Turn 4: Onward and Southward.

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Date: 10th November, 2080AD, 03:00UT
Operation: Zenus Mishap
Mission timer: 01:45

The sun rose over the horizon, its light casting the sky in a weird reddish hue as it broke the elliptical plane. Time stood still for the Marines of the 9th Platoon. Everyone boarded the APCs and they headed out across the terrain. Life was not as evident during the early morning hours as the sun was closest to the atmosphere and almost directly above the city of Hesseneu. Temperatures skyrocketed putting a strain on the air cooling systems of the APCs and as a result sweat pooled underneath the winter utilities that the marines had dressed in.

Date: 10th November, 2080AD, 11:00UT
Operation: Zenus Mishap
Mission timer: 09:45

The high temperatures of the day quickly began to drop to the low forties as the sun dropped beneath the horizons. The two lane dirt road or rather a track which seemed to be more potholes than road led the marines further south. Evidence of human habitation is in the area is seen in the form of abandoned and rusting cars on the side of the road, anything of value long since being stripped from them. The underbrush lining the road has been trimmed and the largest saplings have been hewn to the grown, most likely for firewood.
Occasional burn marks slash through the roadside and the fields farther from the road, a sure sign that someone has been trying to control the encroachment of Mother Nature. Further down the road and plowed fields begin to appear, bordered by wild stands of wood and the occasional orchard.
Suddenly bursting through the fields and wilderness, the Nines encounter a home. A trio of dogs come racing from out of the large barn, their barks can be heard baying over the wind swept night. A barbwire fence encircles the whole farmstead set some five or six yards back from a pine forest border. A cattle guard lies between the gate posts. The only way to the house is along a single gravel lined roadway winding through the trees.
Stepping down from the APCs Lt. Morrison, Sergeant Honeysett, L. CPL Constantine, and L. CPL Jones survey the scene. Gavin’s jaw seemingly drops to the ground as he takes in the junkyard that just barely can be seen behind the barn, it is a mechanic’s wet dream. The house and outbuildings are probably some of the first to be built on this farm and are constructed of heavy wood beams and stout bricks manufactured locally (most likely by the farmer himself). A few hens can be glimpsed as they rake the ground scrounging up insects to eat, a windmill in the background adds a soft creaking noise as it turns in the wind, the silence of the night is shattered by a man’s voice shouting at the dogs, the barn door opens and a man walks out and approaches the gate. He is dressed in a white T-shirt, old German style infantry pants, a straw hat with a wide brim, and heavy, non-issue boots. Resting lightly within the crook of his arm is a double-barreled shotgun, broken open. With his other arm he motions at the dogs, snapping at them “Sei still!â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:58 pm

Looking at the scene, Jacob then registered the language spoken...German...he'd studied at school long ago and nearly failed in getting an A-level in it...

"Wir sind schon und du? Was ist los? Sprechen sie Englisch?"

He hoped he had got it right, if not - this could be a language barrier not easily crossed.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:53 am

Looking over the old farmer, Morrison nodded to him:

"Abend." Morrison then spat on the ground to his left, "Ich bin Leutnant Morrison aus den kolonial marin korps" he pointed at Honeysett "Oberfähnrich Honeysett" then pointed at Con and Jones, repsectively "Hauptgefreiter's Alexander unt Jones."

Smiling at the man, Morrison then continued "Können wir hier für eine weile bleiben?"

LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:47 am

Ronald stood where he was told to stand, he looked around on the strange but cute landscape and smiled sligthly though he turned rather grim hearing people talk german, Ronald hated all languages but english... He sighed loudly and wiped his nose.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:51 am

Hearing nothing but a constant steam of jibberish, Con instead began slowly assessing the landscape around him, taking everything in. The security of the house, the wealth of the farm. Anything that would pose an oppurtunity in his former life as a theif.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

StConstantine wrote:Hearing nothing but a constant steam of jibberish, Con instead began slowly assessing the landscape around him, taking everything in. The security of the house, the wealth of the farm. Anything that would pose an oppurtunity in his former life as a theif.

Morrison had served with Con before. He knew the man- easygoing, dependaple- Alexander also had some problems regarding ownership.

Morrison grabbed Con by the collar, and jerked him back and forth a few times:

"Don't even think about it, you little weasel. Go get the guys out of the wintergear- I told them to break it out. Keep it handy. Not to put it on. Hubba hubba."

Fuckin' New Guys...

After this quick little intermezzo, Morrison pushed his helmet back, spat at the ground between his feet, and turned to Honeysett:

"Make sure the guys are out of their wintergear. Have them fed, and search the perimeter. Search and eat by two's, got it?"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:03 pm

Indeed news were grim, if these bugs were, as dangerous as they were described, then the whole platoon was in danger. Somehow Altair was not scared even though his instincts deep down told him that he should be; that this was not some game or dream, this was real life and he might be dead in the next twenty four hours. It seems that these men knew little about these bugs, somehow at the mention of the word hive, ants were the first insects, which came in to his mind. Altair took a note - to talk with the platoon commander about the possibility of acquiring one of the species, preferably one, which would be intact in order to do some experiments.

Altair was always interested in studying alien species and the thought that he probably would be one of the first to get his hands on these alien creatures got his mind thinking. He would need medical equipment, but what if the platoon commander would be against it, surely these experiments could prove useful, if nothing else the platoon as a whole could benefit from it, benefit from the knowledge of knowing the alien anatomy, weak points in particular, to know how to kill these creatures very fast and more efficiently.

The boy was oblivious to everything that was happening around him, deep in thoughts he climbed in to the APC along with the rest of the marines. The heat, the sweat everything was some other place, happening to someone else but not Altair not at this moment.

Mist covered the surrounding landscape, hanging heavily around him; Altair even though that if he stretched his hand fast enough he would be able to grab it. Something was strange about this, about feelings inside him, about his thoughts, and surroundings but the boy couldn’t quite tell what it was.

“Be careful they could be anywhere in this fucking mist, make sure all of you stay in sight.â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:09 pm

"Don't even think about it, you little weasel. Go get the guys out of the wintergear- I told them to break it out. Keep it handy. Not to put it on. Hubba hubba."
"I didn't do it I swear to God!!!"
"Oh right, come on boys lets get white."
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Sir yes sir said Ronald and followed like usual, he was almost like a dog, he just needed a wagging tail and fur.
an Donaldson

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 am

"Oh right, come on boys lets get white."
Joe wasn’t happy that he had dressed up in his winter gear to sweat it out in the APC only to take it back off upon arrival, but he was happy to be getting out of it now. As he struggled to get out of his gear Joe turned to Green who was also getting out of his gear and said, "I hope we uncross our signals by the time we run into these bugs. Right now a slip up means we sweat a little. Later.... who knows?"

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:01 pm

"Wir sind schon und du? Was ist los? Sprechen sie Englisch?"
Turning to face the first speaker, the man chuckled under his breathe, the words were correct, the inflection however, was rather mangled. Abruptly, the soldier with the larger sense of importance spoke up, he turned as the man cleared his voice.
Looking over the old farmer, Morrison nodded to him:

"Abend." Morrison then spat on the ground to his left, "Ich bin Leutnant Morrison aus den kolonial marin korps" he pointed at Honeysett "Oberfähnrich Honeysett" then pointed at Con and Jones, repsectively "Hauptgefreiter's Alexander unt Jones."

Smiling at the man, Morrison then continued "Können wir hier für eine weile bleiben?"
Instead of responding in German, he spoke in a broken, rudimentary English, "Please . . . join me . . . a beer and some brauts and krauts?"
GM

Image Image Image

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Instead of responding in German, he spoke in a broken, rudimentary English, "Please . . . join me . . . a beer and some brauts and krauts?"

"But ofcourse", Morrison said, smiling back at the old man.

Hearts and minds, that's what they said at the officer's school.

Morrison slid his hand down to his pocket- only to discover that things had gone missing.

"I will join you in a few minutes, first I have something to take care of." he said, with a clear undertone of anger.

Morrison was pissed off, to say the least. During his short walk to the rest of the platoon, Morrison remembered his upbringing- some people in this platoon thought that they where tough. Thought that they where thugs, or master thieves. Violence was no stranger to Thomas before he joined up- and after nine years in the colonial marines, violence had become second nature for him, to the point that he felt that he didn't fit in too well in the civilian world.
As far as thievery went- Thomas had done his fair share of that as well- it was almost unavoidable, looking at where he grew up. Pickpockets always worked in teams. Unless they had enlisted, and gotten stuck with a platoon of Marines.

The uttermost core value in the Colonial Marine Corps is brotherhood and comraderie.

Someone had violated this. Marines do not steal from other Marines.

To second Liuteant Morrison, this was basic, self-evident knowledge, and breaking of such a tradition was blasphemous in his eyes. By the time he reached his one and only suspect, he was seeing red.

It was high time to instill some core values in young Lance Corporal Alexander- the theoretical part of the lesson would be lectured once the young NCO was in such a state that he could listen.

(OOC: PR- unarmed attack (brawl) roll on Con, if you please.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 am

"Hey, hey, hey, relax" Con said throwing the small container he was holding towards Morrison "You dropped it when you shook me around, its not my fault you dont secure your pockets sir"
(OOC: PR- unarmed attack (brawl) roll on Con, if you please.)
Seeing Morrison tense his fists Con automatically switched on, assesing every possible situation and what he would do. Trained sences told him the attack would probably come straight at him so instead of standing in front of it Con sprang backwards attempting a backwards somersault out of the way of Morrison's fists.

"Listen, you want to fight, fine, beat the shit out of me, you obvioulsy can't resolve anything, any other way. Jesus, I know every one is alittle on edge and I know why but your taking this just alittle to far"

(OOC: PR-If he attacks, i dont want my char to attack back, just keep dodging)
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Fight Between the Ranks

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:06 am

Morrison swung his ham sized fist at the smaller marine. His anger clouding his judgement. Constantine, rolled easily out of the way of the first swing.
"Hey, hey, hey, relax" Con said throwing the small container he was holding towards Morrison "You dropped it when you shook me around, its not my fault you dont secure your pockets sir"
Not responding beyond a gutteral grunt swung wildly, this time Con could have stayed still the punch whistled past his chin as he leaned away from the swing.
"Listen, you want to fight, fine, beat the shit out of me, you obvioulsy can't resolve anything, any other way. Jesus, I know every one is alittle on edge and I know why but your taking this just alittle to far"

Where Morrison represented pure power, in Con the moves were fluid almost a dance. Whether it was his cockiness that began to creep in as he evaded two more of Morrison's wild swings, or luck on Morrison's part, the final blow connected and stars exploded in Con's head as Morrison's right fist landed a jarring blow to the his chin. The impact snapped Con's head back and lifted through the air; his head smacked on the side of the APC, his combat helmet rang off the side of the APC and it was this that saved him from any further damage as he slid soundlessly to the ground.

PFC Altair raced over to the man, his medical skills coming to play. He turned and looked at the LT, "Sir, he is unconcious."
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:54 pm

I hope we uncross our signals by the time we run into these bugs. Right now a slip up means we sweat a little. Later.... who knows?"
What the fuck are you talking about..? And why are you talking to me like that? Dont forget im First Private. Said Green almost snarling to the little guy.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”