Turn 14 Hell hath no Fury Like a Woman Scorned

The 6th campaign.
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon May 12, 2008 7:11 pm

(OOC I could not resist...Dirk Pitt's death)

Dirk saw the Queens clawed hand too late. It swung and caught him across his unarmoured chest, knocking him to a knee. He felt the blood flow out of his body as he heard Winter get hit aswell. This was it. This was the moment that he was born for. This was the monster that had haunted his dreams from the first moment he had seen them. No, he thought. Not like this. Not on my knees. Dirk slowly raised to his feet. His face set in grim determanation. The thought of falling back crossed his mind and was thrown out. She wanted at the 8th. She would have to pass over him to get at them.

"No. You're not getting at them you fuckin bitch.." He gasped as his lungs filled with his blood "You're commin with me." He shouted at the screaming queen.

He started fireing again as she moved forward into his fire. The two were close. Queen and Marine. She tried to hit him again but he was ready this time. He ducked quickly under her hand and poured round after round into her. He knew that he only had a few moments before he would fall.The Queen fell first. He could tell she was not getting back up. The smaller xenos were shocked into retreat as their Queen lay dieing. He had won. It was a fair trade for him.

Dirk turned and faced his friends. Roberts and Fox were still fighting. Jonnson was on the attack. Erika's smart gun was balzeing. Tyler was calm now as he fought. The LT and Dugan were rallying the men. He sank to his knees . A slow smile crossed his bloody lips. The 8th was his familey. He understood everything his father had always tried to tell him about the Corps. It was all so clear now. How could he not have known all this before. He wanted to tell everyone,. but he couldn't say anything.

The Queens mouth seemed to move in slow motion as it snapped shut on his neck. The light started to fade and darkness crept in on his vision as he watched his friends win their fight.

Then light. Light everywhere. He was in his blues now, Taking his place with the other Marines. He looked back one last time.

"Semper Fi, guys He said. Then he was gone
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Mon May 12, 2008 7:28 pm

"Fuckin'... aye, sir..." Ward said, his anger showing.

He was pissed. Everyone in the platoon knew it. He could not believe how FUBAR his first mission had been. He was not in this platoon for five minutes and he watches a fellow Marine get his head taken clean off, another few injured, and another who faints. He loved the Corps and his brothers and sisters in arms, but there was only so much one man could take. No one said his first mission had to be easy, but damn. They never said it should be suicide. If he survived, he would be amazed.

"What a first mission this is..." Ward whispered under his breath so only Schrodder could hear.

Ward carried the stretcher, with the assistance of his friend, Schrodder. The two would have to keep moving with the platoon. He did not want to get ambushed. The last thing they needed was more bodies. There entrance had been a mistake. A huge mistake. The lieutenant should not have brought the extra reinforcements down there. It had only caused the situation to deteroriate and give the aliens the chance to attack. Maybe Pitt would not have died. Maybe he would have lived. The what ifs were always a plague in his mind. His anger turned into a slight depression. He felt that it was his fault that a Marine they all had liked was now nothing but a headless corpse. He hoped no one else would notice this, though somehow he believed Roberts' was looking at him and understanding what was going on.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Mon May 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Petrova continued walking, looking up at the ceiling, making sure that nothing came from there.

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon May 12, 2008 10:21 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:Ward carried the stretcher, with the assistance of his friend, Schrodder. The two would have to keep moving with the platoon. He did not want to get ambushed. The last thing they needed was more bodies. There entrance had been a mistake. A huge mistake. The lieutenant should not have brought the extra reinforcements down there. It had only caused the situation to deteroriate and give the aliens the chance to attack. Maybe Pitt would not have died. Maybe he would have lived. The what ifs were always a plague in his mind. His anger turned into a slight depression. He felt that it was his fault that a Marine they all had liked was now nothing but a headless corpse. He hoped no one else would notice this, though somehow he believed Roberts' was looking at him and understanding what was going on.
Roberts noticed the new guy who had offered him all the help when Dirk had died. Dugan had snapped at him a second before. He saw on Ward's face a look similar to his own. He walked up next to him, still keeping his eyes on the surroundings. "Hey Private, I know it hurts when someone dies, but you'll get used to it. On my first mission I made friends with a marine in our group named Penny. One of these things dropped down on her. If it had dropped a second earlier, she would be here, not me. But instead she's probably crippled for life. I've lived with that ever since, and I want you to know that war doesn't make sense, it doesn't care. Just know that you did your best, and don't worry about Dirk."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Mon May 12, 2008 10:37 pm

"Thanks... and the name's Ward. Jonathan Ward." Ward said, his spirits uplifted a little more.

Ward kept hold of the stretcher and moved in sync with Schrodder. He still despised this mission and whomever sent them on this mission. To have the audacity to send these men to their deaths like that was something he could not - and would not conceive.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue May 13, 2008 3:01 am

Ward was pissed, that much was certain. It seemed as though there were only a few of em that were still moving in as good of a mind set as they had been. The only reason Morse was really any kind of upset was because of all the injuries they had sustained.

Morse was really most concerned about Erika, as she was the only one of that seemed injured but was still moving around on her own.

the others were all being assisted on there way out. But they wouldnt be there much longer

and Morse would do tests on them on board the ship and fix em when they go there

Dont worry guys, i'll have you back to 75% in no time

<tag wounded, or anyone who wants to say somethin
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Tue May 13, 2008 4:57 am

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:"What a first mission this is..." Ward whispered under his breath so only Schrodder could hear.

Erik looked back at Ward with a Grim look on his face "Let us not make it our last"

Morse wrote:Dont worry guys, i'll have you back to 75% in no time
Erik wasnt pissed, he realized that he had a particularly nast case of the 'what-if-alitus' but he figured that Dirk would want them to carry on and glass the Alien bastards while they are helpless. "Only 75% Morse? I have a feeling that we will need more than that before the day is over." He almost said this part to himself, but he did not realize that it was loud enough for the Eights to hear as well, "Only the Dead have seen the end of War"
Hans Steiner

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue May 13, 2008 5:25 am

Morse had a reason why he always said he'd have the people back to 75% and not 110%. It was bassically a statement of realism and a joke at the same time, he was mocking the saying of 110%, and he was stating that he might not get them back to full working order, as modern medicine could only do so much. And Morse wasnt really into giving people false hope, atleast with 75% they would maybe get a short laugh, but understand Morse would be tryin his hardest

Well if that's the case Erik, then i hope i dont see the end of this war

<tag Erik
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Tue May 13, 2008 5:48 am

As they move on Jerome open each as quickly as his can while checking his motion detector for any movement in front.Upon reaching the elevator jerome overwrote it to their favour.

"Come on guys hurry in."
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Tue May 13, 2008 7:32 am

Petrova continued to cover the ceiling. He waited for some other grunt to go in first.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Tue May 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Erika sood with Petrova covering.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Tue May 13, 2008 9:29 pm

gunstealler wrote:As they move on Jerome open each as quickly as his can while checking his motion detector for any movement in front.Upon reaching the elevator jerome overwrote it to their favour.

"Come on guys hurry in."
Simovic moved up behind Third Squad still keeping his eyes peeled at the dark corridor behind. Over hearing Hor speaking he replied on the platoon channel "The lift is out, all the power was cut we need to take the stairs. 16 floors up to be precise!"

Simovic pulled out the handheld radio device that was used to remotely detonate the explosives, speaking again into the platoon channel "Fox I'm detonating my explosives now, you may as well do yours too. FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

[O.O.C I'll only detonate the demo explosives if I judge we are clear of the blast]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Tue May 13, 2008 10:31 pm

"Roger that!" Ward yelled.

"Yo, it's about to get a little bumpy, Sam." Ward yelled.

Ward was prepared for the loud 'boom' that was soon to ensue. He hoped it would slow down the xenos, even if only for a few minutes.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Wed May 14, 2008 1:11 am

Tyler Ishizawa wrote:"I got him. Somebody carry Hoffman, we don't have time to wake her up!". Tyler went over and picked up Fox, putting him over his shoulder. He then jogged over to the lieutenant and the rest of the marines.
Thanks Tyler, do me this last favor. Remind me to buy you a drink if we get out of here. Hope I can still walk after this injury. I already know my legs are gonna look fucked up. Fox chuckled. the two morphines injections where getting to his head. He was feeling loopy. Then he passed out cold.
-=Tag Tyler=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Sam Winter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sam Winter » Wed May 14, 2008 1:11 am

"OK" muttered Sam "As long as you guys shut up long enough to watch my back" He then smiled, to show no hard feelings, but it was hard to maintain his good humor. His leg was split in.. two, basically.
rivate Sam Winter
0311: Rifleman/Designated Marksman
3rd Squad
-Deployed with the Easy Eights-

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”