced over at the lieutenant and decided to ask the burning question within his mind. When they are leaving.

"Sir, when exactly are we lifting off?" Ward inquired, staring at their lieutenant.

Ward felt like utter shit. He just wanted to get back to the Costaguana, receive a clean bill of health, and get the hell out of the infirmary. He hated doctors and he especially hated infirmaries. They were not his thing. Once they said he could leave, he would be out of there in a flash and back to being his usual self. And hopefully he would be able to contact his fiance.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Jerome was dozing off most of the time he was tired from all the fighting and ward's noisy mouth wasn't helping him sleep better.

"Hey Petrova may i have some chicken?"

Man his stomach was killing him.
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Morse found himself in a rather, strange place again. He wasn't really sure what to do. He was doin all he could to try to keep what he found as much of a secret as possible. But one way or another word would be gettin out. The Luitenant was definately gonna have to know... if he didn't already. But now Morse didn't know what to do, because he had Erika on his arm with tears about to start streamin down.

Morse patted her on the head

I'm sure we all do, but don't dwell on it, were in the present, thinkin on the bad aint a good thing, just keep movin forward, and think on the tomara, that's what i do

<tag Erika

Morse actually didn't feel much of a loss as dirk died, atleast not nearly as much of a loss as some of the others did, he just really hadn't had any reason to feel a connection with the guy.

Morse considered opening up the book in his pocket, "the theory of Universalism". Granted it would be a very different religious prospective they'd ever heard, but it'd do something
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:05 pm

"I know what are you thinking, I have already spoke with the Sarge and Morrison told me to go speak to him as soon as we will be on the spaceship"

She hugged Morse even stronger while crying.

Erika decided to ignore Ward, he would come back to his girlfriend, on the contrary Dirk would not be with her anymore... the last image she had was his head being ripped off... she would not hear his voice anymore, look him into his eyes, hug him, speak to him, share with him her life like as they had planned, raise their kids...

She did not have the strenght to answer to such a stupid comment, he did not know and there were no reason that he knew anything about the deep relation among her and Dirk.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:23 pm

"thank god for that" Morse thought, because if she already told the higher ups he wouldn't have to do it, of course he'd probably have to give his report on it, but that wouldn't be hard

Morse continued to pat her on the head
It'll be fine, don't worry, but it'll be fine, we're all still gonna be here for ya

<tag Erika

Morse was really not sure what to do right now, he needed a drink, bad, thats the only thing he really knew at this point
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Erika looked at Morse. The pb is that she could not stop crying...

"Morse, let me cry a little more... I cannot stop... too many things..."

She sipped some water in the hope to calm down a little.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”