Turn 18: Death from Above

The 6th campaign.
Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:23 pm

"I guess I don't get a thanks. Alright... that's cool." Ward said, shaking his head slightly, "Give a word of sympathy and look what thanks I get."

Ward did not understand how he could be kind enough to try to cheer her up and she just plain ignore his comment. That was down right nice of him. He could have been a jerk and been ignorent as to how she felt, but it had affected him too. The man was his squad leader, even if it was for ten minutes. He had died fighting to protect his Marines. A fight that he had won, though most would claim lost.

Ward decided it was time to settle their problems. This was either going to be the smartest thing he ever did or the dumbest. Either way, he had to do it. Ward arose from the stretcher and knew he would get complaints from the Corpsmen there. He really did not care.

"Back off, Doc." Ward said, putting emphasis on the 'back off'.

Ward walked up to Erika and stood before her. His look was not of anger or malice. It was just of confusion, mainly.

"Look, I don't know if you've got a problem with me or not and I don't care. Dirk died, but he died fighting for all of us. You are alive because he gave his life for you. I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but if we are going to be in the same platoon, we have got to come to some common ground here. I am sympathizing with you and all you can do is ignore me? I try not to be an asshole and be nice to you for once and all I get ignored? Look, we are Marines. Brothers and sisters in arms. So how about you take a moment and think about this." Ward said, glaring at both Corpsmen in a 'back off or else' fashion.

"I'm tryin' to find some fucking common ground with you, girl. Dirk died fighting for his Marines. For us. You, me, the El-Tee, all of us. He sacrificed his life so that you could live. He sacrified his life so yours would not be taken. He fought a battle to protect his Marines and God damn it he won that battle. I know it's hard. He was temporarily my squad leader, you think it doesn't affect me? It does. It affects every Marine here, including the vets. It probably affects them more than you or I could ever imagine. That's all I gotta say," Ward said, than turned to lay back down, "I know, Doc. I'll be a good little boy."

Ward slowly but surely etched his way back to the stretcher and laid back down once more. He was surprised he even had the strength to arise and walk to Erika, but he had done it. If the Doc gave him crap for it later, than the Doc gave him crap. He did not care. He just wanted to settle whatever animosity had arisen between them once and for all. He did not know why she had acted like she did. He was never really mean to her. Obviously something was wrong with her and hopefully that talked her out of it.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:15 pm

"I was planning to get married with him!!!!!!!!!!!!" said Erika too loud then looking at him "Sorry man... I did not mean...... EHI but you should not stand!!!!!"

Erika grabbed him gently and accompained him to his bed.

"Standing in your conditions, that is stupid man, you should not have stood man, we do not need another death in a stupid way. In addition, your girlfriend is waiting for you, there is no need to have another woman cry here!!!"

Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Ward was almost stunned at what he heard. Fraternization between two Marines? Well... this was going to be an interesting turn to events. Ward held back a comment, which was flavored with smartass remarks. He really did not want to piss her off at the moment. He could tell she did not need it and shor Schrodder the 'not yet, man' look.

He hoped his friend would understand, which he was rather sure he would. There was a time and place for that and it was not now. It would be later, of course. And at a less dramatic time and place.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 pm

Morse was in a weird place, now that people were up, he reached into his pocket, grabbed his flask of whiskey, took a drink, and put it back before anyone saw. He didn't say anything this time, of course he reached into his bag and had a setative ready, in case anything got out of hand here, he could administer it quickly.

Ward, can ya just stay on the strecher,

<tag ward

he was looking from a medical prospective now, and it seemed he and Quinn both thought he shouldn't be moving
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Simovic had overheard most of the commotion, hell it was hard not too, he thought he'd attempt to try and get a little order. "OK people lets drop it for now. Corpsman carry on treating the injured, Erika go sit over with the Lieutenant, the rest of you able bodied Marines get those weapons stowed, take off is in T-minus 2 minutes".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Sam Winter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sam Winter » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:28 pm

OOC: I am sorry for the clutter, but I've been following the campaign and WOW. Erika and Dirk were going to get married? Damn. Isn't it not allowed between Marines in the same chain of command? And she's known him for like what, 10 hours in game?
rivate Sam Winter
0311: Rifleman/Designated Marksman
3rd Squad
-Deployed with the Easy Eights-

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:39 am

((Only if in the direct chain of command. If she was in a different squad, it's all good unless Dirk hit a promotion that would allow him to issue a direct command to her. Otherwise, it's technically not allowed, but most Militaries don't enforce it, because mixed gender units are going to do it anyway regardless of what you say.))

Quinn's face went through a series of contortions when Ward moved from his stretcher, but Erika got there before he did. He sighed, putting his hands over his eyes. Then something hit him, hard. He walked over to Ward's stretcher, and dosed him up on morphine to keep him down and to keep the pain from becoming to great. His medical chip would register the dose of morphine so any doctors treating him would know about it. After that, he strapped himself in his standard position, close to the stretchers.

"Sergeant, I'd like to make a request once we're back on Constaguana." he said over the helmet radio once he had strapped himself in. He set up his medical scanner next to him and locked it in so he could monitor his patient's vital signs. "In addition, Medical compartment is secure."
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:56 am

"OK sure thing Quinn, speak to me or Morrison when we get back and strap that marine down if he tries to get up again, last thing we need is him busting his stiches".

[O.O.C Erika has known Dirk Pitt since she did bootcamp as he was one of the bad guys they fought against in their 'fake' mission].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 am

[quote=""Sgt_Cartwright""]Ward was almost stunned at what he heard. Fraternization between two Marines? Well... this was going to be an interesting turn to events. Ward held back a comment, which was flavored with smartass remarks. He really did not want to piss her off at the moment. He could tell she did not need it and shor Schrodder the 'not yet, man' look.

He hoped his friend would understand, which he was rather sure he would. There was a time and place for that and it was not now. It would be later, of course. And at a less dramatic time and place.[/quote]

Erik cocked his head at what went on......
One second she is crying and Ward attempts to be sympathetic, than she gives him the bitch, he gets pissed, she helps him back to his cot. 'What..... The...... Fuck?' he slowly mouthed. Than it clicked. Erik slowly leaned over to Ward after Erika was at the other end of the dropship "Remember Ward, Hell hath no fury like a Woman's Scorn, espcially one that can carry an M56."

Hans Steiner

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 am

"Good point, buddy." Ward said, the morphine taking affect.

Ward sat there awaiting their departure. The last thing he wanted to do was stay on the hell hole known as the space station. They had been through enough and he had seen enough of this place for one lifetime. Ward hated being injured. He had always hated doctors and never did well in hospitals. That's why he tried to stay out of trouble that could break a bone or something. He did not do hospitals. Now he'd be stuck in an infirmary for awhile. That would be beautiful.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 am

Morse didn't get up from his seat at all. He just leaned back took another drink, and thought "why didn't i just stick with being a minister, had to go off and join the Corps." He had gotten really involved with the Universal Life Church years before joining the Corps, got himself ordained as a reverend, then tried out for the fly boy squad of the corps, then tried medical corps. Hell of a career choice.

He thought about how all of these things that were transpiring here and had just happened recently had worked out. It was like sitting in the back of an automobile wreck. You see the car in front of you, but you can't do anything, but sit there and wait for what's going to happen. You know it will, but have to just sit and wait for it.

And that's all Morse had really been doing this whole time, sitting and waiting in the back of this big automobile wreck.

Gotta love this shit Morse muttered to himself looking up at the roof, then tilting his head down.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:08 am

Erika did as ordered, and silently sat down near the Lt.

She poured some water on a napkin and she tried to wash a little her face.

She felt empty and without thinking she put her right hand on her stomach.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 am

Jerome followed orders and started packing the weapons
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 am

"Hey, Doc... I love this stretcher. You should try it some time. Real comfy." Ward said, his sarcastic tone of voice eminating throughout the drop-ship.

Ward HATED the stretcher. He did not see why he could not just sit up. It was his legs that were hurt, not his back. He could sit up if he wanted and that's what he did. He was not going to kill his back laying down. Even with the morphine in him, it was not a high enough doseage to sedate him or knock him out. Just enough to ease his pain and significantly slow his heart beat. Not much else. He sat there and looked over at Schrodder, a grin on his face.

"If I wasn't hurt, I'd have to kick your ass for not bein' there to stop the freakin' alien. 'Cause let me tell you, if the alien's claws and teeth didn't hurt, it's breath would." Ward said, then laughed at his own joke.

Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 am

Quinn looked up at Ward with a look of exasperation on his face.

"Private, I have full license from the Sergeant to strap you down if I have to. The purpose of you lying down is the same reason that we strap ourselves in for when the damn dropship takes off, so you don't go hitting your head and damaging what's left of your brain. And about the stretcher, I'm so terribly sorry. Would you want me to get a special civilian version for you? Because your comfort is my first concern you know."
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”