Turn 2 The Journey Begins

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:49 pm

Date: 10th November, 2080AD, 0030UT
Operation: Zenus Mishap
Mission timer: 00:00

After taking the time to inform the NCO's of the up coming mission info, Lt. Morrison contacts Abbot and informs the synthethic of his desire to prepare both dropships for the upcoming landing. The newly minted synthetic agreed to do so.
The men had all returned to the lockerroom to finish gearing up, each of their lockers contained only the equipment necessary for their tasks to which they had been assigned when they had received their orders. Each of the Riflemen had been issued the M41 Pulserifle along with five clips, three m40 grenades, two m38s, combat knife, web belt, armour, and helmet. The lone exception for the Delta Dogs being Private Harmon, he was assigned the M41 Sniper rifle to allow the platoon to have long range firing capability. Should another Rifleman join the unit at another point with superior marksmanship he or she to would be assigned the M41.
The Smartgunners were assigned the M56 Smartguns, standard hand grenades (Hi-Explosive), combat knife, five belts of ammo.
The ComTech was issued a M40 pulse rifle, tools of his trade, as well as the motion detector for the Squad he was assigned to, as well as the platoon's radio.
The Medic was issued a VP70 Pistol, first aid gear, the squads motion detector; a spare M40 pulse rifle from the weapons inventory was available for issuing to the medic should the Platoon Commander so deem.

An almost eerily perfect voice can be heard over the intercom as Abbot puts in the call for the pilots to warm up the Dropships for planet fall.
"Attention Pilot John Havard and Engineer Mona Diaz please come to the flight deck and prep the dropships. Attention, Attention all Marines of 9th Platoon, please report to the flight deck. Drop will commence in T-Minus 30 Minutes. Repeat, Drop will commence in T-Minus 30 Minutes." The cold, sterile sounding voice verberated throughout the ship.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 pm

Walking back into the locker rooms he nodded to Tarik as he passed. "Well gentlemen I do hope you have enjoyed your exquisite meal and shower. Now it is time to work for that meal men. Second Squad assemble at the front of the APC for a little meet and greet and then we are going to get briefed on the mission at hand. First Squad also to assemble in the hangar bay as well for the meeting I am sure your squad leader will have more details when you get there." Jones voice was much more neutral this time sounding more normal than angry or beligerient. With that he turns back around and reenters the hangar bay tapping Khan on the shoulder to follow him to the front of the APC. Looking at the man nametag and taking in his decoration of his armor Jones just nods. Waiting for the rest of the men to arrive he nods to them in turn. "Greetings men I am Lance Corporal Gavin 'Wrench' Jones I am your squad leader. Private Khan, Private Altair, and Private Harmon welcome to second squad 'Big Bites'. Don't worry I put in a recommend to get a name change on that. Now then I understand from your record you were squad leader in boot Khan that correct? Now I just want you to remember this ain't a democracy. But you come up with an idea or you think one is bad go ahead and voice it. I rather be alive and corrected then stubborn and shot. That goes for all of you men as well."
"Private Altair according to this you are one hot hand witha bandage. That good as you can see injuries will occur in the corp." Gesturing to the scarring along his neck and jaw. "But I want you to remember your a marine first and a doc second. Not trying to scold you just trying to impart some wisdom."
"Private Rigon you were apparently seperate from these guys but don't worry we are all marines here. Hopefully your experience will be an asset to everyone here."
Offering his hand to each one of them and shaking it he steps back.
"Now onto the things at hand and my basic plan up until now. Now I want to try and keep cohesion in this unit as best as I can. Khan Altair you two will be a team if we have to split into pairs. Rigon of course you will be with me. Now for this mission Sergeant Honeysett will be with squad two. Listen to the man he been a lot more than all of us combined. You got a complaint or something it goes through me first. Now this mission does follow basic Rules of Engagement. So keep your weapons safeteyed if you don't mind. Welcome again to Second Squad any questions?"

3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 9th Platoon
"Delta Dogs"
GM

Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:09 pm

TK listened carefully for once in his life to what the Lance Corporal had to say, he actually seemed half way normal this time. Khan was sure that it wasn't easy for him to have a squad full of booties but time would tell as always what would become of the Big Bites. He was stunned the Squad leader didn't mind him smoking in formation, but TK figured it was ok since the he himself had a cigar. He shook the young man's hand firmly.
"Thank you Corporal That's a helluvah scar"

Tk Slapped Altair on the back "Hey old buddy" He smiled and took another drag off his smoke. It was nice having a familiar face around. Up until this point TK hadn't really spoken to anyone.

After it seemed like things cooled down and the corporal had finished Tarik took out a stick of Camoflauge and began to paint himself up.
Time to look the part..the only thing TK wanted more than anything in the world was a cold beer...it would help calm his nerves he was nervous as hell being on his first mission but his composure wouldn't show it. He acted like it was another day on the beat.
"When in doubt, empty the magazine"
GM

Image Image Image

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Altair Konterran

Post by Altair » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm

All of the marines have awaked from the cryo sleep; all of them were now washed and dressed. Most of the men have broken up in to groups; several of those groups consisted of new marines fresh to the platoon, either from boot camp or transferred from some other place. Deftly moving between the people, Altair searched for his friend, his eyes darting from one face to another, trying to locate a familiar face. Taking a quick look at the cryo tubes revealed them to be empty, so the boy changed his direction, deciding to head in towards the mess hall, a place from which he had returned not long before.

It was several minutes later that Altair, had managed to locate Tarik, a task made even more difficult, due to the similarity of uniform and armor, now all had to ware. Heading towards his friend, Altair stopped a few feet away, trying not to disturb their squad leader, who if the boy remembered correctly went by the name Gavin 'Wrench' Jones. Taking a quick look at Lance Corporal, Altair tried to remember every detail, the black hair, the blue eyes and even the scar, momentarily disapproving the work, the medics have done, all of that he tried to picture in his mind, deciding that in combat situation he wouldn’t have time to do so, while he did it, Altair’s ears took in the information.
"Well gentlemen I do hope you have enjoyed your exquisite meal and shower. Now it is time to work for that meal men. Second Squad, assemble at the front of the APC for a little meet and greet and then we are going to get briefed on the mission at hand. First Squad also to assemble in the hangar bay as well for the meeting I am sure your squad leader will have more details when you get there."
Still being silent Altair followed Tarik and Corporal to the hangar. Just as the heavy doors slid open, the boy stopped taking in the marvels of the modern warfare. His eye darted quickly from drop ship to APC and back, while simultaneously his mind came up with random facts about these machines, facts that he had read from the marine technical manual, issued to every recruit in the boot camp, on the day he had joined. Suddenly aware of the fact that he had been standing still in the middle of the hangar for the past ten seconds, Altair shook his head to clear it, just as he fell in the line beside Tarik.
"Private Altair according to this you are one hot hand with a bandage. That good as you can see injuries will occur in the corp." Gesturing to the scarring along his neck and jaw. "But I want you to remember you’re a marine first and a doc second. Not trying to scold you just trying to impart some wisdom."
Altair smiled nodding not quite sure what the last sentence meant. To tell the truth the boy was even looking forward to such occasions in which he could practice his medic skills, at the same time ashamed for having such thoughts in the first place. Altair had a theory concerning the differences between battle medics and those medics, who operated in the hospital. Somehow Army medics were associated with raw uncontrolled power, battlefield being a place where medic had to react quickly and use whatever was available at hand; where as a hospital medic was associated with smooth controlled power. Usually civilian medics had almost all equipment and drugs available to them at any given moment, there was no room for experiment, for improvisation, you just examined the patient, diagnosed him and sent him on the road to recovery. Altair himself preferred to be a battle medic even though it was a much more risky job not just to the patient but to himself.
“Khan Altair you two will be a team if we have to split into pairs.”
“Welcome again to Second Squad any questions?"
Shaking his head once more, to clear it Altair shook the offered hand, glad that he was to be in pair with Tarik. Somehow the boy felt much safer around the older man. Were it was to the fact that Tarik was a smargunner or a friend, Altair didn’t know but nevertheless he liked what he felt. Momentarily thinking the boy took a step forward.

“Sir! Have a question Sir.!”

Altair formerly addressed his squad leader, just as he was taught at boot camp. Not sure if he should be formal or not, but deciding to be on a safe side, the boy waited for lance corporal to react before Altair continued.

“Will I need M40 pulse rifle Sir?”

Since most of the men now carried their weapons and equipment, Altair suddenly found that he didn’t have a pulse rifle, just a side arm. Not that he needed one that is, since his hands were already full of stuff, including medical equipment and a motion tracker. Knowing nothing of the mission at hand, Altair decided to play it safe and leave the choice to his squad leader.

Tarik Slapped Altair on the back "Hey old buddy" He smiled and took another drag off his smoke. It was nice having a familiar face around. Up until this point TK hadn't really spoken to anyone.
“So how was your first “night” in the cryo tube?”

The boy asked smiling, knowing nothing about the experience Tarik had during his prolonged sleep. That was all Altair was able to say or ask before he heard Abbot’s voice over the intercom.

"Attention Pilot John Havard and Engineer Mona Diaz please come to the flight deck and prep the dropships. Attention, Attention all Marines of 9th Platoon, please report to the flight deck. Drop will commence in T-Minus 30 Minutes. Repeat, Drop will commence in T-Minus 30 Minutes."
Suddenly the full reality dawned on the boy, this was no longer a training mission and he was not in a boot camp anymore, this was real and happening right now. In thirty minutes he would be dropped on some strange faraway planet, with god only knows what climate and creatures inhabiting it, not to mention other things which were just different from his home planet Earth. Fighting down a sudden urge to throw up, the boy decided to make a last check of his equipment, to occupy his mind, later following an example set by Tarik, Altair finished his preparations; while he covered his face in different hues of greens and browns, in order to camouflage his face.

Pvt. Altair Konterran

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:29 am

Sidling up to the second squad, Jacob stood from a distance as he watched Gavin brief them. He did a good job, leaving not much he could, himself, cover.

He looked at his armour, the scratches...occasional smiley face of blood near black with age and the bullet dent must make him look quite a character he considered to himself, smiling wryly he moved in to the group.

"Evenin' all, hope you're looking forward to your first mission. I'll be accompanying this squad from now on, maybe for just this mission, maybe for a while longer...who knows?"

Stretching, Jacob heard the satisfying crack of his spine.

"I know I'm sarge, but planetside you will call me Jacob, Smiles or Honeysett. It's your choice - but advertise my rank and you'll regret it. I don't want to be made a target more than my chevrons can allow!"

His tone was steely serious, he did not want to attract fire in the slightest.

"Now, I understand we have both medic, smartgunner and sniper in this squad - so I'll be surprised if anything goes horribly wrong with those abilities present."

[quote=""Altair""]
“Will I need M40 pulse rifle Sir?â€
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:54 am

Blinking a bit as Altair definantly announces his presence with his question. Shaking his head to clear his ringing ears Jones begins speaking. "Honeysett has a point no refering to the higher ranks by rank or saluting while on any mission. Here on the ship we run a little looser decorum than what you are used to in boot. Things may change as time goes on be ready to adapt men. Now refer to me as Wrench or Jones if you need something. I also agree that you should have a pulse rifle Altair. But that will be ultimately up to Lt. Morrison on that one. As a reccomendation sir ahem Smiles I do believe that you should have control of the heavy weapons. Not because you are a better shot but you are more experienced. Now as who should drive I do believe we are all qualified and will volunteer to drive sir. But I wouldn't want to take away from anyone else's fun. As well as a Squad Leader duty is to be with his squad. I did notice that we have a slight ordinance allocation problem. I see that Altair has a motion tracker as do I. I don't think first squad has one so we will have to check with the boss on this one. Oh another thing men I am also acting comtech on this one I believe. If there are no other questions we will form up and get our briefing. Trust me this will be truly thrilling for all of you." Finishing his cigar he puts it out on the bottom of his boot and pockets it til he find a trash bin to toss it in. With that he nods to Honeysett to move over to Morison for the briefing.

Whispering to Honeysett as they move out. "Think I built the LT up enough on that one Smiles?" Chuckling knowing with the guys in his group Morrison going to get bombarded with questions. "And after what Altair just did I don't think we can ever call me loud again. Yeesh my ears are still ringing."
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:38 am

[quote=""bull30548""]

Whispering to Honeysett as they move out. "Think I built the LT up enough on that one Smiles?" Chuckling knowing with the guys in his group Morrison going to get bombarded with questions. "And after what Altair just did I don't think we can ever call me loud again. Yeesh my ears are still ringing."
[/quote]

"I'm think he'll hit the roof if you build much more Jones, just don't set him up to fail, it's his first command same as mine and yours..." Jacob fumbled for a cigarette, looked at it and then put it back in his pack, though. "Should probably cut down...my lungs feel like shit..." he murmered. Looking back at Jones "Yeah, they're young...high spirits!" Laughing, and then quietening abruptly, Jacob looked at his missing finger and his worn armour "I'm only 19 mind..."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 am

Con quickly went through his locker and pulled out all his neccisary gear plus a four M108 Buckshot rounds. These he quicky slipped away into a pocket before anyone could notice. He new he shouldnt have them but as a small guy he need every bit of extra power when it came to close combat.

Turning around he stuck up his hand "first squad with me, lets go".

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:00 am

Ready since long Ronald walked over to Constantine and followed nice and quiet, he sighed softly, looking already bored.
an Donaldson

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:36 am

(OOC: Sorry for confusion. Post good as written. Hopefully done editing)

Joe could easily see the guys in second squad from where he stood. He recognized Altair from the mess hall. Altair had done a much better job at dulling his armor than Joe. And although Joe's armor was plenty dull enough to keep him from reflecting light, Altair looked as though he could disappear in the darkness if he just held still. Joe realized he still had stuff to learn and hoped that his 'green-ness' wouldn't get him killed.

Joe hadn't met Khan yet. He looked somewhat older than most of the guys here. "Have a nice day..." Joe read quietly to himself off of Khan's armor. Joe smiled. He was amused with the armor personalization choices that each soldier had made. Joe looked up to all of them. He wanted to be like them, but first he realized he needed to earn their trust and respect.

Joe's excellent marksmanship earned him the right to carry the platoon's only M42 Sniper rifle. Joe was proud of even such a minor accomplishment and hoped that being the sniper would mean that he would be able to avoid too many close encounters with the enemy. The only time he wanted to be up close and personal was when he was sighting through his scope.

Joe checked his gear and adjusted the butt-plate on his M42. Joe shouldered the rifle, gave a look down the scope, and smiled with satisfaction. Then he looked to Con for the briefing.
Turning around he stuck up his hand "first squad with me, lets go".
Joe fell in to formation following Con to the dropships, "This is it."
Last edited by tarpshack on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 pm

OOC: Actually that was my goof and I thought I had fixed it Harmon you are in First Squad that my bad it is Jak that is in my squad. SO edit your post accordingly.
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:39 pm

"Evenin' all, hope you're looking forward to your first mission. I'll be accompanying this squad from now on, maybe for just this mission, maybe for a while longer...who knows?"
Altair turned his attention to the newcomer, his eyes darted first to the chevrons, which identified the man to be a sergeant. Then he read his name tag: Jacob "smiles" Honeysett. If the memory served him right this man was a platoon leader a man who would be part of their squad at least for the duration of the current mission. Repeating the previous procedure of trying to take in every detail of the man while he had time to do so, Altair listened to the answer.
"Every marine needs a pulse rifle Altair… Marine first, medic second is the right attitude, don't let a man die if he can be saved, but don't run to help someone if it's a dangerous situation. If they're wounded badly enough they won't last out a short firefight then they'll only hamper us anyway if you get to them."
“Now refer to me as Wrench or Jones if you need something. I also agree that you should have a pulse rifle Altair.”
Hearing the answer from both of the men Altair nodded, stepping. The boy didn’t quite know what do about the ranks and the names of these men. Of course he understood that it was dangerous and certainly out of question to call them by their ranks, once they’ve landed but the boy couldn’t bring himself up to call either of the men wrench or smiles even though both of them were almost the same age. This was probably because not only these men had more experience and outranked the boy but Altair was also bound by the code of conduct taught to him from the early age. The most he could bring himself to say was Sir.

“Sir I’ll be driving the brute, since I am not very good with the weapons Sir and you might need all the firepower you can get your hands on.”

Surprised by his own blunt reply the boy hastily took a step back in to the line. What he was said was true the rest of the guys had more experience with their rifles than the boy and even though he was not as good as some of the men present at driving an APC this would be a good way to get some practice. Once the briefing was over Altair turned to his friend.

“So why don’t we get comfortable? After you Sir”

The boy mocked a deep reverence motioning for his friend to follow him into the APC.

Pvt. Altair Konterran

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Tarik was zoning in and out trying to listen to all the babbling going on. Khan had a hard time keeping his concentration on everything. He honestly was trying to keep up but just couldn't, he never had the mind for bureaucracy. He knew the mission, kill what the boss said to kill, otherwise standby. One thing he could do was follow orders. He finished up with his camo kit and placed it back in his cargo pocket. He had a black tigerish strips up and down his arms and face, it was more for intimidation then anything.

He moved his attention to his gear check and recheck he thought..he made sure to turn off the autoload on the smartgun, a trick his Gunny in boot had thought him saying that the gun tended to jam if not reloaded and cocked manually. Smartgunners were a little diffrent breed of soldier than the rest. They were aloud to keep the same weapon instead of being reissued another gun everytime. This helped with special mods and overall use and familiarity of the weapon. "If you find a good M56 never let it go by the time you regret it you'll be dead." He remembered the words of his Gunny and patted his gun.

"Huh?" he looked at altair with his head cocked a little to the side "You say something?"

SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:28 pm

[quote]“Sir I’ll be driving the brute, since I am not very good with the weapons Sir and you might need all the firepower you can get your hands on.â€
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 am

Morrison took his place atop two stacked sentrygun crates, with rifle slung, and helmet under his arm, he probably did not look at all as an officer.

To get everyones attention, he stuck two fingers in his mouth, and let out a shrill whistle.

"Settle down, settle down!" he shouted "Can everyone her me?" he asked, looking out over the gathered Marines infront of him.

"Good. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Second 'Ell-Tee' Thomas Morrison- I'm the boss of this outfit. Now that we've had our pre-drop fun, it's time to get briefed- Our mission on this dirtheap called Zenus Vier- is to provide security for a installation, and stop incursions. Now, thois colony is not very developed. They use water and windmills for power, apparently- it's an agricultural colony. We're gonna touch down in the capitol, some small town named Hesseneu. We are to link up with friendlies on the ground, and they will fill us in on more info then- right now, I don't know more about these incursions then you do. Until we find out what's going on, I want you to be firm, fair and friendly- act professional." Morrison stopped to spit some dip on the deck infront of the crates.

"I know that most of you are fresh from boot. But I've served alongside everyone in your commandteam, and I can personally guarantee you that they are evey bit as tough, and experienced as they seem. You are in good hands. Oh- and another thing- out in the field, you do not ever, under any conditions, call me sir- I am Morrison, or Boss. And that is it. Understood?" Morrison spat again, and put his helmet on.

"Any questions sofar?"

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”