Turn 18: Death from Above

The 6th campaign.
Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:56 pm

Dugan wrote: Simovic took back his tracker and shoved it in a pocket. "I don't think there's much chance of any privacy here Hoffman, it might have to wait until we're back on the Costaguana"
"Sir, I need to talk with the Lieutenat. It is quite important" and then she whispered something to Dugan.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote: "Schrodder... I have something to tell you..." Ward said, then got closer to him.

As he got close enough, Ward smacked Schrodder in the back of the head. He chuckled and then put on a fake 'shocked' expression.

"Sorry dude! Force of reflex!" Ward said.
Erik chuckled a little bit "Asshole, you just wait until you get out of the infirmary and I can get ya back without feeling like an asshole"

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:"If I die... I want you to tell Marlene for me. If... I ever die in combat. And if I do, make sure you tell her I love her." Ward said, then attempted to grab his cross and pray, only to find it was not there.
Erik nodded for a bit and said "Hey Ward..... that sounded really gay." His face turned serious and he began to speak "Dont be sayin' that shit Ward, nothing is going to happen." After a short pause he looked up and closed his eyes. "Yeah, I will tell her that you love her. Now get some rest"

He leaned back against the bulkhead of the APC. The song changed from "Into the Fire" to "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. He closed his eyes, but he could not get the image of the queen out of his head. He reimagined his movements in the facility. When the song got to the its guitar solo he remembered the firefight with the queen. It was terrifying yet extremely well timed.
Hans Steiner

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Ward heard Schrodder's voice and nodded. He was thankful his friend understood and listened. The two were friends from Boot Camp and they both were wise asses. It was a miracle he met someone as cool as him. And the German accent was an added plus. He liked the accent of German's, though he much prefered the English accent over anything else.

Ward awaited Roberts' to hand him back his cross. He wanted to keep it for now and pray. There had been something there, invisible to them all. Almost like a guardian angel that had assisted them through the struggle. All of them had been fortunate to escape with their lives. The situation could have turned FUBAR quickly, but they managed to survive and escape. They had walked into the Valley of the Shadow of Death and they had escaped it. They had escaped Death.

(Please Save OOC Comments like the other one for the proper place)
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:34 pm

Erika wrote:
Dugan wrote: Simovic took back his tracker and shoved it in a pocket. "I don't think there's much chance of any privacy here Hoffman, it might have to wait until we're back on the Costaguana"
"Sir, I need to talk with the Lieutenat. It is quite important" and then she whispered something to Dugan.
"OK Hoffman I understand". Simovic then moved over to where Morrison was stood and spoke to him quietly.

[O.O.C in the circumstances I think Hoffman addressing Simovic with the correct terminology would be pretty much at the bottom of his list to be concerned about].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Erika looked very nervous... she was even more scared than while facing the aliens.

She was staring at the two men...
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

(Oops, sorry Jerome. I meant Ward. Oh well! You gets to ride on my special cart! :twisted: )

With his back turned to the man, Quinn said aloud "Ward, stay on that stretcher before I come over there and kick your ass. And for the love of the Corps, STAY LYING DOWN."

Quinn finished working on Jerome as the Dropship's engines started whining up for dust-off. Then Morse told him about the hit in his shoulder. He looked down at it, and shrugged. Immediately following that was a grimace of pain. Bad idea...

"I'll be fine for now. We have more seriously wounded men to look after here Morse. They deserve the first attentions, then the rest of the Marines. Then maybe AFTER we can look to ourselves. That's the way it goes." Sixtus went on, putting some burn ointment on another Marine's arm after having washed it out with water.

When he heard what the sergeant said, Quinn finished up on his current patient. "On it sarge." Now, the dropship had lifted off and was headed back for the Constaguana, so Quinn had to brace himself as they left the artificial gravity of the station. Walking over to where Morse was, Sixtus gave the patient a visual look-over, and checking on the scanner that he carried. "The man's in shock, but stable. Strange, normally those two don't go well together. Constaguana, this is Private Quinn, I want an MRI unit ready to go in the infirmary."

"Give this man a head to toe scan." he muttered to himself. "Morse, get a blood check done on this man." he didn't quite snap, but it was a voice filled with authority nonetheless. Quinn opened the eyelids of the man to check for dilation.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 am

Jerome saw the saved marine and a flashback came to him clutching ward's pulse rifle he was prepare if the marine starts acting strangely.

"Hey Quinn, i hope that lucky marine isn't smuggling anything 'inside' him"

img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:47 am

"That's what the MRI is for." Quinn said. "If there's a way we can get it out of him, providing one is even in him, we can put him in cryo and get him to a good hospital."

Nevertheless, Quinn loosened the catch on his pistol's holster.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:50 am

Morse heard Quinns request, he complied of, Quinn had been a medic longer then Morse had. He grabbed his med bag, and took a quick sample from the marines arm

The test showed normal for the most part. Adrenaline levels were up a bit higher then normal, of course that was expected from anyone that had come out of a situation like they did.

His blood pressure is a bit high, and his adrenaline level is up, but over all nothing way out of the ordinary. I'm gonna administer a Neural scan, see if the guys still sane or not

<tag Quinn

He put a small scanner up to the mans head and waited for it to finish
Last edited by Morse on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:40 am

Erik grabbed for a small wallet sized picture in his front pocket. "Awww shit!" he muttered as he pulled the image out to find it burnt to a crisp from the acid. He put it back in his pocket and waited for the dropship to make it back to the constaguana. "How fast are we going? Half the speed of smell?" Erik said, the past few minutes felt like an eternity.

Hans Steiner

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 am

((Morse, we're not back on the Constaguana yet, just on the UD-4L dropship headed there. And Dire, acid burn just melts stuff, doesn't actually start any fires or anything like that.))

Quinn finished looking over the man's eyes. "If he isn't a little shaken up by what happened to him, then he isn't human."
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 am

(ooc: sorry bout that, i was getting all screwed up by some of the posts, i editted the last one btw)

Honestly, wouldnt suprise me in the least if this guys fried up top

<tag Quinn

He continued to wait the neural scan to register
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 pm

"Ya me too.Could you imagine what he went through?"

img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:40 pm

[quote=""Erika""]She was staring at the two men...[/quote]

"Why are you eyeballin' me private?" Morrison snorted "help the corpsmen, or park your ass out of the way." he spat some brown goo towards his feet "once we're aboard ship, and the gear is policed away- you are to report to my office, got that?"

"Simovic, Eagle- get your sections in line. This is taking too damn long."

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Eric remembered the Cross, and handed it back to Cartwright. "Thanks bud." he said, seeming distant.

(OOC: I'm sorry guys, I'll sit out the next campaign. Maybe I'll be better later.)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”