Turn 18: Death from Above

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:58 pm

The battle was short and vicious but the Marines were more vigilant than the last time. There were no casualities but plenty of walking wounded. They were able to make their way back to the barricade and into the awaiting Dropship.

(OOC: I know this was contrite, but I am swamped with multiple things going on.)

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Erika was shaking and she felt very tired.

Nevertheless, she looked for the Sgt and she went to him.

"Thank you, sir" she said giving back the tracker, then she added "I need to talk with you in private, sir"

Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Screaming Eagle walked at the end of the line.

"Ok you apes. Get on the Dropship and lets bug the fuck outta here" He shouted to the walking wounded Marines
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 am

Morse finally reached the rest of the Marines, and saw the injured being walked forward

Alright, what can i do, who's messed up, if ya need it i got a strecher

<tag anyone wounded
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 am

They'd done it. They were alive. It was as if the platoon had defied all odds, but they were done with this hell hole, and they were alive. But at what cost? Several good men lost. He sighed, We were bound to lose at least a few with an operation like this.

Tyler's wounds weren't too serious, just more acid burns, this time on his legs. But he was so damn tired, having gone into the station twice and being awake for who knows how many hours, that he couldn't feel the burns much.

He slowly walked up to the dropship and dropped himself into one of the seats near the equipment he had left here earlier, moving all of it towards him with his feet. He let out a deep breath and leaned his head back, waiting for the rumbling of the dropship to kick in, the final signal that they would be leaving.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 am

Ward slowly awakened, the sedative beginning to wear off. He regained consciousness moments later and looked around and saw Schrodder hovering over him. A comment immediately popped into his head.

"I know I'm pretty, but could ya back off a bit." Ward said, grinning at his buddy.

Ward looked around and found he was in the drop-ship. He released a relieved sigh. He had enough of that place. It was hell and if he had to go back down, he would have probably needed to kill someone. Preferably, the company commander who had sent them down there in the first place. Ward arose slowly and gritted his teeth from the abdominal pain. He managed to sit up against the stainless titanium-A wall behind him.

"Yo, Quinn... if you tell me I'm goin' to the infirmary I'll kick your ass." Ward said, grinning at the man.

Ward saw the Gunny board the vessel and the back ramp slowly arise and seal. They would finally be leaving, which he sighed in relief once more for. He was glad they would be back on a friendly ship, though he would rather have his feet planted firmly on the earthen ground of a planet than the metallic floors of ships and space stations. It was just how Marines were. They wanted solid ground beneath their feet. Ward especially.

((OOC: Also, just for future reference, you never call non-commissioned officers and anyone below the warrant officer and officer ranks, 'sir'. Just for everyone to know.))
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am

[quote=""Sgt_Cartwright""]"I know I'm pretty, but could ya back off a bit." Ward said, grinning at his buddy.

[/quote]

Schrodder smiled "heh, only in your mind Ward.... only in your mind." He sat down in the chair and brought the ear peice of his MP30 music player to his ear, Erik just wanted a little background noise to add some atmosphere to the dropship. Erik kept the left ear peice out of his left ear so that he could still hear.

Erik loved the classics from the 20th and 21rst centuries; Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bon Jovi, and Disturbed to name a few. Closed his eyes and let the song "Into the Fire" by Disturbed drown out the images of the beasts.
Hans Steiner

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:53 am

Morrison spat at the dropship's hull, and counted all the Marines for the fourth time. He still couldn't believe that they made it through in one piece- bloodied but unbowed. Looking at Screaming-Eagle in disbelief, he stuck a lump of dip under his lip, and shook his head.

"Doesn't get much worse then that, does it?"

He then walked over to the corpsmen, who where toiling at stretchers, and tending a few Marines sitting down.

"You nurses should notify the android exactly what we'll be needing, prepwise, before we get aboard."

"The rest of you can either help, or sit still, quiet as fucking church-mice and out of the way. Once we're docked, wounded gets off first, then walking wounded- then you lot will clean this mess up, and police all your gear. I want reports for lost items in by..." Morrison took a quick glance at his wristwatch "1700 hours. That will be all." Morrison flashed the Marines a grim smile, as he scratched his broken nose.

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:33 am

"Schrodder... I have something to tell you..." Ward said, then got closer to him.

As he got close enough, Ward smacked Schrodder in the back of the head. He chuckled and then put on a fake 'shocked' expression.

"Sorry dude! Force of reflex!" Ward said.

Ward's expression then turned to seriousness. Joking aside, he pulled out a picture of his fiance that he had shown Schrodder once before. He sighed and put it back in his pocket.

"If I die... I want you to tell Marlene for me. If... I ever die in combat. And if I do, make sure you tell her I love her." Ward said, then attempted to grab his cross and pray, only to find it was not there.

Ward looked up and saw Roberts'. The memory of giving the man his cross played across his mind. He would need to have it back now that they were out of The Suck. He slowly arose and nearly fell back down, but was able to walk. He walked over to Roberts' and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Yo, buddy... can I have my cross back?" Ward inquired, then decided to add some humor to it, "Pwetty Pwease?"

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:38 am

Quinn himself had also sustained an injury during the fight, a ricochet having caught him in the shoulder. He knew he felt pain there, but with all the blood on his uniform, he couldn't pinpoint the wound. He'd have to inspect it later, as he still had wounded to attend to. He didn't even note that there was some blood dripping from the wound.

"Injured secured and ready for dust-off. And Jerome, you are going to the infirmary if you want to be in this platoon again. You'll be out in about a month though, your armor caught most of it." Quinn inserted an IV into Jerome's arm with ease that spoke of how many times he had done it.

"And we got our Marines back." he added quietly.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:02 am

While Quinn was dealing with the wounds on Jerome, Morse dealt with informing the andriods what the 2 of them would need to fix up the wounded when they were back on board the ship. He hopped on a radio, and started giving a long list of different surgical equiptment, and medication they'd need.
Bone Regrowth Unit, Tissue Regenerator for skin damage, Life Support and organ health moniters, Nueral Analysis moniter, Multiple blood test units, A console for read outs on all of the marines in this platoon, wound staralizing equiptment, surgical tools and surgical arms, anti biotics, pain killers, as many cell booster drugs as we got, a box of steralized surgical gloves, and a bottle of whiskey from out of my equiptment locker. Morse said into the radio to the recieving andriod on the ship.

He assumed that would be all they would need to fix all of the wounded. Who kept everyone in mind, even those that were injured prior to the last run into the station. With any luck they would the rest of em back up to 88% in no time.

As Morse was moving back to take a seat he noticed Quin was bleading from the shoulder. Quinn didn't seem to notice, and he wondered if he should mention it to him. So Morse decided he'd just tell him

Quinn, were gonna need to treat your arm before we fix up the rest of the injured when were back on the ship

<tag Quinn
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:47 am

OOC:since when was i seriously injure? i though ward was the one covered in acid spray, i was just dragged mostly bruises.

"Hey quinn after what happened i don't mind relaxing in a soft comortable bed"

Ahh it was a nice news JEROME IS GOING TO THE INFIRMARY but another though came to Jerome he wouldn't get any action.
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 am

After an intense fire fight in the engine rooms the forward Marines had managed to hold their own. Simovic found out later that a few Xeno's had tried to attack the barricades from the rear and Roberts, Schroeder and Jonnson were able to keep them at bay.

As they all fell back to the barricades the last Marine through had blown the claymore dispatching a few of the Xeno's pursuing them. The Sentry Guns placed outside the hole and around the dropship had racked up a few more kills as well.

When the men were back safely aboard the dropship Simovic's concern fell to the rescued Marine. "Quinn or Morse I want you to do a full health check on this Marine".

Simovic then put his hand on the Marines shoulder "Don't worry your safe now, one of the corpsman will be able to fix you up. By the way, who are you?â€
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Morse just moved right past Quinn, he didn't wait for his responce to the statement he just made to Quinn. Morse walked over to the rescued Marine. First thing was first, he pulled out his med kit and took a blood sample. There was a few acid burns on his arms. He started over looking him, but he didn't want to wind up breaking any of the man's bones in the process

Are you hurtin anywhere Morse asked the rescued Marine

<Tag Pale Rider
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Petrova was in shock, sitting against the wall, with his smartgun locked near him. He had no injuries, but he was damn sure that he was the one who hit quinn in the shoulder. He would never tell. He hid his emotions very well.
He fell asleep, tired. He woke up again. When ever he closed his eyes, he had seen the xeno coming at him. He cradled his head in his hands.

(Weird... how I've been the last poster for the last few turns.)
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”