Turn 6 - The sentry

The 3rd Eightballs campaign. Terminated.
tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by tashw » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:25 pm

Eileen cursed as Bojan and Eagle's initial success descended into a wrestling match with the dog.

"Everyone forward now," Eileen pocketed her binoculars and scrambled to her feet, "Bren, Williams, secure the prisoner. Chappell, keep watch."

Through the mist, Eileen could see Eagle and Bojan struggling with the furious dog, "Eagle," Eileen snapped over the comm as she began to run towards the boulders, "Just kill that bloody animal."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Having dropped his weapons in order to aid Bojan, Eagle had only one option and that was to use his hands. With the dogs jaws locked onto Bojans arm he could not snap the neck of the dog. He stiffened his finger and jabbed it forcefully into the eye of the dog and with the other can he grasped the lower jaw of the dog and ripped downward forcefully. Once it released its bite, he would snap its neck.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:46 pm

The huge dog flinched and grunted as Eagle stabbed at it's eyes. But it refused to let go of Bojans arm which it tore back and forth, it's teeth digging deeper by the second. Eagles forceful tear at the jaw did little to relinquish the enormous pressure of the creatures jaws. The pain was becoming overwhelming for Bojan.

Site admin

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Dugan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Dugan could see the obvious pain Bojan was in and motioned to Bren to waste the animal.

He then slung his Flame Unit down and drew his VP70 and took aim at the dog. "I have the dog in my sights if you want me to take the shot?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 pm

James reached out with his hand stretching out across the ground he found the blade of his tomahawk, its sharp edge slicing his palm as he closed his hand around it. Dragging it closer he adjusted his grip, the blood making it initially too slick, it fell from his grasp and he dragged the three of them a little closer and grasped the handle. With a quick movement he slammed the blade down into the intersection of the neck and the shoulders, applying the full weight to the point.

GM

Image Image Image

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Huey » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:07 am

"Shit" Huey almost instinctively, he couldn't even try to shoot the dog without shooting one of his squadmates. He sprinted to the Bojan and Eagle, he'd been ordered to secure the guard. His immediate instinct however to was help the Marines first. Quickly pulling out some flexicuffs he tied up the guard and rolled him over.

He then slung his Flame Unit down and drew his VP70 and took aim at the dog. "I have the dog in my sights if you want me to take the shot?"

"No don't shoot" Huey told Pvt. Simovic, no way he could possible shoot the dog. Huey kept his own rifle at the prisoner. It was his orders even though, everything in him told him to help out Eagle and Bojan.

Last edited by Huey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by rednus » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:15 am

that ..was... un-credible....

...was about all he could manage to think as he ordered his squad up to position.
they're on us for sure now...

"Second ! eyes open ! i get the feelin' we're about to be in a whole world 'o shit .."

Red came to a crouch nearer the commotion, never taking his eyes off the direction of the base... though he could only imagine what had happened to bojan...

"goddamit.. whats the sit. rep.? sarge ? lieutenant?"

Last edited by rednus on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:21 am

The pain was almost unbearable but Bojan didn't make a noise except for exhaling quickly when he was first attacked. He was almost ready to shoot it but remembered that they wanted to do this silently and he hoped to hell that his wound didn't get infected, other than that he would be alright. Bojan just grimaced.

OOC: I hope this isn't doomdice related caused by working out it is likely that there are aliens on the planet :P
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by pants » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:04 am

"Everyone forward now," Eileen pocketed her binoculars and scrambled to her feet, "Bren, Williams, secure the prisoner. Chappell, keep watch."
Nick started moving towards the struggling marines and dog, cursing under his breath at what was happening.

The rest of the platoon was already on the move to help L CPl's Bojan and Eagle so Nick kept his attention focused on the surrounding area and trying to keep his nerves under control so that he didn't start blasting anything that startled him.
"Hold your shot Simovic. Both Eagle and Bojan are too close, I don't want any friendly fire incidents," replied Steel "If they manage to get clear though, waste the dog."

"Goddamit.. whats the sit rep? Sarge? Lieutenant?"
Nick kept up his constant surveillance of the surrounding area as he replied to L Cpl Chappells request for information over his communit.

"We can't waste the dog till Eagle and Bojan are clear, but the noise from the struggle might alert any other sentires that the pirates have out. Keep your squad alert and ready to rock and roll. As soon as the dogs down we secure the sentry and wait for the LT to decide what's next. Copy that Chappell?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by rednus » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:27 am

-"Copy that..."

Red stayed in position a crouched stance ,soon he realised his knee was in a particularly wet patch of earth, and hastily rose to attention.
Watching the direction of the base , he occasionally flicked on his IR viewer for good measure, and scanned the horizon for any heat signatures...

...it's a friggin' dog... what's taken' 'em so long?....

Rednus snorted, reached for another smoke and, as was now the norm, began to ingest it. Soon after, a filter was spat onto the cold ground.

...eighteen to go...

he hoped for everyone else's sake they'd be through here before that number reached 'dangerously' low, and began to make a thorough mental note of who else was carrying cancer sticks...

.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:31 am

With a quick movement he slammed the blade down into the intersection of the neck and the shoulders, applying the full weight to the point.
The blade bit deeply into the flesh, and scraped across the bone until it found the intersection of the vertebra and slipped through as he applied the weight of his upper body on the sharp edge. With a loud sigh, the dog slumped onto the ground. Reversing the handle of the tomahawk James slid it between the teeth of the dead animal and pried the jaws open releasing Bojan from the grip.

GM

Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:38 am

"James, secure the immediate area and call me a medic, I'll talk to the Lt", Bojan said. He just lay there having a break not sure what exactly had happened to his arm from the dog.

Bojan switched frequency on his radio to the Lieutenant and squad leaders', "James has been able to subdue the dog with lethal force, I'm just gonna lie here unless Doc tells me otherwise, the dog got me in the underarm"

OOC: How bad does it feel for Bojan, Nick?

OOC: See next turn.
William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Dugan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Dugan sighed as he saw the dogs lifeless body slump to the floor, he holstered his VP70 and turned to the other platoon members. "Look on the bright side at least we can eat fresh meat tonight" motioning to the dog with his flamethrower. "Kentucki Fried Dog anyone?".

He laughed inwardly as he realised this would actually constitute a good meal back in his poverty sticken home town of Harlem.

Last edited by Dugan on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by Huey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 am

Huey dragged the prisoner to the rocks where he had originally been and set him down his rifle trained on him. He was glad that the mutt was dead. Not at all disturbed by the slain animal. It was just a dog to him, now no longer a problem.

"Look on the bright side at least we can eat fresh meat tonight" motioning to the dog with his flame unit. "Kentucki Fried Dog anyone?".

"Ain't no Filipino's here Simovic" Said Huey half-chuckling. Turning back to the prisoner his expression changed, he hadn't moved yet. But he still kept his eyes on him, and the surrounding area, just in case any of his new friend's buddies decided to show up.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 - The sentry

Post by pants » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:50 am

Bojan switched frequency on his radio to the Lieutenant and squad leaders', "James has been able to subdue the dog with lethal force, I'm just gonna lie here unless Doc tells me otherwise, the dog got me in the underarm"
"Where's Skellen?" asked Nick when he heard Bojan over his commset. Looking around he managed to spot the marine and started talking back into his comm.

"Skellen get over there and start adminsitering first aid to L Cpl Bojan."

Nick was glad to see Williams had secured the sentry. That was damn good initiative and boded well.

"Good works, Williams. Make sure he's not going anywhere. I'll see what the LT want's to do with him."

"LT, Williams has the sentry under guard and the dog has been downed by L Cpl Eagle and I've ordered Skellen to take care of Bojan's wound. What's the plan now?"

"Look on the bright side at least we can eat fresh meat tonight" motioning to the dog with his flame unit. "Kentucki Fried Dog anyone?".
"We'll save that option for when we're really desperate Simovic." replied Steel.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Charybdis Campaign”