Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

The 5th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Date: May 21, 2080
Time: 2325

The Marines of the Easy Eights advanced rapidly on the west village where according to Sergeant Jones the Octarian 12’s signature had dropped off the radar. They crested a small hill, which overlooked the village. The Twin APC’s grounded to a halt within the tree line that surrounded the village. Staff Sergeant Daniel Bojan exited his APC first and as according to plans the Section A led the way. They slipped into the outskirts of the village; leap frogging one another until they came to a half wall that surrounded what looked like a village center. Steam rose from the Octarian 12 as its warm sides cooled in the frigid temperatures. The metal ticked as it cooled adding a strange counterpoint to the music that came from deeper within the village depths.
The Marine’s waiting for what seemed like forever for the music to halt, but it finally did and the ensuing silence was almost too surreal. It blanketed an ominous weight over the marines. Those who were believers offered up prayers to their gods. Gunnery Sergeant Jacob Honeysett motioned for Pvt. Matthias Crest to come forward, he returned to viewing the ship through his powered binoculars. “Pvt. Crest, I want you to link into that port beside the rear door of the dropship and see what you can find out about the men that it carried.â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by - JR - » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 am

After the initial 'What the hell was that' feeling, and the ordered withdrawal, Jonsson stood stationary, ready for orders. His thin, scarred jaw clenched as tight as his hand around his rifle. He did not flinch or react as James wiped his fingers across his bloody armor, but pressed his arm to his face shortly after. Most all the blood now removed from his face, it only lingered beneath his steeled eyes.

"They'll do more than bleed," he growled quietly, air wheezing slightly from his damaged lung as he spat traces Gallagher's blood out of his mouth onto the ground.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:30 am

Eric stood next to Jonsson, stunned. All the blood and pieces of Gallagher still clung to his face. He had a blank expression of suppressed pain and anger. He was in the background, saying nothing, but a steel had entered his eyes. When Screaming Eagle made his speach, Roberts gritted his teeth together in anger. He had liked Private Mathias Crest a great deal, and had talked to him for a long time when he first joined the squad, Mathias also being a devout Christian.

Eric unsheathed his combat knife, and carved two notches into his left shoulder-plate, next to three others. One for Angie Hawkins, one for Rednus Chapell, and one for his wife.

He stood, biting his scarred tongue, and holding his face in a calm expression. But if someone had looked at him, his eyes would have seemed to have glowed red.
Last edited by Corporal Hicks on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Quinn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:08 am

The slightly scruffy individual that looked like he had almost completely new gear surveyed the bloodied up squad with an emotionless look. It seemed that he was correlating data than he was looking at patients. He looked to the current one commanding the platoon, deciding against asking him permission to look over the Marines for their wounds. He didn't look the type.

So instead, he walked up to the most wounded, appearing to be Jonsson. He looked him up and down, and fished into his bag for a scanner.

"Stand still." he said tersely, and ran a medical scanner over the man, including adding into the computer the medical information on the man's dog tags. (roll for Medical Expertise) {tag Jonsson}
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:01 am

OOC: First of all, I'm going by the Roster not by what PR said about the squad assignments. i.e. Quinn's mine and Murray is in the break shots.

Bojan shook his head and laughed at Quinn. They finally had a replacement. He seemed like he new his job.

"How are you James...er sir?", Bojan asked Screaming Eagle. It had been a while since they had seen each other. "And what's the plan?"

William Jones

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by - JR - » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:20 am

[quote=""Quinn""]So instead, he walked up to the most wounded, appearing to be Jonsson. He looked him up and down, and fished into his bag for a scanner.

"Stand still." he said tersely, and ran a medical scanner over the man, including adding into the computer the medical information on the man's dog tags. (roll for Medical Expertise) {tag Jonsson}[/quote]

Jonsson's eyes met Quinn's. "Hm?" After a second of thought, he figured out what the man meant. "Oh. This isn't my blood." He gestured at his knee and thumped his chest over his hurt lung, and continued. "And these are from shore leave." He did not dwell on the mistake, and nodded his respect to the man. Having a medic around who was both competent and alive was a welcome change.

Though it would likely be beyond his control, he decided to try his best to end the bad luck streak the doctors so far had experienced.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Quinn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:34 am

Sixtus pulled the scanner back, nodding at Jonsson's comment on whose blood was on his armor. On the lungs, Sixtus's eyes met Jonsson's for a short while, holding them there until he finally spoke.

"Fine, but when we get back to base I'm getting a closer look at them. See if there's anything that can be done. And if you have any oxygen supplies, use them when you feel pain. And I better not catch you lighting up either, or you'll damage your lungs badly enough you could get medical'd out of the corps. And I don't think you want that to happen." he said in a calm, level and non-threatening tone, but it was painfully clear that this medic meant business.

"Anyone currently injured?" he asked Jonsson. {tag Jonsson}
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Apachetear » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 am

Jacob saw Jim as they moved closer and couldn't help but break into a grin at seeing the guy in the field again.

He made no effort to wipe away the splashes of gore that covered his face and armour, except to lick his lips.

Turning to his marines he said, very simply

"Section A, go in and find cover to the left of the ship. Section B go in and find cover to the right, but so you can still help A if there's fire - I want some enfilading going on here, catch 'em in a crossfire and keep them clueless."

pausing for thought he added

"Don't go sticking your heads out of cover for longer than necessary! but I wouldn't mind if someone has a look to see where the firing ports are on that thing, so we can turn the APC's guns on them!"

Turning to Jim he looked questioningly "how does that sound to you? I reckon if we can identify where the shots are coming from and keep 'em pinned with one APC - we can load up a squad into the other and try and board the ship!"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 pm

Squad Sergeant => Staff Sergeant Daniel Bojan
Squad Leader => Corporal Dugan Simovic
Smart Gunner => Private Dirk Pitt
Rifleman => Private Trevor Schmitt
Medic => Private Sixtus Quinn

Dirk sat in his position watching Crest and Gallagher advance on the ship. He was burning with envy. In first, thats what Dirk wanted. Then he heard Crest's scream and time seemed to slow down. He was dieing and there wasn't shit Dirk could do about it. Gallagher fell back. He was up and over the wall and then stopped. Dirk saw the spike in Gallagher's gutand watched the man's face as the barbs exploded the marine sanding a shower of blood onto Drik's face and right side of his armor. Then everything sped back up. Spitting out the dip and Gallagher's blood onto the ground He could not get the look in Gallaghers eyes out of his mind. There wouldn't be any prisoners if he could help it. Payback time was comeing and these fuckers owed for three good Marines.

Putting a fresh dip in Dirk made his way to his squadleader Corporal Dugan Simovic. "Where do ya want me Corporal?" He asked looking at the man. " Because we are lookin for some payback" He said slapping his smartgun.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Dugan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:26 pm

Simovic watched in horror as first Crest was electrocuted and then secondly Gallagher was ripped apart, what a horrible way to go. He tried to think what type of weapon could have been responsible for such a messy death.

(O.O.C I'd like to make a Weapon Knowledge check).

Following Honeysetts lead he fell back to the APC's with the rest of the platoon. As there advance had obviously been compromised.

After Screaming Eagle had explained the Platoon reorganisation and introduced the new recruits. He noted he had the two FNG's in the newly formed Cue Balls 1st Squad, plus slightly less green Dirk and dependable veteran Bojan.

[quote=""Apachetear""]

"Section A, go in and find cover to the left of the ship. Section B go in and find cover to the right, but so you can still help A if there's fire - I want some enfilading going on here, catch 'em in a crossfire and keep them clueless."

pausing for thought he added

"Don't go sticking your heads out of cover for longer than necessary! but I wouldn't mind if someone has a look to see where the firing ports are on that thing, so we can turn the APC's guns on them!"

[/quote]

Simovic turned to Hnoeysett "Jacob the squads have been reorganised check Screaming Eagles micro computer, so who do you want to go to the left and the right?".

(O.O.C I've now updated the roster, sorry for the delay).

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]

Putting a fresh dip in Dirk made his way to his squadleader Corporal Dugan Simovic. "Where do ya want me Corporal?" He asked looking at the man. " Because we are lookin for some payback" He said slapping his smartgun.
[/quote]

"Well I guess we're going to be moving in again soon, just waiting for confirmation from Honeysett which flank we're gonna move up on. I want you on point but no heroics, keep in cover and find a defendable vantage point, the rest of the squad will be right behind you. When I give the signal unleash hell on anything that moves".

"Quinn did you bring any M59C smoke grenades for your Pulse Rifle? If so deploy one just before we move out".

"This sound OK to you Bojan?"

Simovic then remembered the SADAR that he'd been lugging around may come in useful here. He opened up the Platoon Leader and Squad Sgt channels on the comms.

"If you want I can blow a hole in the side of the ship with the SADAR i've brought along. Collins also has one, it should make storming the ship a little easier".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Atypicalkiller » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Khan didn't react, to the dead men. He didn't have time, his only reaction was one that was drilled into his military mind.

He looked to his Sergeant "What are your orders Jonesy?"
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 pm

[quote=""Dugan""]

"Well I guess we're going to be moving in again soon, just waiting for confirmation from Honeysett which flank we're gonna move up on. I want you on point but no heroics, keep in cover and find a defendable vantage point, the rest of the squad will be right behind you. When I give the signal unleash hell on anything that moves".

[/quote]

Dirk spat to the side and looked back at Dugan "Roger that. If it moves I'll kill it." He said grimly "But I'll keep the best cover I can"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Apachetear » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:50 pm

Looking at the micro computer, Jacob studied it briefly and looked up looking a bit sheepish

"Right, Bojan, take your squad right, Wrench, take your squad left! Con hang back and when we've got an entrance into that ship I want you to take your squad in and assault - if and when that happens I want you to get a foothold and first Bojan and then Wrench will move in to support you!" Dropping a cigarette Jacob seamlessly lit the next one before turning to the leaders

"Everyone clear?" Jacob looked each squad sarge and leader in the eye before turning on his heel and shouldering his pulse rifle.

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm

"yeah, sounds good", replied Bojan

"First squad, you heard the man, let's move." Bojan headed to the right of the ship with his squad.
William Jones

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 9 An Eagle Returns

Post by Hunk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 am

Fox watched as his comrades were gutted. Not one tear of sympathy came from him, he just didn't care anymore. Inside fox's head it went dark. Everything slowed down to him. He was moving at a matrix pace as the image of the marines getting slaughtered faded away. Then a light appeared from the darkness, he chased it until something appeared in front of the image. The light surged through, creating a narrow hallway. His whole platoon was slaughtered. Blood smears all over the walls. He stood there to await the figure still approaching. He looked down to his side to be grabbed by a hand of his helpless teamate Dirk. He picked him up and began to run, but then realized it was to late for him as a worm bursted out of his chest, spraying blood all over him.Fox came out of the nightmare, grabbing Dirks shoulder to make sure he was in reality and not a nightmare. The emotional pain hit him hard, shaking back and forth with his hands. Caught into a hallucination, his hands changed into the killers hands from the hallway nightmare.Fox set his rifle to ease as he drew his knife and looked around to see if anyone noticed, and made a small cut under his sleeve. The emotional pain set away as the blood hit fresh air, giving him complete relief.He followed in by the retreat to the APC. He eyed the new recruits as they made there first appearance. Replacements fox thought, like the saying goes....were expendable.

"Sorry Dirk about that, just kinda had a flashback". He whispered to dirk as he turned around, after he got his attention.
-=Tag Dirk=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Exigo Campaign”