Lights in the Sky and Rumbles in the Night

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Tarik acknowledge Honeysett "Crystal clear Sarge.." He stubbed out the smoke on palm of his hand and tossed it. Tarik's demeanor wouldn't give away his true feelings. He acted as though it was just two brothers duking it out. "I know I'm not in charge Honeysett, and honestly at this point I don't want to be...."Tarik paused and considered continuing but just remained silent.

Tarik looked at Green and waited for him to intiate the handshake.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:39 pm

Atypicalkiller wrote:Tarik acknowledge Honeysett "Crystal clear Sarge.." He stubbed out the smoke on palm of his hand and tossed it. Tarik's demeanor wouldn't give away his true feelings. He acted as though it was just two brothers duking it out. "I know I'm not in charge Honeysett, and honestly at this point I don't want to be...."Tarik paused and considered continuing but just remained silent.
Jacob heard the response as he walked away, and called over his shoulder "Well thank your guardian angel's you aren't then! You can smoke again at noon!"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Joe sighed. He was relieved that all the commotion appeared to be ending. Maybe now we could all get back to the task at hand. With his attention and gun point still focused on the hole, Joe would sneak quick glances at the conflict between Green and Khan as he muttered, "I'm just glad nothing decided to come out of the hole during that distraction."

wrathboyne
Private

Post by wrathboyne » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:49 pm

James rounds the APC just in time to see the situation defused. He quickly shoulders his sidearm hoping no one noticed.

James makes a sharp turn around and heads back toward the hole.

Joe wrote:
"I'm just glad nothing decided to come out of the hole during that distraction."

"Your not kidding, that would have been a bad time for a fire fight to start."
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:11 am

Why am I stuck with such a fucking nutcase. Morrison thought as he looked at Green.

He spat at the ground before talking again: "Smiles, you're right. What would I do without such a sharp thinker at my side. I think that we best leave the lights off, but set up the sentry guns. And didn't Jones bring four of those suckers?" he spat again "Get the guys started on that."

Morrison turned his attention towards the opening again.

Maybe we should check it out now...

Looking over the platoon once more, Morrison felt very uncertain. The only combat veteran in his platoon that wasn't in the command-team was now a certified nut. Sure, Green had always seemed rather childish and somewhat of a dramaqueen, but the degree of mental instability that Green had shown in the last few minutes was too much for Morrison.

Walking towards the parked APC's, Morrison spoke out over the comnet to the platoon: "Listen up, killers! I need three volounteers- and please, don't make me pick."

Time for a baptism in fire...

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:10 am

Jocke wrote:"Smiles, you're right. What would I do without such a sharp thinker at my side. I think that we best leave the lights off, but set up the sentry guns. And didn't Jones bring four of those suckers?"

Looking confused momentarily..."....ok, lights off...I'm not sure how many he bought, but he'll get 'em out anyway eh?"
Jocke wrote: "Listen up, killers! I need three volounteers- and please, don't make me pick."
Jacob had a creeping and sinking feeling that he knew what Morrisson was about to suggest...Still, maybe doing something would be better than just...hanging around, it was tense in this unit, there were certainly teething problems at least in Con's squad...

Stepping forward, Jacob lazily raised his hand "I'll volunteer myself. It might be better than boredom, whatever you're proposing..."

The nonchalant facade was wearing thin...but he couldn't let his fear show through...people needed confidence in their sarge, not pity...

His mind flashed to the two vials of pills in his pockets... 'I'll take one if we're heading in, I'll need all the edge I can get' he thought to himself...
Last edited by Apachetear on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:13 am

Walking towards the parked APC's, Morrison spoke out over the comnet to the platoon: "Listen up, killers! I need three volounteers- and please, don't make me pick."

Joe wasn't quite sure what was going on, but he was gun-ho ready to be a part of it. Because in the short time he had been with Jacob, he had already developed a great deal of respect for him. If it was his turn to die, Joe would rather do it serving a purpose than up on the surface with the dysfunction that's been happening. Joe raised his hand confidently.

"I'll do it,â€

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:55 pm

"Morrison" Tarik called out, from where he was setting up the sentry guns. He nodded to the LT indicating he was volunteering for whatever they had in mind.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:33 pm

Jacob smiled...2 green guys going in with him, he assumed it was down that hole they were headed. If either of them folded in a combat situation he wouldn't be a happy man.

Still, a sniper, smartgunner and he the rifleman who was carting a flamer around too, nice spread of firepower.

"So, what's the plan Morrisson?" He grinned and closed his fingers around a vial in his pocket...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

wrathboyne
Private

Post by wrathboyne » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:43 pm

James was about to volunteer when his fatehrs advice echoed in his head, "Son, never volunteer for anything...do your duty and you should come home safely." (pause)

Despite this fatherly warning he was about to take the third spot when he heard Tarik call it.

James mutters, "just as well -- do not care for tight spaces"

Looking back at the hole he tought to himself, what was I thinking anyhow --no where to run....that is not a tunnel it is an early grave.
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Altair looked surprisingly at their platoon leader just as his previous question went unanswered. Surely this man was joking, splitting the platoon in a situation like this and what can three people do down there…Altair quickly glanced at the hole located not too far from him. Then again remembering the damage these creatures have done in the city the boy doubted that this whole platoon could confront anything that was so powerful as to erase a whole town. The other thing the boy was curious about what Lt. Morrison wanted to achieve. Go in there and locate the enemy and then what? Kill it; three people couldn’t possibly do the job. Maybe those three volunteers where to scout whatever was down there, this was the only option left to Altair.

The boy wanted to volunteer but by the time he arrived to that conclusion it was too late, three volunteers were ready Khan was among them. A medic would have been a good addition to those three but then again if they do meet those creatures they would probably not survive the meeting as it is. Right now the group needed firepower and Altair was not suited for the job not yet anyway. Instead the boy approached his squad leader.

“I think you might need a motion tracker down there.â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:34 pm

[quote=""Altair""]
“I think you might need a motion tracker down there.â€

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Tarik walked up to Altair and Honeysett and put his hand on Honeysett's shoulder. "Don't worry, you're too pretty to die..." He smiled.."Besides it might be best to have someone down there that's not already scared shitless of well....whatevers down there..." he glanced at green out of the corner of his eye...then looked back to honeysett...and sighed "Well seeing that I might not reach noon...I'm gonna have a smoke now..you can courtmartial me when we get back.." he grinned again and lit up a smoke.

"Hey kid, don't worry bout me....you should be worry about them.." He looked over to the hole.."There's a storm coming...and Hell's coming with it.." He cocked his M56 and took another drag off his smoke.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 am

"Sir that is tactically unsound lets just leave the sentries up and back the APCs' up to have a very large arc of fire. Because i have a few theories here that make more sense than running right in there. We have here either a) a nest of some sorts from your nasty bugs, b) a nasty trap set up by the culprits or c) a nest of some sorts for something else entirely. Something just never added up from all the stories. Point one these 'bugs' of yours don't seem the very passive type. If somebody just shot a boat load a bullets into my front door I would be pissed. I am pretty sure they would be all over us by now. Point two it taken this long for them to wipe out 1000 colonists? The amount of damage back there I didn't see any acid burns or dead bugs. So that means it might be very good chances it not bugs. Now lets look at what this stupid planet actually produces. Food stuffs and the facility it all started in is a r & d lab. Lets go with this little theory since we have time."

Looking down the hole and seeing nothing coming yet still.

"The R & D lab wanted to test a new batch of wonderful food. Lets say said food had a bad effect on the locals. Some sort of chemical reaction or something. Drives them nuts or makes them go primitive and back to basics. Lets look in the distance we have a bunch of blood and casings. We also have weapons posssibly missing ones on top of that. So we might be walking into a cave with a group of crazed bugs. Or we could be walking into a cave full of crazed humans with guns. Neither we can see too well in the dark. Or we can go with option two where it is a trap and we going to stroll in there."

"Now on to a more important issue than whats down the big bad hole. What is the report from the militia and the dropships? "

Jones just leans back against the side of the APC as he waits for orders.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:57 am

Apachetear wrote:"So, what's the plan Morrisson?" He grinned and closed his fingers around a vial in his pocket...

"Never said that you could come, did I? Someone has to be incharge here, and that someone is you. Altair will replace you, buddy. Just don't shoot us when we get back out- we might be in somewhat of a hurry..."

"Jones- I haven't heard crap from either. So while I'm down there, I want your butt in the APC, on the big radio, trying to get hold of them- once you're done setting up the sentries, that is."

Morrison looked at the men gathered infront of him.

"Tarik, Harmon- Altair... We're going to earn our pay, and have a quick look in that hole. The briefing mentions a massive animal called a Grow, or something like that. Omnivourus, used for cattle around here- I don't think that they're responsible for this, however." Morrison spat, true to his habit.

"Single column- Tarik, you're point. I'll be right behind you. Harmon- you're tail. Keep your eyes open. Now, let's go Marines, while we still have time to die a heroic death." Morrison grinned.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”