Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 pm

The Marines working systematically made their way through the hallways, occasionally finding resistance in the form of aliens. Their ammo was running low when they finally broke through the outer lines of defense. The hallway on the left presented them with a chance to rearm. The Alliance's Defense Unit assigned to the station had a storeroom according to the map three doors down. They were exactly fifteen feet from the door when the tracker began to scream out its warning.
Sixty feet further down the tunnel the marines were able to just barely make out a door leading into the first level of the Engine Rooms.

Doorway to Hell

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Sweat poured down Dirk's face. The smoke and the screams of those things had filled the way to the missing men. Looking at his pulse rifle he saw the counter read 44. That was his last clip. Damn he thought.

The tracker went off. Moving over to Tyler Dirk saw they were on the way again.
"Ok second, We need to rearm. Lets haul ass to the store room double time." Dirk said as he made his way to the store room's door.

"Fox, cover me. Tyler watch our backs. When I get the door open and vheck it out you all follow me in. We'll seal the door and load up. We can fight our way out and get moving to our guys

Dirk reached out and opened the door, looking all around the room

(OOC Roll sense danger and find hidden object)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:12 pm

The napalm in Tyler's flame unit was down to about 30%. He'd used up a fair amount keeping the xenos at bay with the flames while the other marines cut the creatures down with 10mm fire.

Taking up a position behind his squad, he held his tracker and the foregrip of the M240 in his left hand, while he kept his right hand on the trigger.

As the xenomorphs got closer, he listened as the ringing of the motion tracker got faster and faster. He tightened his grip on his weapon, already covered in sweat from his hands.

He didn't have too much hope about what was in the store room. After all, the local militia was using outdated weaponry, doubtless that the ammunition was incompatible with the pulse rifles. Better than nothing I guess.... He hoped that there would at least be a flammable substance he could use to refill his flame unit.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Hunk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:04 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Sweat poured down Dirk's face. The smoke and the screams of those things had filled the way to the missing men. Looking at his pulse rifle he saw the counter read 44. That was his last clip. Damn he thought.

The tracker went off. Moving over to Tyler Dirk saw they were on the way again.
"Ok second, We need to rearm. Lets haul ass to the store room double time." Dirk said as he made his way to the store room's door.

"Fox, cover me. Tyler watch our backs. When I get the door open and vheck it out you all follow me in. We'll seal the door and load up. We can fight our way out and get moving to our guys

Dirk reached out and opened the door, looking all around the room

(OOC Roll sense danger and find hidden object)[/quote]

Fox spit on the floor. Cracking his own neck jerking side to side. The sweat covered his uniform. Dirk how about you give me the ammo you have and a couple of guys. Meanwhile you go stock up on the armory. I doubt there is time left. Even a better Idea have the first squad pass there ammo to us. They go and restock while we make it out with the guys. If they should encounter resistance in the armory they should at least keep one clip to themselves. While we make it out with the men, the other squad is fully loaded with god knows what, and first squad covers our retreat?Fox began to cover dirk's actions. "Its either aye or nay it don't matter. Just a thought."
-=Tag Dirk

(OOC-Command)

Fox made sure his block of M662 Munition Charge was ready. "Just give me the signal Dugan."
-=Tag Dugan
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dugan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:22 am

The two squads had continued their decent into the bowls of the station, there shoulder lamps casting eerie reflections off of the bulk heads, every strange object potentially could be an Alien. Death for them was so close and yet the men were all still acting like professionals even under this immense anxiety. As they exited the stairwell led by Second Squad and made their way towards the engine rooms Tyler's motion tracker started to scream out. Simovic moved up with his squad, Quinn's tracker also showing the same reading.
Dirk Pitt wrote: "Ok second, We need to rearm. Lets haul ass to the store room double time." Dirk said as he made his way to the store room's door.

"Fox, cover me. Tyler watch our backs. When I get the door open and check it out you all follow me in. We'll seal the door and load up. We can fight our way out and get moving to our guys

"Hold your position we won't make it in time the Aliens will reach us before we get to the store, we need to fight them off before re-arming".

[O.O.C PR I'm not sure how you want to do this as I think I would have said this before Dirk got to the door, but if not I carry on my actions regardless]

"I want the firepower to be focused ahead and to the left side of the corridor, me and Quinn will handle the one on the right. If you can't see them, Tyler use your flame unit to burn the ceiling, those bastards like to crawl around up there. Keep shouting out the Aliens distances".

Hunk wrote:
Fox made sure his block of M662 Munition Charge was ready. "Just give me the signal Dugan."
"It's OK Fox just let your gun do the talking for now, we may need that later, hit them with some Incendiary grenades if you can be sure it won't injure any of us". Simovic pulled two grenades from his webbing and handed them to Fox.

Moving to a crouched firing position Simovic aimed his Flame Unit ready to pour molten napalm when the Alien on the right moved within 20 feet.

[O.O.C Roll Sense Danger and Heavy Weapons if required. I've re-arranged the squads so it's easier to work out who's in which. Honeysett and Alexander on onboard the Dropship].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:34 pm

The signals grew stronger and stronger as the blips came closer. The Marines held their fire waiting for the enemy to come into visual range when from a previously unseen corridor the blips came into site. Advancing cautiously into the Marines field of fire Lt. Thomas Morrison and eight grunts came into view.

(OOC: Sorry for the abrupt introduction, but I figured this was probably the easiest way to incorporate the newbies into the Squads).
GM

Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Dirk listened as the targets got closer and closer. He pressed the butt of the pulse rifle hard into his shoulder. He heard the tracker's warning sounds. They were close.

"Short controled bursts" He said
Pale Rider wrote:Advancing cautiously into the Marines field of fire Lt. Thomas Morrison and eight grunts came into view.
Dirk stood up from his fireing position and held the pulse rifle's barrel up over his shoulder. He lit a cigaret as the new guys came into the position.

"Hay Fox, I don't know who's more dangerous to us, the xenos or these new guys" He joked
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Dugan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Simovic crouched bracing himself for possibly his last firefight, sweat dripping down his face. Tyler was shouting out the distances "30 feet, 25 feet, 20 feet". Just as Simovic was about to fire a jet of flame, 9 Marines appeared from a side corridor. They were led by Lt. Morrison whom had been Simovic's old C.O. Standing up Simovic moved forward to greet the new arrivals.

"Morrison you were the last person I was expecting to see down here. You came within a few seconds of being bbq'd! What in Gods name are you and your men doing down here?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Erika » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:27 pm

It was the first operationnal mission in space for Erika.

Before getting on the space station her adrenaline pumped. Now she felt strangely calm.

Once arrived, she looked around to the others Marines there... they looked as something dramatic happened to them.

She recognized Dirk from the final training exercice, he did not changed much but he looked as he did not sleep for about a century. Seeing him her hearth warmed up. Then she recognized also Tyler and she noticed that he had the same look in his eyes than Dirk... like they went to hell and came back.

She had a bad feeling about the situation but the mission needed to be completed at any cost.

She started looking around not knowing exactly what to look for, but she had a bad feeling. She activated the motion tracker... her female 6th sense had never betrayed her.

(roll sense of danger and detection)
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Petrova stood at the ready, waiting for contact. He was new, therefore no one knew him. His smartgun was in firing position.

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Tyler called out the distances, as sweat rolled down his face. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1....."That was when he saw the marines. Christ, nearly hit the trigger.

He sighed a breath of relief, glad to see that they now had some backup. And he felt surprised to see that the majority of the new squad were his former boot mates.

With a smile on his face, he said tiredly,"Well, if it isn't the Rhino Platoon reunion, sort of. How ya guys doing? By the way, you guys wouldn't happen to have a spare fuel tank for a flame unit would ya? I'm almost all out."

Tyler then got back to checking on the motion tracker.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:40 pm

"When they said we'd be gettin' in the shit fast, I didn't know they meant THIS fast." Ward said, whispering to Robo.

They had followed Second Lieutenant Morrison here. He had heard a lot of stories about this man and his history with the Eights'. He was pleased he would be with a unit with a record that spoke for itself. These were certified badasses. He knew it and he would strive to do his best.

"Sir, one question... what exactly are we fighting?" Ward inquired.

Ward moved slowly and cautiously. His brought his Pulse Rifle to bare and scanned the area as he moved with the group. The last thing he needed was for this situation to disintegrate on their first day. They had been hastilly thrown into a combat zone with little intel. A day in the life of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, he supposed. He loved the Corps. Though he heard talk that the Colonial Marines were to be transfering over to the now forming United Systems Military. He did not mind. He was a U.S. Colonial Marine for now, and the abbreviation would be the same.

Ward was nervous. He did not know whom his enemy was, but he had seen bodies. Strange, bodies. It was disconcerting on his part. He ignored this feeling though. He needed to stay frosty.

(roll observation)

((OOC: How will Ward know he is in the Break Shots? Just out of curiousity. And, will we be formally placed in a squad or just told, "Go there, now."? Just wondering.))
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Quinn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:58 am

Sixtus lowered his pulse rifle that was trained on the Lieutenant. He blinked slowly for a few seconds. He didn't know any of these people, so he stayed quiet for the moment and kept his eyes on the motion tracker.

"Sarge, the longer we sit, the easier a target we are." Sixtus said, keeping his eyes moving around the room.

((Perception check to notice any ambushes))
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by Erika » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Tyler Ishizawa wrote:Tyler called out the distances, as sweat rolled down his face. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1....."That was when he saw the marines. Christ, nearly hit the trigger.
He sighed a breath of relief, glad to see that they now had some backup. And he felt surprised to see that the majority of the new squad were his former boot mates.
With a smile on his face, he said tiredly,"Well, if it isn't the Rhino Platoon reunion, sort of. How ya guys doing? By the way, you guys wouldn't happen to have a spare fuel tank for a flame unit would ya? I'm almost all out."
"Hello Tyler, nice to see you. You look as you had been in hell" said Erika.

She frowned... she really had a bad feeling and it was getting worse...

(roll motion tracker)
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 13 Down the Tunnels

Post by gunstealler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Erika wrote:
Tyler Ishizawa wrote:Tyler called out the distances, as sweat rolled down his face. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1....."That was when he saw the marines. Christ, nearly hit the trigger.
"Hello Tyler, nice to see you. You look as you had been in hell" said Erika.

She frowned... she really had a bad feeling and it was getting worse...

(roll motion tracker)
"Hey man why are you guys so tight. Come on i picked up nothing on my motion tracker plus i haven't seen u in a while Tyler wad brings u guys here?"
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”