Turn 12 Please Dismember Me!

The 5th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Date: May 21, 2081
Time: 2425

The Marines of the Easy Eights were pouring out the lead as fast as their weapons could cycle through the rounds. Bodies fell before the awesome barrage. Not just the bodies of pirates, but also the bodies of prisoners who were looking to the pirates as an opportunity to slip off the asteroid. As the dust slowly settled from the latest salvo of the Marines, a contingent of pirates and prisoners and a figure garbed in USCM camo were seen standing on the brink of the water fall that spilled into the depths below. The broken and battered remains of the village’s buildings stood between the marines and the party. Three figures stepped forward: one stood proud and tall with a regal bearing; one was roughly shoved forward by the final figure.

A voice broke through the private frequencies of the Marine’s headsets, “Attention Marines, this is Louis Durston. We have one of your own a Private Mathais Crest. I am giving whoever is in charge and your unit ten seconds to withdraw from the field of battle. At the end of ten seconds if your unit is not outside the perimeter of the village I will proceed to dismember your private one piece for every second you remain within my borders. To prove that I am a man of my word I am sending you his left pinky over by courier. When you receive the item and my man has returned to my side I will begin the countdown.â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm

Eric sputtered with rage, a vein popping in his temple. He bit his tongue hard, and the healing wounds there tore open once more, blood pouring down his throat.

He replied into the comlink to the pirate as well as he could, "We need more time. If you kill him then our dropship will kill you all. Give us 30 seconds, we need to load up to evac."

(OOC: Roll tech to reply to the pirate, and roll command. Command was one of my minor skills before the change of stats.)

"Orders Sir....." he gargled through his mouthfull of blood. When he heard the pirate scum start to count, he dropped out of the turret and climbed up to the driver's seat of the APC, and started the engines.

ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:30 am

You son of a bitch. Dirk thought as he looked at the stuned faces of the other Marines. Lighting a cigaret Dirk listened as Crest screamed. Blowing out a thin stream of smoke Dirk got ready for the charge he hoped was comeing.

The prisoner walked slowly and tossed it at the Marines. Dirk locked his smartgun on him as he walked back. All it would take is for me to fire and we could kill all of those godless bastards, But that would kill Crest. He thought to him self as he smoked the cigaret.

"Fuck this shit, Dugan. Just give me the word and I can get to those assholes quick. Maybe If we can hit em hard enough fast enough we can get Crest." Dirk said as he started to dig in his back foot so he could push off and run fast quick
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:48 am

Quinn kept off the comms, keeping his eye on Dirk. "Wouldn't work. What we need is a sniper and a team to run in quick to grab the Marine. Providing it is a Marine." he whispered.

Quinn checked the ammo count on his pulse rifle, noting it to be about halfway. "What we'll need you for is covering fire more than anything else. But we can't leave. We can't abandon the mission for one Marine, not even Private Crest. It's the shits, I know. But we can't."

"Sir, there's a possibility that the Tangoes have jacked into our comm line. Recommend that it be cut or tuned to a different frequency. They probably have Private Crest's comm gear." Quinn spoke rapidly, to whatever officer would listen.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:39 am

Eric heard what the others were saying. He tore off the headset and shouted at the top of his lungs so that the officers could hear, "I could take the APC in fast! I need orders!"

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]
"Fuck this shit, Dugan. Just give me the word and I can get to those assholes quick. Maybe If we can hit em hard enough fast enough we can get Crest." Dirk said as he started to dig in his back foot so he could push off and run fast quick
[/quote]

Dugan switched off the now compromised comms and shouted to Dirk "Hold fast Marine, it ain't my call", he then turned to Honeysett who was by his side, "I guess its your decision, what are your orders?". Dugan reloaded his pulse rifle and cocked the grenade launcher, if it was his decision he wasn't sure how he'd play it, yes you don't negotiate with terroists but there was one of platoons lives on the line.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 pm

[quote=""Quinn""]Quinn kept off the comms, keeping his eye on Dirk. "Wouldn't work. What we need is a sniper and a team to run in quick to grab the Marine. Providing it is a Marine." he whispered.
[/quote]

Dirk looked at Quinn. He was angry at first, but Quinn was right. More than likely Crest would be killed befor he could get there. "I know, I know, damnit. I just hate sitting here with my thumb up my ass while Crest is getting taken apart." Dirk wispered.

[quote=""Dugan""]Dugan switched off the now compromised comms and shouted to Dirk "Hold fast Marine, it ain't my call", he then turned to Honeysett who was by his side, "I guess its your decision, what are your orders?". Dugan reloaded his pulse rifle and cocked the grenade launcher, if it was his decision he wasn't sure how he'd play it, yes you don't negotiate with terroists but there was one of platoons lives on the line.[/quote]

Wtihout looking back Dirk gave Dugan a thumbs up to let Dugan know He was holding fast
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:43 pm

Whispering into the com

"What I want the best marksman here to do is execute Mathias
- I want this guy to know we can't be threatened. Poor guys probably charred to hell and back from the electricity - would be a favour anyway. If nobody is willing - I'll make the shot. When that first shot is fired, use their moment of surprise to cut them down like wheat with a scythe!"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:58 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]Whispering into the com

- I want this guy to know we can't be threatened. Poor guys probably charred to hell and back from the electricity - would be a favour anyway. If nobody is willing - I'll make the shot. When that first shot is fired, use their moment of surprise to cut them down like wheat with a scythe!"[/quote]

Eric's face contorted with emotion, but he held his tongue. It was an Officer speaking, but he didn't want to lose his friend again.

"Sir I..." he thought deeply for a few moments, then continued.
"I'll take the APC in closer once you take the shot, and hit the pirates hard with that plasma turret, if that sounds like.. a good idea..."

He put his head in his hands, waiting for a reply.

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:06 pm

- I want this guy to know we can't be threatened. Poor guys probably charred to hell and back from the electricity - would be a favour anyway. If nobody is willing - I'll make the shot. When that first shot is fired, use their moment of surprise to cut them down like wheat with a scythe!"[/quote]

Dirk waited for someone to say something. Anyone. The com was dead. He took one last drag from his cigaret and tossed it. Blowing the smoke out he wispered into the com

" I'll take the shot Gunny. I can fall back to the APC and get a Sniper rifle. Just give the word and I'll double time it back." Dirk said, not believeing what he was going to do.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Bojan whispered to Honeysett so that the rest of the squad couldn't hear, "Jacob, If we're gonna execute him anyway, why don't get the entire platoon firing. That way if the sniper misses, we have chances of hitting him anyway or hitting the other guys."

Bojan didn't think it the best thing for morale to shoot a marine, but Jacob was right about Crest's injuries.
William Jones

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:07 am

"Dammit." Quinn whispered, tapping Dirk on the back. "I'll go with you. I'm good as a spotter. Target recognition and whatnot."

Quinn kept his eyes on Matthias. "Or you could hit him with your smartgun. Make sure he dies instantly. If they notice us falling back, and then coming back up, they might think something is up."

He was trying to be helpful. Whether he was or wasn't... {tag Dirk}
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:18 am

[quote=""Quinn""]"Dammit." Quinn whispered, tapping Dirk on the back. "I'll go with you. I'm good as a spotter. Target recognition and whatnot."

Quinn kept his eyes on Matthias. "Or you could hit him with your smartgun. Make sure he dies instantly. If they notice us falling back, and then coming back up, they might think something is up."

He was trying to be helpful. Whether he was or wasn't... {tag Dirk}[/quote]

"Sounds good to me Quinn. Thanks. I didn't think anyone would want a part of this." Dirk said as he waited for Honeysett to give him the OK.

"Gunny, If you give mt the go ahead, Quinn can spot for me."
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:06 am

Fox's eyes and slid over to the marine mathias. Slowly he got the marine in sight of the scope for a shot between the eyes. He didn't give it any thought about its moral values. Thats what marines were for, hesitation costs lives, the core needed soldiers. Loyal to the core.

"Smiles, just give me the signal and its done."
-=Tag Smiles=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""][quote=""Quinn""]"Dammit." Quinn whispered, tapping Dirk on the back. "I'll go with you. I'm good as a spotter. Target recognition and whatnot."

He was trying to be helpful. Whether he was or wasn't... {tag Dirk}[/quote]

"Sounds good to me Quinn. Thanks. I didn't think anyone would want a part of this." Dirk said as he waited for Honeysett to give him the OK.

"Gunny, If you give mt the go ahead, Quinn can spot for me."
[/quote]

"What I want and what needs to be done are very often two different things." Quinn said darkly. "And I can give an instant feedback on Matthias's vitals. What needs to be said here is a statement. And that means one shot, followed by another to whoever's next to him."

If anyone could read Quinn's vitals, his adrenaline was slowly spiking up. But then again, probably so was everyone else.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Exigo Campaign”