Out of the Pot and into the Fire

The 6th campaign.
gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Sat May 17, 2008 4:10 pm

"Lets better get to them b4 it become a flat line."

But jerome wasn't planning to let that happen.
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote: "Yo, I say it was a bullshit draw. You know I woulda won! Right, Schrodder?" Ward said, grinning.
Erik, still focusing on what he was doing, did not turn his head back to talk to Ward & Petrova, but he still spoke to them "Yes you were kicking the living shit out of Robo, until the Master Guns called it a draw"

Dugan wrote: "Already done so, they are still alive just with elevated pulse rates".
This broke Schrodder's concentration, he wondered why the xenos would go through the trouble of taking the Marines, it did not make any sense. "Dugan.... Do you know why they took the Marines? It does not make sense to me that they would take someone just for the hell of it." He thought about it some more "Are they smart enough to use them as hostages or something? To lure us down here and cut us down?" Erik almost thought out loud
Hans Steiner

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 pm

"Schrodder... if that was the truth, I think no one would be goin' down there. These guys have obviously dealt with these bastards before. I dunno why they take people, but obviously, we are goin' back in to take 'em back out. Oorah?" Ward said.

Ward kept checking his corners and the overall environment. As they shortened the distance between them and the MIA Marines, his feelings of misfortune grew steadily. He had a very bad feeling about this. Though, he did not want to lower the morale of the others, he would have to tell someone. As he moved, he located Roberts' and spoke to him in a whisper.

"I got a bad feelin' about this." Ward whispered.

Ward then closed the distance between himself and his squad, regrouping with them. He kept a three meter spread from his squad in case something like a grenade went off, they would at least not all get hit. He was putting his shoulder lamp to excellent use, illuminating dark corners and scanning areas with dim illumination with his Pulse Rifle. If anything attacked him, he would hit them with ten millimeter caseless armor piercing rounds.

(roll sense danger, shoulder lamp, find hidden objects)
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sat May 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Dugan wrote:He then clicked the command channel open. "Morrison whats the plan, any particular formation? Initially we were going to use some Sentry Guns and Claymores to place outside the nest and then send in a squad to draw out the Xeno's into their fire arcs, while another squad grabbed the MIA's".

"Sounds good to me" Morrison spat at the deck "but let's not set things in stone until we know the lay of the land down there. If situation permits, we'll go with the previous plan. If not, we'll do something else. I'm thinking one reinforced squad for extraction, and one to provide overwatch. Any of you got suggestions, now would be the time." he answered back, knowing that all the people from Lance up would hear him on this frequency.

The closer they got to the hive, the more tense Morrison got. He didn't appreciate this one bit, he never had liked going up against them, he much preferred the brutal intelligence of human-on-human combat.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sat May 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Erika was with her squad covering her squad as it was her duty.

(roll detection)
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sat May 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Fox woke up right before the briefing. As he awoke he drew his Vp-70 out and aimed at the blurry image above him. His vision began to come back and he realized it was the android. He slotted his Vp-70 and relaxed. He slammed his fist on the floor making a bang, when he heard that they were going back, and rested his hand at the spot he lay. He got up after the android finished the job on his legs. He headed directly to the weapon stash and grabbed a Pulse rifle and loaded a fresh clip into it. Turned it on and watched the meter shoot up. He took an extra Vp-70 and restocked all of his ammo. He was ready to redeploy.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun May 18, 2008 1:13 am

Petrova didn't saying anything, becoming silent again. The marines got lucky the first time, and he was sure that they weren't going to get lucky again.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 am

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:"Schrodder... if that was the truth, I think no one would be goin' down there. These guys have obviously dealt with these bastards before. I dunno why they take people, but obviously, we are goin' back in to take 'em back out. Oorah?" Ward said.
"Oorah! leave no man behind" Schrodder said, practically yelling the first part. He still did not like going down there though, the whole station had an off feel to it, it gave him that strong urge to run the other direction, he dared not though it would mean certain death for him, and he was no coward. Those things were probably watching them right now. Erik scanned anything that could possibly fit one of those things. He was scared shitless, that was good, it made him more alert and aware.
Jocke wrote: Any of you got suggestions, now would be the time." he answered back, knowing that all the people from Lance up would hear him on this frequency.
"Sir, I am no tactician, and I have no clue about Human-Xeno warefare, but what if we put up a layered defence in the hall way, set up a clay every 10 feet or so, and as the horde approach one, we blow them to peices and grenade the hell out of them while they are recovering, wash....rinse....repeat."He paused a second, and added in another part. "Just throwing an Idea out there... but I have to be honest, I know nothing of how these things fight compared to you veterans." He began to think a little more, if these things were intellegent enough to hold the MIAs and not kill them, they would definatly be intellegent enough to stop advancing and flank the squad after a few claymores martyred the door knocker xenos.

Erik shrugged and said "I guess that we would then have to retrograde to a choke point and pray to god that we took most of them out with the claymores. We will definatly take more casualties outta this...... but I am not sure what else we could do." If there were a helluva lotta aliens then this probably would not work, but then again, if there were a helluva lotta xenos, the only plan that would work is blowing the shit out of the station from a safe distance. "The first plan is good, but we will have to climb 16 flights of stairs with those things nipping at our heels, they move 10 times faster than us anyways, and we would be dragging any WIAs and the MIAs behind us." Erik could be a class clown one second and be a realist the next. He would really prefer the 'blow the shit out of the station, ask questions later' at this point.
Hans Steiner

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Sun May 18, 2008 10:27 am

[quote=""Jocke""]
"Sounds good to me" Morrison spat at the deck "but let's not set things in stone until we know the lay of the land down there. If situation permits, we'll go with the previous plan. If not, we'll do something else. I'm thinking one reinforced squad for extraction, and one to provide overwatch. Any of you got suggestions, now would be the time." he answered back, knowing that all the people from Lance up would hear him on this frequency.

[/quote]

"Sir, would it be possible to deceive the Xenos? I mean two androids could be sent on the upper stages of the station and make a lot of noise to the Xenos go there while we will be here, in the lower levels of the station? In this way our force ratio would be better for us. I mean, less Xenos around"

Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 pm

"Ward u always got a bad feeling"

But Jerome too feels a bad feeling.But he brush the feeling off he knew now that they knew how the xeno moves they are more prepared.
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun May 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Erika wrote:
"Sir, would it be possible to deceive the Xenos? I mean two androids could be sent on the upper stages of the station and make a lot of noise to the Xenos go there while we will be here, in the lower levels of the station? In this way our force ratio would be better for us. I mean, less Xenos around"

I dont like that idea much, you've seen how fast them things run, they'll kill the Andriods in a heart beat, and then they'll come pouring down on us. Also we dont even know if they'll take the bait, and fall for that. But the biggest thing im concerned about is, if somethin goes wrong down there, and more then one a you gets really messed up, i cant put 2 a you through surgery at once

<tag Erika and Lt Morrison

Morse knew he had just completely shot down Erika's idea, but it was for the best, because he wasn't God, he could fix all of them with a snap of his finger
Jerome wrote:Ward you always got a bad feeling

Hey i seem to remember one or two of his bad feelings being right

<tag jerome and Ward
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 18, 2008 6:09 pm

((OOC: Jerome, I WHISPERED that to Roberts'. There is no POSSIBLE way you heard me say that when it was to Roberts' only and it was a whisper. Unless you have superman hearing. But, I'll let it go.))
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 18, 2008 6:15 pm

"How about we all stop makin' suggestions and shut the hell up. Let's let the command team decide, for God's sake. The more we open our mouths, the more we give our position away. And I already gotta bad feeling, don't make it come true." Ward said, getting annoyed with all the chatter.

Ward was actually being good this time. He barely opened his mouth since they redeployed and it was only give to SITREPs mainly. That run-in with the xenomorphs changed him a bit. He understood why the more experienced of the Marines were so... nervous. They knew what those things could do and the FNGs had got a first hand look at the aliens' furiousity.

Ward kept scanning the area, looking for something out of place. Something large like those monstrosities were. Something distinguishable within the darkness by its size, if it could be seen. Luckily, he had his shoulder-lamp to illuminate the area ahead of him. Something he was grateful of.

(roll detection and sense danger)
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun May 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Dire Wolf wrote:
This broke Schrodder's concentration, he wondered why the xenos would go through the trouble of taking the Marines, it did not make any sense. "Dugan.... Do you know why they took the Marines? It does not make sense to me that they would take someone just for the hell of it." He thought about it some more "Are they smart enough to use them as hostages or something? To lure us down here and cut us down?" Erik almost thought out loud
Simovic continued moving up with Roberts squad, keeping his eyes peeled for the slightest movements. He answered Schrodders question on the platoon channel for all to hear "We're not actually sure but we did find the remains of the U.S.S Deleware crew who'd been eaten or something by them. Half their guts were ripped out. Everyone, we should be coming up to two boxed sentry guns we ditched earlier in the retreat pick them up when you locate them".

[Roll Sense Danger]

He then switched his comm unit to the command channel.

Jocke wrote:

"Ok no problem. I also have a few blocks of explosives if you want to rig them up".
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sun May 18, 2008 11:04 pm

"Yeah, that's awesome Schrodder, cept that this" Morrison knocked at the wall "is a pressurized hull. The less explosives we use, the better. Besides, claymores are a nasty habit anyway. There's only so much metal between us and nothing, know what I mean?"

"And as far as sending in the droids..." Morrison said to Erika "...that idea falls on the simple premise that they're a bit too valuable to us right now. We are going to need their knowledge here." Morrison spat at the wall.

"Yo, Chief" Morrison barked over the net "here's what we're gonna do- your team, reinforced by my hooligans here, are gonna go down into the nest. Rest of you loiterers will help Simovic set up a perimeter, so we can get out quickly, if need be. Both of ya got that?"

<Tag Screaming-Eagle, Simovic"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”