Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

The 6th campaign.
Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 04, 2008 6:47 am

"Yeah, I back up and it goes for Pitt. I don't think so." Ward said, shouting over to Morse.

Ward kept scanning the area. He could have been seeing things. He wasn't sure. But, he was not about to bring his guard down. That was a fools decision and he was not about to do such a thing.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Quinn » Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 am

Quinn slowly turned around to look at Privates Morse and Ward. His glare was sufficient to freeze most people's insides. He matched his gaze with Petrova, but when Eric talked to him, Quinn went back to what he was doing. Now that the Corporal was here, he'd take care of the FNGs and allow everyone else to do their jobs.

Quinn didn't say anything, which is probably what made him scarier than most.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am

Petrova saw the glare from Quinn. He shrugged it off. He had recieved many glares because of his ethnicity. Apparently, nobody liked the communists anymore. He sauntered over to Hoffman.

"I'm freaked. Are you?"
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Ward was not at all intimidated by the glare shot from Morse. He had seen worse and was worrying about worse. A simple glare was not going to scare him or make him nervous. He already WAS nervous. Though he hid it well. He had never faced such monstrosities before. Hell, he had never even heard of these things before.

'Corporate secrets, Jon. Probably some fuckin' monstrosity thought up in a corporation laboratory.'

Ward shrugged the thought off. Whatever these things were, they were dangerous. He did not even have full intel on what exactly the bastards were. All he knew was that they did not show up on IR, blended in with the darkness, and were more than like quickly. Oh, and that they were dubbed by some of the men as 'xenomorphs'. Sounded scientific to him. Though, he was a grunt. What did he know? He may have been an intelligent individual, but he was not THAT intelligent.

Ward scanned the area, still wondering if he had actually seen anything. His mind could have been playing tricks with him. Though, he was sure it hadn't. The last thing he needed was calling out false targets. Ward glanced over to Pitt and calmed down a bit. At least he was with a veteran Marine. Maybe he was not so bad off after all.

"Yo, Petrova, cut the chatter. The more you open your mouth, the more of a chance you give our exact position away." Ward whispered to his buddy.

Ward really did not want the aliens alerted to their presence in their current confusing situation. They would just fall back, get in the drop-ship, and get the hell out.

(roll sense danger and observation)
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Morse » Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 pm

After Morse saw Quinns look he started to get more of an understanding of the situation. He stopped talking after that. He was a bit intimidated, but it wasnt as much because Quinn didnt seem happy with em, it was that if Quinn was this tense then maybe the situation was worse then he thought. But hell, thats ok, if anythin happens to any a the guys, Quinn and Morse would have em fixed up and back to 79% in no time. And yet still Morse was feelin a bit uncomfortable with everything that was goin on around him

Ward and Dirk were movin up on an enemy that they couldnt see, but could deffinately see them, The trackers were screamen enemy's everywhere, And he was starin at a wall.

It was just after that he thought, to hell with this wall watchin crap. He moved to a position somewhat in the middle of the group. He had a good position to cover Ward and Dirk, so if anythin happened he have a good shot to help em out, any way he could.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by gunstealler » Sun May 04, 2008 4:45 pm

As the motion detectors kept screaming Jerome ask whether we would need back up.

"Sir just asking do you think we will need back up and it there anything u need me to transmit to HQ?"

OOC:i am not sure whose incharge in the group now?
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dire Wolf » Sun May 04, 2008 5:06 pm

It seems like all of the other new marines were having friendly chat while these.... things were good-an pissed at them. Erik stayed quiet and kept his eyes peeled for anything that had the impulse to impale him or his fellow marines.

Hans Steiner

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Erika » Sun May 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Erika nodded at Petrova.

The scream had awakened a female basic instinct that put Erika outside the normal feelings... her maternal instinct overcame her... she was in a fight and she will do everything to protect her friends.

She put herself in a position to protect Jerome the comtech.

(roll scanning and detection)
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Ward kept searching for a target. He hoped to the Lord in Heaven that what he had seen was only his eyes playing tricks on him. Though, somewhere deep down he knew he had seen something. Something terrible. A monstrosity praying for his death. Somewhere in the darkness. He could feel its very eyes set upon him. It made him nervous. The feeling of being watched thick within the air.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Morse
Captain

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Morse » Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Morse couldnt see a damn thing, other then what the lights showed, and that also didnt show a damn thing.

Ward, you see anything, i cant see shit back here Morse said quietly towards Ward

<tag Ward
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun May 04, 2008 9:52 pm

"Petrova, you get to watch the ceiling, and take it seriously. Those things can come from anywhere." Roberts said.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dugan » Sun May 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Simovic looked around to see if Fox had finished rigging up his explosives, when he noticed that the crazy bastard had ignored orders and had moved into the engine rooms on his own. Switching onto the command channel he spoke "We have a major situation here, Fox has headed into the Engine Room on his own, if he doesn't get back up or leave now he's a dead man".

Simovic then moved up to the doorway his Flame Unit at the ready he peered into the gloom trying to illuminate the interior with his shoulder lamp. Clicking his comms to second squad he spoke "Fox fall back now, thats an order!"

[Roll Sense Danger]
gunstealler wrote: OOC:i am not sure whose incharge in the group now?
O.O.C at present the Platoon Leader is Lt Morrison (our old Commanding Officer W.O Honeysett is having some internet connection issues and is sitting out this mission on the dropship). I am the acting Platoon Support Sergeant (sort of second in command).
Last edited by Dugan on Sun May 04, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun May 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Petrova nodded. "Hurray, I get to watch the ceiling"
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Sam Winter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sam Winter » Sun May 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Sam had been standing next to Lt. Morrison for most of the time, more like crouching actually. His first operation and it looked like it had gone tits up. In addition, he was pissed at his fellow recruits, it looks like they had learned nothing in the various service schools they had been to since Boot Camp. Erika and Jerome still talking all the time, Morse and Ward still fighting and not paying attention, and the rest of them trying to be macho by ignoring the warnings of the more experienced Marines. Oh well, somehow it would work out. Sam was extremely nervous, and hoped that he would spot these 'things' before they ever showed themselves. He peered into the gloom and prayed that he would be able to get shots off before they were overrun. Upon hearing the confusion about a Marine named 'Fox' over the com, he turned to Lt. Morrison.
"Sir, are we going to get the prisoners or not?" He asked, eager to have a clear mission plan in his head. Still though, Military Intelligence is known as an oxymoron for a reason.
rivate Sam Winter
0311: Rifleman/Designated Marksman
3rd Squad
-Deployed with the Easy Eights-

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 pm

"God damn it!" Ward exclaimed and patted Pitt on the shoulder to signify him to look at him.

"Pitt, we need to get Fox. I'll go get him. I know, I know, I am an FNG and probably a stupid one, but I'm not leavin' the man!" Ward said, then ran in the direction of the dark engine room entrance.

This would be suicide. He had no shoulder lamp. Anything that lingered in the darkness would have a full advantage of cover and concealment while he was basically out in the open. He pushed past Sergeant Simovic and found Fox finally, after searching for some time.

"Come on, buddy. If your ass is gettin' chewed out, so is mine. But we are gettin' out of here. I don't like leavin' these guys behind either, and I never even met 'em. But orders are orders." Ward said to the man.

Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”