Turn 1 - Briefing

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Apachetear » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:18 am

Looking at these two men, Jacob began to wonder just exactly what they could hope to achieve against 2 platoons of USCM. Still he sat tight and endured the lecture.

He scanned his eyes around the room and saw the new, the nearly new and the not very new at all.

'Jesus, here's hoping we don't have no fresh meat, the marines new last mission are still nearly fresh - and nearly fresh is still too fresh for my liking' Jacob thought to himself.

Leaning back he lit a cigarette and stared at the general blankly, focusing on a point somewhere in between his eyes and about an inch or so up...d
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by bull30548 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Fiddling with one of his pockets a rather heavy wrench slips out just a bit. With his other hand he unclips the strap for his sidearm. Looking at Morrison he indicates to his right and back. Jones noticed the guards when they entered and didn't like intimidation tactics. Just waiting to see if Morrison give him the shake or the nod as to whether to take out the two guards. He sits there fingering his luck wrench while he listens and waits.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by StConstantine » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:02 am

With his other hand he unclips the strap for his sidearm.
Hearing the slight click Con turned around slighlty to look at Jones. What the hell is he doing, Con thought. Realising the click had come from Gavin's pistol holster, Con realised things might just get nasty, but he was unsure what about. The gaurds seemed more like a precausionary tactic then people trained to do real harm. All the same Con kept his knife in his hand, just in case...
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Jocke » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:20 pm

[quote=""bull30548""]Fiddling with one of huis pockets a rather heavy wrench slips out jus a bit. With his other hand he unclips the strap for his sidearm. Looking at Morrison he indicates to his right and back. Jones noticed the guards when they entered and didn't like intimidation tactics. Just waiting to see if Morrison give him the shake or the nod as to whether to take out the two guards. He sits there fingering his luck wrench while he listens and waits.[/quote]

What in the seven circles of hell is he doing?

Morrison had to struggle to stay seated. Instead, he threw a angry glare at Jones, and slowly shook his head, jaw muslces churning.

Is he honestly thinking about drawing on the General's staff? I will have to monkeystomp Jones so hard...
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Apachetear » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:52 pm

Glancing to the side, Jacob caught Morrisson's stony glare and followed it across to Wrench.

Smiling to himself, Jacob sat and looked forward again, slouching, if he wanted to pull a gun on a general...that was up to him - but sure as hell he wasn't getting drawn into it.
"Is there anyone here who feels they cannot abide by this policy?"
exhaling smoke through his nose he spoke out to the general

"Sir, I can abide by the policy, and I'm sure as hell these marines are of the highest integrity and won't break their word. I don't understand why you need heavies standing by to look after your own troops though, you're a general - holding total command, aren't you?"

All through this speech he maintained eye contact with the general, without blinking, and now he took a drag of his cigarette and blew smoke out towards the ceiling...deliberately unfolding his arms, so the general could see his armour and the things daubed on it and he looked meaningfully at the general, waiting to see how he'd react.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:27 am

Eric just noticed the guards, and wondered why there would be guards to the briefing, then put it out of his mind, assuming there must be a good reason, or maybe it was military procedure. He paid rapt attention to the General until a marine in the crowd spoke up.
"Sir, I can abide by the policy, and I'm sure as hell these marines are of the highest integrity and won't break their word. I don't understand why you need heavies standing by to look after your own troops though, you're a general - holding total command, aren't you?"
Eric was all but horrified by this lack of respect to a superior officer. Then he realized the man was a Sergeant, so he was less likely to get in trouble. And he also was unaware of what the General could be asking them not to talk about, and realized there could be emotion behind all this. He sat up a little straighter in his chair and looked at the General to see how he would react.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by bull30548 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 am

Moving his hand away from the holster he instead pulls his lighter and lights his cigar with the similar click of his holster. Pulling from the cigar then pulling it from his mouth. "I agree that most everybody in this room can kee his or hers mouth shut. My question is what happens when the noncombatants get a gander of these things. How are we supposed to suppress that? I have no problem flattening the bugs but if I got to do that to Betty Sue or John Joe......" Shrugging and looking around at the rest squads not finishing his statement. Unlike some of these guys he from the colonies and he has heard the rumors. Marines sent in to 'suppress' the uprising population. More like massacre them all and let god sort them out. He had actually lost some his family to a mess like that. He didn't know the exact details but he knew the official line was bull. He still felt inspired to join these guys thinking that those days were over.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Huey » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:04 am

Huey had taken his seat, he was still running on adrenaline from the firefight with the pirates. He'd survived his first real taste of combat and made it without so much as a scratch. Bren and Skellon weren't so lucky. He was glad to be alive, but knowing that two of the other guys didn't make him feel good...least he was around to feel anything at all.

But now there were bigger things at hand. He had to keep his mouth shut about all the information he was going to recieve. That pissed him off, but for a General in the USCMC to come down and tell him that meant it was serious. He didn't know why he felt the need to have guards here, it probably just made the general feel better, the same couldn't be said for Huey.

"I agree that most everybody in this room can kee his or hers mouth shut. My question is what happens when the noncombatants get a gander of these things. How are we supposed to suppress that? I have no problem flattening the bugs but if I got to do that to Betty Sue or John Joe......"

Huey agreed with Jones, he didn't know him, but the tough edge from the colonies showed up in him. Wasn't anyone in the colonies who hadn't heard stories of Marines paid by the corporations to clean out a town after some shit went wrong. Part of the reason some colonists were quite as patriotic as people from the homeworld. His words brought up some tension, that and a Sergeant's near challenge quieted the room a little bit.

"Shit's gon' get heavy", was the only thought going through his mind.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by pants » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:55 am

"Is there anyone here who feels they cannot abide by this policy?" At this he glances over at the exit of the tent where two extremely large and well armed marines in black uniforms are taking their places.
Nick had turned up to the briefing slightly late, and was seated when the General started the briefing.

"General I don't think you've got any reason to doubt these two platoons. We've been through hell and there's not a single marine here that I wouldn't vouch for!" replied Nick, realising as he said it that he hadn't met any of the new marines and couldn't really speak for them, but he wasn't too worried about that at the present.

"So why are we here General?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Atypicalkiller » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Khan reached into a pocket to retrieve a cigarette, he looked back towards the entrance of the tent where the two guards stood. He turned back and lit his smoke. "Are they kidding? Khan would easily waste these guys without busting a sweat...he paid them no mind and continued smoking. Mutany is what they would call it reguardless of a double-cross by this shady General. Khan was well aware of who wrote the reports that were released to the media, and no-one in these two platoons would be that person telling the story.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Apachetear » Tue May 01, 2007 10:14 am

[quote=""StConstantine""]Almost as an after thought Con reached over to Honeysett infront of him and drew a small face on the small of Jacobs back and added a small ciggarett to the faces mouth.

"Sorry, could restrain myself" Con said smiling "It just means now you got another to add to your 'collection'"
[/quote]

Turning hid head to the side so he could see Con out of the corner of his eye he grinned "Hey, if it's a smily face in blood you just put there, it's fine by me!" He said quietly, he wasn't concerned with the General, there wasn't much action he could take except to have a go at him...

Blowing smoke into the air he leaned back again

"What do you reckon he'd do if he met an alien? He probably can't even hold a pulse rifle properly any more, brass don't fight...brass send us to die..." His voice was bitter and mocking of the general, all the more reason for him to keep it to a whisper just in case the general migh hear.

Jacob was foolhardy, but not an idiot...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue May 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Another dull boring briefing... Khan thought to himself. He took another drag off his cigarette and watched the other Marines fiddle with some of their weapons. Boredom was begining to take it's toll and he watched the General talk he imagined one of those Scorpion bugs crawling up behind him and biting his head off, and ripping off his arms, while Khan just sat back and smoked. He cracked a smile and looked over to Altair he appeared intrested but Tk had the feeling his mind was elsewhere as well. Khan pulled out his bowie knife and wiped the blood of the Grow off on the ground.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”