Turn 7 Another Day, Another Dollar!

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Date: December 1st, 2080AD
Time: 17:35

Working rapidly with one another the marines of the Easy Eights and the Delta Dogs, coordinated a fall back plan, gathering one unto the other dragging the wounded out with them. What was working rather smoothly suddenly turned into a thing of complete chaos, for suddenly from out of the stygian darkness surged a rapidly approaching horde of monsters straight out of Dante’s Inferno, spilling through the tunnels like a living flood of water.
Retreating in a leap frog manner, the marines were able to make it out of the tunnels with the xenomorphic mob hot on their trail. Just when they felt they were not going to make it, they broke out of the darkness and into the fading light of the sun. Radio contacted resume and suddenly the doors of the fire base opened and the marines literally tumbled through it as the sound of rapid firing weapons of sentry guns began to spit out fiery hot lead, pitching aliens backwards. Over the radios, the marines could hear a ComTech shouting that there was incoming bogeys. Those able scrambled to the top of the wall, their reward was nothing short of astonishing for cresting the top of the ridge was not only more aliens, but these aliens were strikingly different from those that had pursued them. Furthermore these newcomers didn’t strike at the Firebase, but instead launched into the flanks of the massive horde before the gate.
Pulling out his goggles, LT. Morrison scanned the throng of wiping tails, slashing claws, and gnashing teeth. There appeared to be two groups at work here, the first group appeared to be a solid black, the light reflecting from them causing them to appear highly polished. The second group was slightly larger, their color appeared to change as the dying light from the sun played across them, one moment it seemed to be white, another bluish, and then again it would be gray. Another distinguishing feature was a spiny ridge along the crest of the banana shaped head.
As quickly as they appeared the new comers retreated down into the tunnels, while their numbers had been nearly halved by the more numerous black horde, they had completely destroyed the army of aliens before the gate of the Firebase, completely ignoring the bastion of humanity that lay before them.

Date: December 3rd, 2080AD
Time: 08:00

The newly promoted 1st LT. Thomas Morrison walked into the ready room for the marines of the Easy Eights and the Delta Dogs. He walked onto the small raised platform at the bottom of the theatre. The members of his command staff were already seated. He glanced at them, proud of the original members and equally proud of those who were replacing the injured marines and those who had gone off on the final march. Several of them had started out with him as regular grunts, now he and they had received field commissions of rank.

Sergeant Jacob Honeysett had been with him the longest and he had recently been promoted to Gunnery Sergeant and would be serving as his second in command and serve as the section leader of B Section of the unified Easy Eights and Delta Dogs.

Staff Sergeant Daniel Bojan was the third member of his command staff and would serve as the section leader with the A Section. He had earned his stripes as both a regular grunt and a Special Forces member.

L. Cpl Dugan Simovic was still new to the squad, but with Corporal Rednus injury he had been promoted into the Squad Leader position of 1st Squad Section A.

Corporal Tarick Khan would handle the duties of 2nd Squad, Squad Leader.

Sergeant Constantine Alexander, wise ass of the first degree, but also one who would cover your back and an old time would handle duty as Squad leader for the 1st Squad of B Section

Corporal Gavin Jones, noteworthy for his skill around an engine would function as B Sections Squad Leader.

“Marines, we have faced a nearly undefeatable foe within the depths of this planet within the last 48 hours. We have two days of rest and we are expected to re-enter that domain. As we were fortunate enough to escape and view the evidence of the footage of our security cameras we now know that there are two distinctively different types of aliens infesting this planet. The good General and his staff still require the capturing of an Alien Mother and they want us to find the nest of the second group and capture what they are dubbing the Mother Bravo. Please hold any questions until after the video.â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:55 am

Simovic and the men of the 8th had come tearing out of those tunnels like bats out of hell, and the injured were literally dragged along kicking and screaming. They'd only managed to get into the gates of their compound because the sentry guns had done there job beating back the hordes, picking out only enemies as the Marines IFF Transponders indicated to the guns that they were friendlies.

Smiovic moved to the top of the wall and couldn't believe the sight below as now he could clearly see the mass hordes of black Aliens being joined by a new type they hadn't encountered before, things couldn't get any worse! He grabbed his Flame Unit ready for the last stand, yet unbelievably the two Alien hordes were attacking each other. The battle was short but brutal and the victors retreated.

"What shit have I signed myself up for? Things like this ain't meant to exist, how could God allow it?"

After the briefing Simovic sat quietly as he tried to take in everything that had happened in the last hour. His section of the 8th platoon was pretty messed up with two members critically injured and another two with minor injuries, the other section hadn't faired that better either. He mulled over his promotion, was it a good thing? He didn't think so, seemed like they were all living on borrowed time and a rank meant little to these creatures, just meant by the end of this mission if he weren't dead he'd have the blood of the fallen on his hands.

There seemed little point into trying to get out of what was happening everyone sat there realised it was a suicide mission, so his concern now was giving the men of the 8th some sort of fighting chance. With this in mind he threw in a few questions, after watching the video.

"Lt we're in pretty bad shape at the moment both sections are men down, what are the chances of re-enforcements? Also what do we know about these creatures life cycle, seems they weren't trying to kill, as from all accounts they took Rigon...what the hell for?"
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Dirk saw the Aliens comeing. This would be the shortest assignment in the history of the corps. He thought wryly. Getting his smartgun ready Dirk charged to the top of the wall. He saw severial other Marines doing the same. It would be his first and his last,stand but maybe he could make the Aliens pay a high price for his ass. The fight was short lived. The two different kinds of Aliens ripped each other apart, as Dirk stood there and watched . When it was over the Aliens were gone as fast as they came. Lighting a cigaret he looked over the dead and dieing Aliens.

"My god...They look like something from a madman's nightmare"

"Anyone know where I can find Sgt Constantine Alexander. I'm his new Smartgunner"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:50 pm

[quote=""Dugan""]"What shit have I signed myself up for? Things like this ain't meant to exist, how could God allow it?"[/quote]

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"My god...They look like something from a madman's nightmare"
[/quote]

Eric just stared at the monsters that he had been sure one second ago would be his death.

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Anyone know where I can find Sgt Constantine Alexander. I'm his new Smartgunner"
[/quote]

Eric looked to his right at the familiar voice, and saw an old friend from boot camp. "Dirk! It's me, Eric Roberts, from bootcamp. Nice ta' see you again man!" He put out his hand for a handshake.
Last edited by Corporal Hicks on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Eric Roberts wrote:
Eric looked to his right at the familiar voice, and saw an old friend from boot camp. "Dirk! It's me, Eric Roberts, from bootcamp. Nice ta' see you again man!" He put out his hand for a handshake.
"Eric!" Dirk said as he took Roberts hand" How the hell are you?Damn It' good to see ya, It' been a while. How long have you been this part of hell?" He said with a half smile.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:20 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Eric!" Dirk said as he took Roberts hand" How the hell are you?Damn It' good to see ya, It' been a while. How long have you been this part of hell?" He said with a half smile.
[/quote]

"Nice to see you too man. I've been on Zenus Vier about a week, down those tunnels the last few hours, I'm pretty beat up, but I'll be alright." he said, motioning to the burn marks on his face and the broken nose. "Nasty business, but someone's gotta' do it. So you're joining our squad man?" he asked, spitting blood out of his mouth onto the ground.

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:45 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]
"Nice to see you too man. I've been on Zenus Vier about a week, down those tunnels the last few hours, I'm pretty beat up, but I'll be alright." he said, motioning to the burn marks on his face and the broken nose. "Nasty business, but someone's gotta' do it. So you're joining our squad man?" he asked, spitting blood out of his mouth onto the ground.[/quote]

"Ya it looks that way. When do you think we are going back down into the tunnels?"Dirk said lookin back to the Alien battle field. He lit another cigaret and waited for Eric to tell him what he already knew. They would be going soon.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:55 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Ya it looks that way. When do you think we are going back down into the tunnels?"Dirk said lookin back to the Alien battle field. He lit another cigaret and waited for Eric to tell him what he already knew. They would be going soon.
[/quote]

"Well, they haven't told us yet, but I'm sure they'll throw us right back into the mess. You may be getting into a little more then a fight, some of the guys say the brass is trying to get rid of us because a' what we've seen. Now i dunno if I believe that, but that's what the rumors say. Also, I suggest you overpack on ammo, supplies, you can always drop it later. I dunno if you'll get the same supplies that I got, but I've decided I'm hanging on to my stuff, they can't take it away. Oh, what happened to Collins, Fox, and Christian? They still back in boot?"

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:43 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]
"Well, they haven't told us yet, but I'm sure they'll throw us right back into the mess. You may be getting into a little more then a fight, some of the guys say the brass is trying to get rid of us because a' what we've seen. Now i dunno if I believe that, but that's what the rumors say. Also, I suggest you overpack on ammo, supplies, you can always drop it later. I dunno if you'll get the same supplies that I got, but I've decided I'm hanging on to my stuff, they can't take it away. Oh, what happened to Collins, Fox, and Christian? They still back in boot?"[/quote]

"Ya I wouldn't put it past the brass to sent the 8th back out soon.And thanks for the advice. I'll grab as much ammo and supplies as I can get my hands on." Dirk said as he took another drag off his cigaret. Slowly blowing out the smoke. "Collins, Fox, Christian? Man. I got no Idea where any of those guys are. All I know is that I ended up here and wasn't even told who the hell to report to. Oh well. Fuck it. I'm here now. Just one question...You said some of the guys said the brass is trying to get rid of us...Don't you think that someone would notice if the entire 8th was gone?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:01 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Ya I wouldn't put it past the brass to sent the 8th back out soon.And thanks for the advice. I'll grab as much ammo and supplies as I can get my hands on." Dirk said as he took another drag off his cigaret. Slowly blowing out the smoke. "Collins, Fox, Christian? Man. I got no Idea where any of those guys are. All I know is that I ended up here and wasn't even told who the hell to report to. Oh well. Fuck it. I'm here now. Just one question...You said some of the guys said the brass is trying to get rid of us...Don't you think that someone would notice if the entire 8th was gone?"
[/quote]

"Well yeah, they would notice, but the brass isn't gonna exterminate us, the rumor is that this is a suicide mission, that they're expecting nobody to come back out alive. And I'd suggest reporting to 1st Lieutenant Morrison, he's in charge of the 8th."

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:40 am

Well yeah, they would notice, but the brass isn't gonna exterminate us, the rumor is that this is a suicide mission, that they're expecting nobody to come back out alive. And I'd suggest reporting to 1st Lieutenant Morrison, he's in charge of the 8th."
"Well I don't know about you Eric, but I ain't planning on dieing any time soon. Lt.Morrison, Huh? I guess I better find the L-T and report in. I'll see you around Eric."Dirk said, slaping Eric on the backas he walked away looking for Lt. Morrison
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:20 am

Con wasn't really paying to Morrison, he was staring at his boots, and fingering his new stripes. One day he was a pathetic recruit stealing officers pens and now he was leading a squad of marines, possibly to their deaths and possibly towards acts of heroism that would earn them stripes as well.

Closing his eyes for a second Con tried to focus on the out side of the room but his mind kept wondering and he stopped bothering.

Over his shoulder he heard a marine talking
"Anyone know where I can find Sgt Constantine Alexander. I'm his new Smartgunner"
Turning around in his seat Con looked up at the marine. "Right here marine, I'm Con, call me anything but that, including sarge, and I will petty much disappear every single one of you possesions INCLUDING the clothes on your back" Con said with a smile, most of the old marines new that thats exactly what he would do but Con thought it best to establish himself to avoid problems later. "Now" he continued to the marine "Your my nes smarter gunner huh? Well lets hope you know what your doing cause i sure as hell dont."

Turning to Bojan, Con smiled and proded his rank. "Staff Seargent hey? Good work buddy"

"alrighty then" Con said standing as Morrison's video finished "who is sucker enough to be following me in this deadly yet noble quest for the greatest of all causes, money"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:12 pm

[quote=""StConstantine""]
Turning around in his seat Con looked up at the marine. "Right here marine, I'm Con, call me anything but that, including sarge, and I will petty much disappear every single one of you possesions INCLUDING the clothes on your back" Con said with a smile, most of the old marines new that thats exactly what he would do but Con thought it best to establish himself to avoid problems later. "Now" he continued to the marine "Your my nes smarter gunner huh? Well lets hope you know what your doing cause i sure as hell dont."[/quote]

Looking over Dirk saw the Sgt with new stripes talking to him" Alright,Con. I'm Pvt Dirk Pitt. You can call me Dirk or whatever, but don't worry Con. I will NEVER take your clothes off your back. We wouldn't want to scare these things befor we have a chance to kill them" Dirk said with a sly half smile."Oh ya..and I don't know what the fuck to do myself. looks like a unstoppable team..We don't know how to fail"

"alrighty then" Con said standing as Morrison's video finished "who is sucker enough to be following me in this deadly yet noble quest for the greatest of all causes, money"
Watching the video Dirk was almost excited. This was an enemy that would keep comeing unless you killed them all.Dirk lit a cigaret and put the pack back into its waterproof case. Takeing a drag and then exhaleing the smoke slowly. He stood up after Con"I've always been a sucker for the HUGE paycheck the Corps gives us, Con. When do we go?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:31 pm

While Eric and Dirk were chatting in there pariff. A marine from the Firebase leaning on the fence from where it opened to let the retreating squads in. Fox started walking towards Eric, with his head down. There was a heavy grin on Fox's face when they had said something with his name in it.Now advancing towards the marines.

"Eric and Dirk, are you sure I was left in boot camp?"
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:20 am

Looking at the mumbling and rustling platoon in front of him, Morrison took his time to fish out his little can of dip, give himself a generous lump, spit, and put it back into the pocket.

"Settle down!" he roared "you'll have time to cuddle later, now sit down, and shut it!" he waited until he had the undivided attention of his Marines.

"Before we start with questions and planning, I've got a short announcement to make; Konterran, Harmon, Wrathboyne- you have all gotten promoted to Private First class, Williams- you are now a Lance Corporal. Congratulations, men. Danny... I mean, Staff Sergeant Bojan will have your new rank-signias."

Morrison spat at the stage again.

"Our next mission is planned to be a rather short strike-type mission, because of this, and in light of previous contacts with these creatures, I will get us about twice as much ammo as usual, and try my best to get us some extra firepower. Medics, if you'll give me a list of wanted items, I can just sign it and you should be able to get it from supplies." Morrison spat at the stage again.

"If we can't get what we need the right way, we might just have to send Con." He said.

"That's it for me, people. Questions?"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”