Turn 14 Hell hath no Fury Like a Woman Scorned

The 6th campaign.
Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Fri May 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Ward had received several acid burns, but luckily survived at the expense of some of his armor. He saw Winter and shouted, "CORPSMAN!" and raised to his side.

"You okay, buddy? May I be the first to say, you look like shit." Ward said, attempting to lighten his spirits.

Ward turned around and saw the headless corpse of Dirk. He ran over to his corpse and stared at it. He seemed to have zoned out, but he was well-aware of his surroundings. This man had been a good Marine and he could tell. He did not have to know him long to be able to tell this. He had lost his life to a giant alien and went out like a Marine.

"Alright, I know you're gonna say this is above my paygrade, but WHAT THE FUCK WERE THOSE THINGS?!" Ward bursted out, angry at his superiors for a lack of intel, "I want to know what the fuck those things are and my rank be damned, I'd rather know what the fuck I'm dealing with before I get acid sprayed on my ass!"

Ward was angry. Both at himself and at his superiors. He had not received full intel on what these 'xenomorphs' were and he had let a experienced Marine die. He knew it was not his fault, but it felt like it to him. He arose, his body responding with cries of pain. He ignored these cries and walked over to Schrodder, one of his buddies from Tiger Platoon, since he had to retake boot.

"Erik, how ya holdin' up? You gonna be alright?" Ward asked, patting his buddy on the back.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri May 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Tyler sat down and leaned against a wall, exhaling a long breath. He'd been hit by acid on his right leg and his left arm. Over the course of the battle, he had to discard his chest armor and his right leg armor when they came into contact with the acid. Luckily, his chest was fine, but some of the acid made it through to his leg.

He looked around, and he froze in shock when he saw what lay in front of the dead queen; Dirk's decapitated body. He was in disbelief. The very marine who was just moments ago alive was now gone. It was the first time Tyler had seen a comrade dead before his eyes. It was hard on him, but the marines still had a job to do. And if they didn't succeed, then Dirk would have died in vain.

Seeing Morse and Quinn busy tending to the others, he figured he'd try and treat his wounds himself. He leaned over to grab his webbing, which he had dropped with his armor, and was fortunately intact. Reaching into one of the pouches he grabbed his personal med pack and pulled out bandages and anti burn creme.

Taking the creme, he put it onto the acid burns, immediately feeling a jolt of pain go through his body. He tried his best, but couldn't help but grunt every now and then from the pain. But it finally came to an end, and he finished by wrapping his wounds in bandages.

He stood up, put his webbing on, and walked over to the main group.

"Everybody alright? Who needs medical attention?".

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote: "Erik, how ya holdin' up? You gonna be alright?" Ward asked, patting his buddy on the back.
"I'm holdin' up fine, Ward." Erik said as he slowly stood up. "I hate to do this, but we need the ammo... Please make sure I dont get my face ripped off by those things" He said as he painfully walked over to Dirk's corpse, he hated be reduced to this.

He pulled the magazine out of Dirk's M41.... empty. He then took some grenades off Pitt's webbing, the ones that werent slagged from the acidic blood. It was obvious that he was in some pain, but he walked back without a limp, as if nothing was wrong. "Morse, my legs got fucked up from whatever that xeno blood was made out of. I'm gonna need some attention here pretty quick." Erik gave the grenades to whoever was around him.

"Im pretty sure Dirk would want us give this to his mom or something." He said as he gave the Dirk's Ka-Bar to the El-Tee.

(00C: I remember Dirk wanted to have a Ka-Bar in his personal items slot in one of the posts. I can easily modify the post if I am wrong, but I have no time to check. (-.-) work)
Hans Steiner

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Eric's eyes grew wide as he watched his best friend in the world, who he had known since boot camp, murdered before his eyes. He kept clicking off the pistol rounds until it was dry. He loaded in another clip as his heart sank. He raised the gun to his head in shock. Tears began running down his filthy face. Then after a few seconds he lowered it and tossed it aside. He walked up to Dirk and fell to his knees. He stared at the spot where his friends blue eyes should be, but there was only gore. His tears ran down his face and dripped onto the floor. He reached out and took the dog tags that were tucked into his armor, and with the other hand reached into Dirk's pocket, where he kept his zippo lighter. He took it out, cigarettes scattering in the bloody mess, and looked at it, remembering the first time he had seen it, when he got to boot camp. He slid his hand through the blood, and made a red cross on his chestplate. Then he stood up and staggered back towards the others, saying goodbye to his friend in his head.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Fri May 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Ward walked over to Roberts and grabbed him by the arm to get his attention. He could tell the man was hurt.

"Hey man, go easy. Look, I didn't know Pitt but... I could tell he was a damned good Marine. Hell, probably one of the best. Don't beat yourself up though... he wouldn't want that." Ward said, patting the Marine on his back reassuringly.

Ward then pulled out his cross necklace and kissed it. He was praying to the Lord silently that he came out of this alive and that no one else died. He had just witnessed his first comrade die and though he did not admit it, it struck him hard. He had just been taking orders from and talking to the man minutes ago, before he was brutally murdered by that large monster. He could tell a lot of the platoon was affected by this casualty.

"Rest in peace, Pitt. Because now, you are guarding the streets of Heaven... as a Colonial Marine." Ward said in a low voice.

Last edited by Sgt_Cartwright on Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:Ward had received several acid burns, but luckily survived at the expense of some of his armor. He saw Winter and shouted, "CORPSMAN!" and raised to his side.
Morse was the first one to respond to Ward's shout for a Corpsman. He pulled out his cantine, and handed it off to Ward and said

Here use this, pour it slowly onto peoples burns, it'll slow and stop the acid

<tag Ward

He had already injected himself morphine as he was in a bit of pain as a result of the burns on his right arm and leg.

He crouched down next to Williams and pulled out his medical bag. He could tell that the most damage had been done to his leg. He injected Williams with morphine and began to see what he could do. So Morse touched the wound and began to figure what could be done. When he touched it, he could feel a slight bit of shaking inside, like if you were to shake a cup of crushed ice. The bones in the mans leg were really damaged like nothin he'd ever seen. He took a blood sample, and checked his heart rate. His blood adrenaline was flowing, normal, for this kind of thing, so that was atleast some good news

Well, theres no simpler way to put it, your leg is fucked, were gonna need to get you to medical, were gonna have to lay you down on the stretch Morse said

<tag williams

Morse had seen the tail hit his leg, it was a really hard hit, but he was suprised at how much damage it had done. Morse cleaned the cuts that the hit had made, and wrapped his leg with medical wrapping, to alteast give the leg some kind of support

Thats about all i can do for him here, we gotta get him on this stretcher and get him the hell outa here, and into medical

<tag those that will lift the strecher
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Fri May 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Ward nodded to Morse and strode over to Winter and followed the instructions given to him. He could tell it was stinging Winter like hell.

"What's the matter? Sting like a bitch?" Ward said jokingly.

(roll first aid)
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm

Jonsson looked in awe at the headless corpse of his friend. It was hard to believe what he had seen. He walked up to the body after a short time as Roberts staggered back to the group. He was in a lot of emotional pain, but he bent over Dirk and pulled the Colt M1911 out of its holster at Pitt's side. "Goodbye Sir" he muttered under his breath, wiping a tear out of his eye. Then he turned to see what use he could be as he tucked the side-arm away. He went to help with the stretcher.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Sam Winter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sam Winter » Fri May 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Sam gasped suddenly. The last thing he remembered he had been firing non-stop at those... creatures, pouring lead into them while the other Marines attacked the queen. They were beginning to pull back and then the queen got close, and oh shit! he thought. He opened his eyes and tried to look down towards his leg, it seemed strange, somehow bent awkwardly. That's when he realized that his leg was almost completely snapped.

Sam abruptly became aware of both Cartwight and Morse bent over him, trying to fix him up. He looked up at Morse and Ward, and tried to tell them thanks, but he couldn't get the words out. After building up his breath for a minute he gasped out thanks to them. Seeing Erik reaching for ammo from... was that Dirk? Oh Jesus thought Sam Dirk died right next to me. Shuddering from revulsion only made his leg hurt worse, so Winter tried to pull through. He looked up at Ward, Let Morse do it... take my M41 and... grenades. The pain made his sentence come in short gasps. Saying this, Sam let the M41 fall out of the death grip he had on it, and drew his sidearm.

Everybody looked shocked by Dirk's death, several of the veteran Marines looked like they were close to tears, or actually crying. Even though he hadn't known the man, Sam couldn't help but feel respect for a man who earned such emotion from his Marines. After a short coughing fit, Sam looked up at Morse and asked the million dollar question: You're gonna get me outa here, right?
rivate Sam Winter
0311: Rifleman/Designated Marksman
3rd Squad
-Deployed with the Easy Eights-

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Fri May 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Ward took the ammunition and Winter's M41A, though he only took the clip out and kicked his M41 back to him.

"You might need it for later, so keep it so you won't have to requisition a new rifle from command." Ward said, stocking up on his ammunition.

He then gladly took the grenades and attached them to a bandolier he had acquired. He felt a little more secure. Ward then walked over to Roberts yet again, to see how he was. He may have been a lance corporal, albeit, a damned good one, but he did seem hurt bad.

"How ya holdin' up, man?" Ward inquired, staring at the Marine.

While awaiting a response, Ward pulled out a picture of Marlene and smiled slightly, than hid it within the confines of his trouser pockets'. This was no time to reminise about past experiences and ogle at his fiance's beauty. He had a job to do and so did every Marine around him.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat May 10, 2008 12:10 am

Sam Winter wrote:Marines. After a short coughing fit, Sam looked up at Morse and asked the million dollar question: You're gonna get me outa here, right?
Morse knew he was gonna get him outa there, they just needed to try to get him to medical as soon as possible to fix his leg

Course im gettin your lazy ass outa here, you'll be back to 75% in no time, as long as i can get someone to help me get you onto the fucking strecher, Ward can ya gimme a hand here

<tag winter and Ward
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sat May 10, 2008 12:17 am

"Sure." Ward said, running up and helping Winter onto the stretcher.

"Holy... man, your ass is heavy. You've been eatin' more of that cake, haven't ya?" Ward said, smirking.

Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sat May 10, 2008 1:06 am

Seeing that the others were handling Sam's wounds no problem, Tyler stood guard. Turning his motion tracker on, he waited to see if he could pick anything up. It was eerily quiet, the only thing he could hear was the ticking of the tracker and the voices of the marines behind him.

He looked down at Dirk's body again. The pulse rifle was still grasped in the man's hand. Tyler wanted to leave the body in peace. But his flame unit was dry and all he had was a VP-70. Dirk's pulse rifle could mean the difference between life and death for Tyler.

He reluctantly stepped over, dropping his flame unit on the way, and reached out to the pulse rifle. Before he could touch the rifle, he froze, it didn't feel like the right thing to be doing. Looking back, he saw Sam being lifted onto the stretcher. We're gonna need all the firepower we can get if we want to get him out of here.

Tyler then picked up the pulse rifle, gently taking it out of dirk's hand. Before he stood up, he whispered, "Rest in peace Dirk".

Tyler then stood up, and walked over to the main group. On his way, he took his Omamori, his Japanese good luck charm, and clutched it tightly, whispering a prayer in Japanese, asking the spirits of the Ishizawa family to protect him and his fellow marines.

Tyler talked to the Marines. He was still in a state of shock, and found it difficult to talk properly."Guys.... guys, I uh...... I need some pulse rifle.... pulse rifle ammo. Can...... anybody uh, spare a clip or ttt...two? And, what..... what about dirk? He...... deserves a proper burial."

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat May 10, 2008 1:11 am

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:Ward then walked over to Roberts yet again, to see how he was. He may have been a lance corporal, albeit, a damned good one, but he did seem hurt bad.

"How ya holdin' up, man?" Ward inquired, staring at the Marine.
Roberts looked like he came out of a trance and jumped. "Y-yeah, I'll make it. I just.. I'll make it." he looked down to his belt. "Where's my damn gun?" he said, looking around. The new marines wouldn't know it, but Roberts didn't swear, and rarely had let one slip in his career as a marine.

At Ishizawa's remark he looked to the body. "Tyler, hook him up to my combat webbing, on my back.. I'm no good with my busted arm anyways."
Last edited by Corporal Hicks on Sat May 10, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Sat May 10, 2008 1:13 am

Erik stumbled forwards, he sat against the wall with his knees bent enough to allow his arm to suspend his m41. He aimed down the corridor where the corpse of the queen was.

He felt like shit.

He looked at the more experianced marines, the ones who no doubt have been through thick and thin together. Now one of them is dead. He felt as if he should be dead, he would gladly have traded his life for Dirk's. He almost wanted to just sit there until the xenomorphs comeback for them to snatch him away. His thoughts turned into a spin, he thought of the reaction he would have at home, his soon-to-be fiance, his parents, his siblings, his friends, what would they do? He shook his head to clear it out.

"Uhh Corpsmen, after your done with Winter, can you try and patch me up? My legs feel like they are on fire." Erik said, his legs got roasted pretty good, luckily the brunt of the Acid flew on his chest plate, giving him time to get it off. Or he wouldnt be living to call for a medic. He bowed his head, mouthing a quick prayer for Dirk to find his way to the pearly gates, and also for the Easy Eights, we stirred up the hornets nest and lived to talk about it...... for the moment.

((OOC: Did y'all completely ignore my above post?))
Hans Steiner

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”