Turn 7 Topside

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 am

Date: 10th November, 2080AD, 17:00UT
Operation: Zenus Mishap
Mission timer: 15:45

For those Marines not tagged to enter the dark tunnel, an immediate sense of relief passed through their bodies as they watched their comrades descend into the depths of the earth. Their self imposed stupor is quickly shattered as they are put to work by the barking commands of their command staff. In short order they have established a defensive perimeter. Now it was simply time to sit back and wait.
L. Cpl Jones and Pvt. Wrathboyne huddled over the radio attempting to contact the Militia which had stayed behind at the Kreutz farm, the only thing coming over the airwaves is static. Jones rushed out of the APC and over to Sergeant Honeysett and relayed the information.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:57 am

Sitting with his back against the side of an APC, Jacob ran his hands through his hair and took a drag of his cigarette.

"You can't get anything on the radio?...shit, well..." Jacob stood up and kicked the APC with his heel as he thought.

"We should really find out what's going on with the militia and the family shouldn't we..." unused to being in total command, the idea that if he made the wrong decision people would die wouldn't stop running through his head. Finally, breathing deeply he reached his decision.

"Ok, Wrench, pick anyone here except me and Con, your choice, and take an APC up to the farm house and have a bit of a scout around. Assume the worst, and don't stop to fight if there's contact - unless the odds are heavily in your favour. I can't lose 2 marines while another 4 are down a hole, that takes me below half strength - so make it back? OK? Get the militia down here as well, I'd quite like the third APC here - I'm not too keen on the militia myself, but extra guns is extra guns...if everyone's dead bring the APC anyway please, that's assuming the worst of course."

Considering the plan Jacob thought it sounded like a fairly foolproof idea...

"There'll be food waiting for you when you return - though if the farmer wants to donate some bread and ham or whatever it'd be appreciated. Don't linger though. Understood?"

Turning, Jacob called out "Con - get with the making of food for these guys - apparently we march on our belly!" Turning back and smiling at Jones, Jacob slid back down so he was sitting by the side of the APC to finish his cigarette.

Too lazy to go and tell everyone personally he flicked his com to all channels except for the LT's frequency and also barring out the volunteers frequencies

"Keep a sharp eye out, not just holewards but everywhichway, I don't want to be caught napping. Con's cooking - Green cover east of the cave, wrathboyne west, Rigon cover south. I'll replace whoever Jones volunteers to accompany him. Have fun"

Getting up Jacob waited to see who Wrench'd pick to take with him, so he'd know who he was replacing.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

wrathboyne
Private

Turn 7 Topside

Post by wrathboyne » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:25 pm

James makes eye contact with Jones and turns both palms out shruging his shoulders as he rose to go to his assinged postion. Taking a ride out to the farm sounded better to him than staring at the western horizon.
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Green just went east of the cave and stood guard, looking around and all that.
an Donaldson

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by bull30548 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:30 am

"Okay Honeysett Take over for Wrathboyne there. Get in the APC Wrathboyne we going to find our wayward flock. I'll even let you man the weapons so if we run into something. Hell we have time I might swing us back into town let you test fire them. That is if you will behave....." Smiling as he moves back into the APC to warm it back up for the trek.

ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Smiling briefly, Jacob called after Wrenche's retreating figure "Just get back ASAP, you hear? We're very under-strength as it is!"

Moving to his position he gazed out over the stars and the planet and lit up a cigarette. He wondered how it was going down there, and he felt quite a bit better for not being down there...

Switching his com on, opened up channels to the rest of the team that were left at the site

"How are you all finding this? Any bright ideas of what we could do?"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 pm

Looks over at Jacob and shrugs, saying "Arent you leaders supposed to make out the plans? THats why you get the bonuses?"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:37 pm

[quote=""HeavyGlenn""]Looks over at Jacob and shrugs, saying "Arent you leaders supposed to make out the plans? THats why you get the bonuses?"[/quote]

"Yeah, the leaders are supposed to make the plans Green, and yeah - that's why we get the bonuses...I'm just asking if any of you had any bright ideas you want to share - if it's an idea that saves lives it's an idea worth hearing. If it's sarky comments like that though, well, you might as well keep your mouth shut" Snapped Jacob, he wasn't in the mood for this - he was trying to be friendly...and snappy answers weren't what he wanted.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm

Traveling over the short distance , Lance Corporal Jones and Private Wrathboyne are amazed at the destruction that has been wrought on the countryside, only Sherman's March to the sea could even compare to the sheer magnitude of total disregard for Mother Nature. The trail cut like a swathe through the forest and as the APC burst through the destruction they came on a scene straight out of a holocaust video. The farm was in utter ruins, the Militia APC turned on its side, flames still roaring from the panels. The farm was in total disarray. Militia members lay strewn throughout the farm, the front portion of the farm had collapsed in on itself.

GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:00 am

"And how about you make some fucking plans then strolling around like some blond bimbo Sir?" Green said and almost growled at Jacob. "If you are so damn smart then prove it instead of letting us guys do the work"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:10 pm

[quote=""HeavyGlenn""]"And how about you make some fucking plans then strolling around like some blond bimbo Sir?" Green said and almost growled at Jacob. "If you are so damn smart then prove it instead of letting us guys do the work"[/quote]

"I'm doing the exact same work as you Ron, I'm standing sentry. I was trying to make some idle chatter and see if there was anything improvable, this is my first total command situation - I hope you understand I'm a bit nervous. Now do you wanna shut the fuck up and do your job because, while I won't mind, you sure as hell will when you feel the claws of one of those dragons raking through your flesh!" Snarled Jacob, he was tense - and in no mood to have an argument! How would this look on his first command, insubordination, there was no need for it!

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:39 am

"Dragons..? Theres nothing but krauts around here Jacob, if you want a suggestion, sure heres one. Increase my payment and let me work at some guarding post close to Earth, okey?" Said Ronald and even smiled.

"So, why are we here again?"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:09 am

[quote=""HeavyGlenn""]"Dragons..? Theres nothing but krauts around here Jacob, if you want a suggestion, sure heres one. Increase my payment and let me work at some guarding post close to Earth, okey?" Said Ronald and even smiled.

"So, why are we here again?"[/quote]

"We're waiting for Morrisson and the Cannon Fodder to get back out of that hole, and we're waiting for Bull and the other fresh meat to get back from the farm.

Then we're gonna have a nice bite to eat and hope that this all goes away..."

Jacob sighed inwardly, he wasn't sure he was ever gonna get used to Green's moodswings...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 7 Topside

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:04 pm

"So when will go and find the real problem and solve it?" Asked Ronald again.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Topside

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 pm

[quote=""HeavyGlenn""]"So when will go and find the real problem and solve it?" Asked Ronald again.[/quote]

...Jacob paused at this question...and wondered, it wasn't in the mission spec to look in caves now was it?

"I...Don't know Ron - soon probably, all too soon..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”